<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game #10 Rockets @Spurs

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:20 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
Yao gets blocked by Duncan. Should have gone up with authority and duck the ball...sigh. The dude just doesn't have the explosiveness in that kind of situation.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:20 pm
those guys need to learn how to pass the ball to Yao!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:23 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
It's really frustrating to watch their games nowadays. I bet you if they made it to the playoffs, they will get knocked out in the first round once again.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:25 pm
User avatarPosts: 3019Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:34 am
paopao wrote:

Im actually glad they didn't pass to yao, he was fking useless.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:37 pm
Yao actually tried a dream shake all the way to the basket, only missed it there. Good try though.

Looks like 52 win is a tall order this season. I think Adelman gave every guard except Steve a chance, and by now they shall all agree that Steve should play.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:38 pm
User avatarPosts: 58994Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Photos of Yao Ming and Steve Francis during pre-game shootout practice.................

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:51 pm
You don't watch much basketball. Having watched Yao playing for 4 years, I can say your statement/sentiment is wrong.

Yao demands attention. And it was a good plan to let Scola rolling. Yao actually had plenty of energy in fourth quarter. There will be another game tomorrow, if Yao can keep that up, then this kind of plan works.

You want a situation that when you get to playoffs, you play the best basketball. You want to avoid injury by over exerting. Actually I admire Adelman's approach to the game.

Also, you want the players to be together. It was nice to see Scola was having some fun out there.

But this team needs some work more than the play style. You will see a dramatic change once Steve starts playing, if that does happen. This organization does things that are beyond my comprehension.

supraman wrote:
paopao wrote:

Im actually glad they didn't pass to yao, he was fking useless.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:53 pm
User avatarPosts: 58994Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:00 pm
Don't worry that much. Watching the process of changes is actually very enjoyable. Oh yeah, I enjoyed observing the politics from last season. And I expect much more from this season.

Imagine a team is like an office. And you have a guy who was fired because he did not agree with you, and now he is hired back, what you would do? Being gracious is not easy, man.

As far as the game goes, it is fine. Coach gives the decisions to players, and they do make bad decisions for a while, and they learn, and they get better. I believe in that approach, and root for it. Change often means pain to some degrees.

Adelman is cool. But well, his boss might feel like what you do, which is wrong.

bayern wrote:
It's really frustrating to watch their games nowadays. I bet you if they made it to the playoffs, they will get knocked out in the first round once again.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:21 pm
We all know that the front-Yao defense is very effective, as tonight's game just reconfirms.

This works so well, that soon every team will do it for every game for the rest of Yao's career. The Rockets had better find a counter-defense soon.

Strangely enough, they did counter the front-Yao!

In the third quarter ( i think) Battier runs up, sets a pick and Yao rolls away from his fronter, for an easy inbound pass and a clean shot. Beautiful!!!! Worked perfect!

But then, as the game continued, I noticed something strange... they didn't do this strategy, EVER AGAIN! WTF!!!!!!!

Offline Profile