<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game #24: Dallas Mavericks vs Houston Rockets

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:27 pm
Posts: 145Location: San Mateo, CAJoined: Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:11 pm
Tang Man wrote:
maverickasian wrote:
SEASON OVER !! We will never advance into the playoffs under Adelman!!

Rockets need to make a move. Perhaps trading some of their guards and try and get Andre Miller. A few weeks ago, I heard the Sixers were looking to move him. I don't know if that's still the case with the new GM.

Um...Miller is a worse 3-point shooter than 0-fer (1-for-10 this year, 20% career)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:35 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
Rob wrote:
Tang Man wrote:
maverickasian wrote:
SEASON OVER !! We will never advance into the playoffs under Adelman!!

Rockets need to make a move. Perhaps trading some of their guards and try and get Andre Miller. A few weeks ago, I heard the Sixers were looking to move him. I don't know if that's still the case with the new GM.

Um...Miller is a worse 3-point shooter than 0-fer (1-for-10 this year, 20% career)

True, but he is a much better penerator and distributor of the ball than Alston. Altough I am not thinking about trading Alston. Instead, I am thinking about getting rid of Mike James and maybe Luther Head.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:45 pm
User avatarPosts: 4156Location: Welcome to Ca|i Ca|i!!!!!!!Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:22 pm
I don't think the 76ers want to trade him now since the team is improving recently.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:51 pm
Small changes to this team won't make a difference. I'm getting tired of TMac really quick. Since he's been in Houston, I've been one of his biggest supporters, but between the Utah series and this season so far, he just isn't a winner. The guy looks like he is coasting the whole freaking game. When he needs to dial it up, he can't and bricks off-balanced jumpers. He can be a great playmaker when he wants to be, but he isn't the primary ball handler. He's a streaky shooter who settles for too many jumpers. He is too fragile to get to the rim on a regular basis. Any team out there want him?

On a bright note, Yao played a heck of a game today. He fought on both sides of the court and played hard. None of the weak stuff against the Mavs. If the Rox got him the ball more, he would have easily gone for 35.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:02 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
1Rockets11 wrote:
Small changes to this team won't make a difference. I'm getting tired of TMac really quick. Since he's been in Houston, I've been one of his biggest supporters, but between the Utah series and this season so far, he just isn't a winner. The guy looks like he is coasting the whole freaking game. When he needs to dial it up, he can't and bricks off-balanced jumpers. He can be a great playmaker when he wants to be, but he isn't the primary ball handler. He's a streaky shooter who settles for too many jumpers. He is too fragile to get to the rim on a regular basis. Any team out there want him?

On a bright note, Yao played a heck of a game today. He fought on both sides of the court and played hard. None of the weak stuff against the Mavs. If the Rox got him the ball more, he would have easily gone for 35.

That's the thing with Yao. He needs to let it be known that they should get him the ball enough so he can go off for 35 on nights like tonight.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:55 pm
link anyone?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:59 pm
Making more trades and changing coaches again probably won't help the Rockets much. They need Yao and Tmac to step up and lead the team. Too bad neither one of them are leaders.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:08 pm
Posts: 8230Location: GuangxiJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:14 pm
nogardder1 wrote:
Making more trades and changing coaches again probably won't help the Rockets much. They need Yao and Tmac to step up and lead the team. Too bad neither one of them are leaders.

they just need another consistent scorer but havent seen none yet this year or last year. wtf is with mike james? o wells as long they make the playoffs and advance will appease fans wrath.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:29 pm
Tang Man wrote:
1Rockets11 wrote:

That's the thing with Yao. He needs to let it be known that they should get him the ball enough so he can go off for 35 on nights like tonight.

Yao actually fought for position and wanted the ball today. But on numerous occasions, our guards disregarded him and took horrible shots. You're right though, Yao should toughen up and demand the ball, but I don't think Yao will ever do that... it's just not him. However, if Yao plays as hard as he did tonight every game, then I will be overjoyed.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:55 pm
User avatarPosts: 59171Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Offline Profile