<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game #24: Dallas Mavericks vs Houston Rockets

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:11 am
User avatarPosts: 58973Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:27 am
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
1Rockets11 wrote:
Yao actually fought for position and wanted the ball today. But on numerous occasions, our guards disregarded him and took horrible shots. You're right though, Yao should toughen up and demand the ball, but I don't think Yao will ever do that... it's just not him. However, if Yao plays as hard as he did tonight every game, then I will be overjoyed.

I feed bad for Yao right now. He is obviously playing pretty hard but the players around him just aren't getting it done. I've already said it before, a lot NBA players need to trust their teammates more but with Yao it's different. I feel he just need to trust his own abilities more. It's gotten to a point where the role players have shot so poorly, that I think Yao shooting over a double team is actually a more high percentage shot. Maybe its time for him to just do what Hakeem did at his age. The Rockets weren't getting anywhere, so Hakeem just kept refining his offensive skills against double teams. Then when his supporting case got better, the Rockets started winning. So maybe its time for Yao to do the same, ie use the remaining games to refine his offensive skills.

Either way, I think the time to wait to see who can step up and help is over. Yao can't afford to waste the prime years of his career. He must step up now.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:13 am
User avatarPosts: 58973Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Tang Man wrote:

Either way, I think the time to wait to see who can step up and help is over. Yao can't afford to waste the prime years of his career. He must step up now.

WTF you're talking about? :evil:
WTF is this talk about he must step up now??
:evil:

Did you not see him playing his heart out for 42 minutes in this game, scoring 28 points (10/18 FG%, 8/8 FT%), 14 rebounds, 3 block shots, 3 assists??? WHAT MORE you can ask the Big Man?? 56/28 ?? :roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:33 am
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
pryuen wrote:
WTF you're talking about? :evil:
WTF is this talk about he must step up now??
:evil:

Did you not see him playing his heart out for 42 minutes in this game, scoring 28 points (10/18 FG%, 8/8 FT%), 14 rebounds, 3 block shots, 3 assists??? [b]WHAT MORE you can ask the Big Man?? 56/28 ?? [/b] :roll:

Well when everyone is throwing enough bricks to build a new empire state tower and you recieve the ball in the post how about SHOOTING IT rather than passing it out to see more bricks get thrown up.

Kobe has that instinct. When the role aren't making shots, he take it upon himself to try and shoot the Lakers back into it.

Also how about when the team goes 3 to 4 possession without scoring, step up and demand you get the ball on the 4th or 5th possession.

28/14/3 sounds nice. However as 1rockets1 said, Yao could have scored 35. Maybe if he had scored 35 or even 40 the outcome of the game may have been different. Are you happy with Yao getting good stats and don't care about the rockets recorded another 'L'?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:43 am
Tang Man wrote:

28/14/3 sounds nice. However as 1rockets1 said, Yao could have scored 35. Maybe if he had scored 35 or even 40 the outcome of the game may have been different. Are you happy with Yao getting good stats and don't care about the rockets recorded another 'L'?

Man, did you watch this game? :?: That self-claimed best centre Erica Dampier was fronting, hand-checking, pushing and shoveling at his back the whole game through......

Even when he got into great positions, and held his hands up to demand the rock,
his GODAMN team mates ignored him and just jack-uped air balls !!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:56 am
Yao cried after the game?

http://news.wenxuecity.com/messages/200 ... 95165.html

Really?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:12 am
mdking wrote:

Well he was not crying......

But he looked sad, p!$$ed, frustrated, depressed....and with tears rolling in his eyes.

He wa not even smiling when he hugged Juwan Howard passionately as Juwan Howard walked up to the Rockets' bench to say hello to his old team mates of the Rockets.

Compared with him, TMAC was laughing heartily when Juwan Howard greeted him right after the game.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:18 am
Man, I feel sorry for Yao. I've never supported the Rox but I've supported Team China. The guy wants to win so badly but his teammates, on both the Rockets and the CNT, don't have nearly the same hunger. :cry:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:39 am
pryuen wrote:
mdking wrote:

Well he was not crying......

But he looked sad, p!$$ed, frustrated, depressed....and with tears rolling in his eyes.

He wa not even smiling when he hugged Juwan Howard passionately as Juwan Howard walked up to the Rockets' bench to say hello to his old team mates of the Rockets.

Compared with him, TMAC was laughing heartily when Juwan Howard greeted him right after the game.

Wow, these pictures are really telling you something! You can see who has or has not the heart for the game and his team! One is so sad with the loss and the performance of his team, and the other couldn't care less!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:17 pm
User avatarPosts: 962Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 11:22 pm
Question is when will people start to realize that Tmac is probably the SOFTEST player on the Rox?

They guy has all the talent in the world but not the mentality of a champion.

See Mac fade.
See him shoot a jumper from 3 with 15 secs on the shot clock.
See him dribble the ball off his foot for a turnover.
See Mac go to the locker room with an aggravated somethingorother only to return in the second half for more missed jumpers.

If it's not his back then it's his spirit that is giving up. :x

Offline Profile