<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game #4: Houston Rockets vs. Dallas Mavericks

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:26 pm
User avatarPosts: 1537Location: AZJoined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:54 am
WE LOST BECAUSE WE DID USE THE FRANCHISE. PLAY STEVE FRANCHISE.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:29 pm
1Rockets11 wrote:
How does Yao get only 12 shots while James gets 13? Does James understand that he is not the primary scoring option? If he doesn't start passing the ball, he is going to lose games for us. The team is completely forgetting about Yao right now. I know it's only one game, but everything is magnified when you lose. If Yao gets 12 shots and we win, I'm fine... if James starts jacking up shots and Yao doesn't get touches and we lose, it's a whole different story

What you mean only one game. It's been every game. we could be a very dominating team if Van Gundy was the coach. 52 wins with injury to Yao and Mcgrady.. Last year rockets needed a sparkling bench.. This Years rocket is just plain crazy...bringing in some help and taking Yao dominance out of the game.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:30 pm
Vlade could dribble a little bit and go from the FT line to the basket, Yao isn't capable of doing that which is another reason he shouldn't be there all game. Chuck Hayes is a bench player and he shouldn't be starting, Adelman should let Scola start so the team can get use to him and he can get use to playing in the NBA.

I can see why they never beat the Lakers when he was in Sac.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:35 pm
[quote="ant0328"][quote="Ping Ni"]U wanna know y we lost this game??? Yao is freakin 9 of 12 from the field for 21 while T-Mac went 12 of 30 shots from the field. Like wtf is going on. I like how T-Mac is being more aggressive this season but he do not need 30 some shots a game . 10 of those attempts should have been Yao's and he would have made a handful of those. 9 of 12 and yet they still they don't feed him.[/quote]

Reminiscent of Rudy T's offense.... Adelman needs to immediately commit more shots to Yao. There is no excuse for a max center to be taking less than 17-20 shots a game, period. This is especially true of a center like Yao who has a variety of scoring moves (although he really is at his best on the left block). I don't care about the new offense if Yao's game is going to be subverted like this. Getting Yao the ball and shots was not an issue under JVG, and it shouldn't be under Adelman.[/quote]

Ant software build process...

Agreed 100%. Mike James with more FG attempts than Yao is a mockery. Especially when James' field goal % is so low.

Damn guys, now that JVG is gone, did y'all forget that Yao is your highest % shooter and can easily beat the Dallas Center 1-on-1.

If this is Adelman's idea of free-flowing offense than someone needs to smack some of these guys around. Come on they aren't using their most lethal weapon which is Yao down low.
Even a 3 year old can tell you that! Instead of Tmac shooting his usual 2x more than Yao (which is okay most nights), but come on Mike James thinks he's Jordan or something.

I say if this continues they need to give Francis a chance, he's got to be better option still than Mike James. Francis has always been better than James and probably still is. At least he may give up some shots instead of trying to shoot everytime! When was James > Francis. Never has been, probably never will be.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:37 pm
yaozaroni wrote:
Vlade could dribble a little bit and go from the FT line to the basket, Yao isn't capable of doing that which is another reason he shouldn't be there all game. Chuck Hayes is a bench player and he shouldn't be starting, Adelman should let Scola start so the team can get use to him and he can get use to playing in the NBA.

I can see why they never beat the Lakers when he was in Sac.

NO shiet!!! Yao is god dame 7'6". That's what I've been trying to say.. We need Yao to be effective with his minutes...

This game was ours to take if the houston Rocket played through Yao Ming.. Yao would have broke the defense down and got them into foul trouble and scored at least 38+ points. and shot for 16 of 21and would have went to the free throw 10 times. If this offense was working for Yao he should atleast average 8-10 ft a game.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:38 pm
patrick008 wrote:
ant0328 wrote:
Ping Ni wrote:
U wanna know y we lost this game??? Yao is freakin 9 of 12 from the field for 21 while T-Mac went 12 of 30 shots from the field. Like wtf is going on. I like how T-Mac is being more aggressive this season but he do not need 30 some shots a game . 10 of those attempts should have been Yao's and he would have made a handful of those. 9 of 12 and yet they still they don't feed him.

Reminiscent of Rudy T's offense.... Adelman needs to immediately commit more shots to Yao. There is no excuse for a max center to be taking less than 17-20 shots a game, period. This is especially true of a center like Yao who has a variety of scoring moves (although he really is at his best on the left block). I don't care about the new offense if Yao's game is going to be subverted like this. Getting Yao the ball and shots was not an issue under JVG, and it shouldn't be under Adelman.

Ant software build process...

Agreed 100%. Mike James with more FG attempts than Yao is a mockery. Especially when James' field goal % is so low.

Damn guys, now that JVG is gone, did y'all forget that Yao is your highest % shooter and can easily beat the Dallas Center 1-on-1.

If this is Adelman's idea of free-flowing offense than someone needs to smack some of these guys around. Come on they aren't using their most lethal weapon which is Yao down low.
Even a 3 year old can tell you that! Instead of Tmac shooting his usual 2x more than Yao (which is okay most nights), but come on Mike James thinks he's Jordan or something.

I say if this continues they need to give Francis a chance, he's got to be better option still than Mike James. Francis has always been better than James and probably still is. At least he may give up some shots instead of trying to shoot everytime! When was James > Francis. Never has been, probably never will be.

Tmac was 12 of 31 shot.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 pm
Warranted it's still early in the season yet. And there is a possibility Mike James could get traded! (Let's hope / start a trade rumour).

Man, I sure hope there are adjustments made to the offense by Adelman. Cause if the gross-misue of Yao continues I don't think I could bear watching the results.

Now the tricky thing is Adelman has enough talent to have a good winning record. So if this continues they won't dismiss him, but at the same time the Rockets will not reach their full potential if he continues diminishing Yao's skills. That would be such a waste!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:45 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
mingman11 wrote:
NO shiet!!! Yao is god dame 7'6". That's what I've been trying to say.. We need Yao to be effective with his minutes...

This game was ours to take if the houston Rocket played through Yao Ming.. Yao would have broke the defense down and got them into foul trouble and scored at least 38+ points. and shot for 16 of 21and would have went to the free throw 10 times. If this offense was working for Yao he should atleast average 8-10 ft a game.

Mingman I'll give you credit, at least you were one of the guy on this board who didn't instantly hail Adelman as a god when he was appointed as rockets coach. I think a lot of people are finding out the hard way about that right now. However like I've said RA is the only person in a position to fix the problem.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:52 pm
User avatarPosts: 59324Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:53 pm
User avatarPosts: 7214Location: Austin, TX Home of the RoseBowl Champions and NCAA basketball champions.Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 am
DAMN SONOFAB!TCH MIKE JAMES!!!!!! THAT STUPID N!GGER COULDNT GET THE BALL TO YAO OR MCGRADY WITHOUT THEIR DEFENDERS GETTING A HAND ON IT!!

Seriously, he's fukking useless, but everyone thought he was the missing piece to a championship for some reason. Now reality has set in, and people are bitching. I love the fickleness I see on YMM out of some of the posters.

I can already see Van Gundy's defensive discipline fading. The switches aren't as fast if they come at all, nobody cares who's guarding who(Luis Scola stuck on Jason Terry!?!?!?), and the great funnelling of defenders toward Yao has been replaced by guys simply trying to say in front of their man. Jeff would have stuck Battier on JT as soon as he started getting hot late in the 4th, but Adelman elected to keep James on him and Terry destroyed us.

Anyway, great games from Yao and McGrady will get us through most games, but against a good team like Dallas they're going to need help.

Offline Profile