<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game #25: Orlando Magic vs Houston Rockets

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:37 pm
User avatarPosts: 58977Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:39 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
tharock220 wrote:
I can't remember the last time Yao actually put together a series of good games. He's already in decline and he's only 27. WTF man??? He needs to get more agresive. Look how easily Dwight Howard scored, and don't blame it on the double teams because Yao wasn't doubled at all in the 4th and he still missed like5 fallaways in a row. He and McGrady both suck. The window is closed in all likelyhood.

You mean Yao and T-Mac had a window??? Sorry bro, there never has been a window for them. It doesn't look like there is going to be one either. Yao just does not have what it takes to become a leader. There was one possession that summed it up. The rockets got an offensive board but because the shot didn't hit the rim, there was no reset on the clock. They got the ball into Yao in low post with 5 seconds left. Yao did not want to shoot the ball and was looking around for players to pass to. He eventually threw up an air ball as time expired. Great players know how to deal with double teams and play through it. Yao on the other hand are using double team as an excuse not to shoot the ball. He surely know now, teams aren't going to stop double teaming him. Respond or become obslete.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:43 pm
User avatarPosts: 7212Location: Austin, TX Home of the RoseBowl Champions and NCAA basketball champions.Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 am
Tang Man wrote:
tharock220 wrote:
I can't remember the last time Yao actually put together a series of good games. He's already in decline and he's only 27. WTF man??? He needs to get more agresive. Look how easily Dwight Howard scored, and don't blame it on the double teams because Yao wasn't doubled at all in the 4th and he still missed like5 fallaways in a row. He and McGrady both suck. The window is closed in all likelyhood.

You mean Yao and T-Mac had a window??? Sorry bro, there never has been a window for them. It doesn't look like there is going to be one either. Yao just does not have what it takes to become a leader. There was one possession that summed it up. The rockets got an offensive board but because the shot didn't hit the rim, there was no reset on the clock. They got the ball into Yao in low post with 5 seconds left. Yao did not want to shoot the ball and was looking around for players to pass to. He eventually threw up an air ball as time expired. Great players know how to deal with double teams and play through it. Yao on the other hand are using double team as an excuse not to shoot the ball. He surely know now, teams aren't going to stop double teaming him. Respond or become obslete.

Whatever, they never had a window, and the way it looks there will never be a window. Fine, if that's how you want to put it.

Anyway, I'm watching the same thing too. Yao gets the ball, and he looks around waiting for a double team to come then passes. It's frustrating to watch. He's allowing himself to be taken out of the game.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:48 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
now they are below .500. I have to say they are going backwards comparing to last season. I just don't see this team doing better this season than last season. Sigh......

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:58 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
tharock220 wrote:
Whatever, they never had a window, and the way it looks there will never be a window. Fine, if that's how you want to put it.

Anyway, I'm watching the same thing too. Yao gets the ball, and he looks around waiting for a double team to come then passes. It's frustrating to watch. He's allowing himself to be taken out of the game.

I am just so frustrated right now. Maybe I'll calm down a little if they beat the Nuggets tomorrow.

Yao just has to learn to play through double teams. He'll have to deal with it for the rest of this year and for at least the next 3 years. His team will keep losing until he decides enough is enough.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:13 pm
Yao isn't the problem. scoring a double double almost every game, what more can you expect? A win?

If you didn't know arleady, basketball is a "team" sport....

1 man can't carry a team with todays competition.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:27 pm
User avatarPosts: 2681Location: HoustonJoined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:48 pm
I think Yao's new nickname should be "I-Robot"

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:58 pm
If there's one man that can carry a team, it's Yao.
Unfortunately, Yao does not care to achieve greatness.

Yao can easily get every center in the nba into foul trouble every single game. But instead, he fades away from them, thus giving himself a more difficult shot (because he ends up far away from the rim) and at the same time NOT getting the defender in foul trouble. Of course, that's IF he takes a shot.

Over 15 times tonight, when Yao had the ball in the post, he passed it back out.... never considering even trying to score it himself. Every time, he waits for a double team... and yet there's still plenty of time to shoot a hook, turn-around jumper, or fadeaway. So why even pass it to Yao when he'll just pass it back out anyways?

Why doesn't Yao just pop a shot right away? We've seen him do it. He knows he can do it. He knows it's a high percentage shot. But instead, it's as if he only allows himself 20 shots per game, maximum. Why? Is he being blackmailed by somebody?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:06 pm
Posts: 8229Location: GuangxiJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:14 pm
marza wrote:
If there's one man that can carry a team, it's Yao.
Unfortunately, Yao does not care to achieve greatness.

Yao can easily get every center in the nba into foul trouble every single game. But instead, he fades away from them, thus giving himself a more difficult shot (because he ends up far away from the rim) and at the same time NOT getting the defender in foul trouble. Of course, that's IF he takes a shot.

Over 15 times tonight, when Yao had the ball in the post, he passed it back out.... never considering even trying to score it himself. Every time, he waits for a double team... and yet there's still plenty of time to shoot a hook, turn-around jumper, or fadeaway. So why even pass it to Yao when he'll just pass it back out anyways?

Why doesn't Yao just pop a shot right away? We've seen him do it. He knows he can do it. He knows it's a high percentage shot. But instead, it's as if he only allows himself 20 shots per game, maximum. Why? Is he being blackmailed by somebody?

yao is playing soft because he cant afford any injuries due to upcoming 2008 olympics at his home country. thats the only excuse i can think of as a yao homer. other than that, hes just not playing good bball, no excuses, because hes playing worst than previous seasons.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:37 am
The Magic plays like crap but the Rockets plays even worser. How can these scrubs be in this league if they can'T shoot the ball? WIDE OPEN SHOOTS!!!!CANT MAKE THEIR FREETHROWS!!!!!

Offline Profile