Author Message

<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game 1: Rockets @ LA Lakers October 30

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:54 pm
Posts: 609Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:40 pm
mingman11 wrote:
They should but Steve Francis back in the rotation.



I agree with that. Can SF really do worse than Alston? Hard to believe.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:56 pm
Posts: 10073Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:10 pm
Tang Man wrote:
Wow big shot Battier!!!!! Why didn't they get that ball to Yao on the inbounds play was beyond me.


you want yao to bring up the ball?

when you have 8 sec no time outs, you put the ball in tmac's hands every time. tmac draws the double, dump to battier for the 3, they've run that a million times last year. we're lucky he drained it

neither yao nor tmac looked integrated well into this offense. yao would peel off a pick and roll wide open and tmac would ignore him and dribble into a double team in mid court. and like 20 of yao's points were fadeaways and spins exactly the same as last year


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:58 pm
User avatarPosts: 57091Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:00 pm
Posts: 578Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:10 pm
yoda9999 wrote:
mingman11 wrote:
They should but Steve Francis back in the rotation.



I agree with that. Can SF really do worse than Alston? Hard to believe.


I think Francis is still out of the rotation because he is out of shape. Francis came into camp wanting to "play himself into shape" while Alston came in the best shape possible. Adelman obviously felt that Rafer was more committed and better prepared to start the season. Maybe by midseason, Francis will be starting... or he could turn into a drama queen. Hopefully, the former though.

I don't know why people hate Rafer so much from this game. He made a horrible pass at the end, but he hit a big 3 moments before that and knocked away Kobe's last second shot. I don't like Rafer that much either, but people really magnify everything he does here.

Also, can somebody teach Mike James to pass the ball more often. I know his initials are MJ, but he isn't the real one.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:01 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
The rockets were lucky to survive that one. Once again blowing a lead when they should have cruise home. As badly as he played all night, Rafer did 4 oustanding things in the 4th. He hit a crucial 3 that extended a 5 point lead to 8. He then made back to back passes to Yao to give the rockets a lead they should NEVER have surrender. While his TO in the last minute was costly I believe the play call from RA was the problem. He should have got the ball to Yao straight off the outbounds play and with not much time left the Lakers would've send him, the rockets best FT shooter to the free throw line. Instead for whatever reason he decided to get the ball to Rafer. Rafer was the ONLY player with the basketball smarts to get the ball to Yao in the low posts. If more of the rockets have the same level of recognition of the game, they would have never been in trouble in the first place. Ironically everyone's favorite son Mike James choke at the FT line while another player hated on, Battier hits the game winner. A lot for the rockets and some fans on this board to learn from.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:04 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
temuchin wrote:
you want yao to bring up the ball?

when you have 8 sec no time outs, you put the ball in tmac's hands every time. tmac draws the double, dump to battier for the 3, they've run that a million times last year. we're lucky he drained it

neither yao nor tmac looked integrated well into this offense. yao would peel off a pick and roll wide open and tmac would ignore him and dribble into a double team in mid court. and like 20 of yao's points were fadeaways and spins exactly the same as last year


Did you even KNOW what play I was refering to bro? Good god :roll: . :lol:


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:05 pm
Posts: 609Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:40 pm
This team gonna look ugly against the Jazz.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:07 pm
Posts: 578Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:10 pm
Tang Man wrote:
The rockets were lucky to survive that one. Once again blowing a lead when they should have cruise home. As badly as he played all night, Rafer did 4 oustanding things in the 4th. He hit a crucial 3 that extended a 5 point lead to 8. He then made back to back passes to Yao to give the rockets a lead they should NEVER have surrender. While his TO in the last minute was costly I believe the play call from RA was the problem. He should have got the ball to Yao straight off the outbounds play and with not much time left the Lakers would've send him, the rockets best FT shooter to the free throw line. Instead for whatever reason he decided to get the ball to Rafer. Rafer was the ONLY player with the basketball smarts to get the ball to Yao in the low posts. If more of the rockets have the same level of recognition of the game, they would have never been in trouble in the first place. Ironically everyone's favorite son Mike James choke at the FT line while another player hated on, Battier hits the game winner. A lot for the rockets and some fans on this board to learn from.


James is great coming off the bench for quick offense, but he is not even close to being a PG. He looks for his shots as the first, second, and third options. He does not have very good vision and isn't suited to run a team. However, his shooting and scoring abilities are a huge plus coming off the bench. Also, I remember his being a good FT shooter, what happened?


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:09 pm
User avatarPosts: 57091Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
MORE game photos........

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:11 pm
Posts: 8203Location: GuangxiJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:14 pm
rox have mavs and spurs back to back for 4th and 5th game.


Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Page 13 of 17
167 posts
Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum