<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game #15: Houston Rockets vs Los Angeles Clippers

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:22 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
It is what it is, Yao will always be Yao. He ain't going to change that much. A few more years, he will be done playing.

Last edited by bayern on Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:23 pm
marza wrote:
Apparently, Yao does not care to achieve greatness. He does not care to make the history books, he does not care to earn the title of "dominant", and he does not care to be the "go-to guy".

Why do I say this?

How many times did he have the ball within shooting range, and his first thought is to find someone to pass to? Just wait, and wait, and wait... (I'm not talking about when he has the ball at the elbow)
And why is he so afraid of a COMING double-team? He's taller than everybody and has an untouchable fadeaway! When he sees the double-teamer coming at him, he still has time to shoot a fadeaway in which he fades in the opposite direction of where the double-teamer is coming from. But instead, he wants to pass. I can understand passing out of a double-team, in the situation when the second you touch the ball there's already a double-team right on top of you. But tonight, Yao would get the ball, and THEN the double-team would come... but you could see them coming from a mile away! JUST FRIGGIN HURRY UP AND SHOOT IT!

Somebody needs to show Yao just how much of an advantage he has over everybody in the entire league! JEESUS THIS IS FRUSTRATING!

Your sir know basketball. They also wasn't dbl teamin him with another big. The were using pgs alot of the times. He had shots over them whenever he wanted, but he chose to pass to 3pt shooters much of the night instead of being aggressive.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:26 pm
oh well, the bottom line is the Rockets got the W. I guess that's all that matters as far as Yao is concerned.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:30 pm
User avatarPosts: 58994Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:36 pm
User avatarPosts: 962Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 11:22 pm
Yao's not establishing himself and finishing as he did last year.
I wouldn't be concerned if it was a few games BUT now it seems to be a status quo.

The problem might not be due to coaching.
Seems to be a strength and confidence issue.

I'd be REALLY concerned if Yao wasn't lifting weights anymore.
Does anybody know if Yao has continued to lift?
A big guy like Yao playing the middle needs to have an edge in every area if he needs to dominate BUT more importantly it keeps him conditioned to play well.

Another problem I see is that Yao hesitates to gather himself and then TAKES A BIG BREATH AND HOLDS IT before going up for a layup or dunk.
Why? Every good athlete knows you need to breathe normally while making your move otherwise you tense up. Shooting is hard enough without having to hold your breath.

And hesitating so you can hold your breath is just slowing Yao down:!: Yao needs to gather himself and go up with rhythm like I know he can.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:40 pm
From the picture, apparently Hayes has bigger arms than Yao's

Last edited by bayern on Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:41 pm
Yao seems to be getting weaker and skinnier.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:43 pm
yoda9999 wrote:
Yao seems to be getting weaker and skinnier.

his upper body is still weak compare to a lot of players in the league.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:47 pm
Yao needs to hire JVG as his personal mentor/coach. JVG is like a USMC DI. He knows how to get Yao in shape.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:57 pm
marza wrote:
Apparently, Yao does not care to achieve greatness. He does not care to make the history books, he does not care to earn the title of "dominant", and he does not care to be the "go-to guy".

Why do I say this?

How many times did he have the ball within shooting range, and his first thought is to find someone to pass to? Just wait, and wait, and wait... (I'm not talking about when he has the ball at the elbow)

And why is he so afraid of a COMING double-team? He's taller than everybody and has an untouchable fadeaway! When he sees the double-teamer coming at him, he still has time to shoot a fadeaway in which he fades in the opposite direction of where the double-teamer is coming from. But instead, he wants to pass. I can understand passing out of a double-team, in the situation when the second you touch the ball there's already a double-team right on top of you. But tonight, Yao would get the ball, and THEN the double-team would come... but you could see them coming from a mile away! JUST FRIGGIN HURRY UP AND SHOOT IT!

Somebody needs to show Yao just how much of an advantage he has over everybody in the entire league! JEESUS THIS IS FRUSTRATING!

Greatness isn't taught, therefore we already know yao will never be great. Sad but true.

Offline Profile