<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Official Thread on Yao Ming's Summer Activities 2007

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:54 pm
User avatarPosts: 58874Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Sometimes you have to wonder where Yao Ming gets his energy?

After playing the Brisbane Bullets in Zhuhai last night, he flew immediately to Beijing, and showed up this morning at 09:30 am in the Reebok's national launch in China a tailored made Yao Ming promotional campaign: "Fuel Yao with Unlimited Power", a campaign to be officially launched in November this year thorughout 2008 for his fans to rave and support Yao Ming in his endeavor to lead China national team for a historical breakthrough in 2008 Olympics.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:56 pm
Posts: 890Location: Pasadena, USAJoined: Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:54 pm
At this rate, the guy's going to burn out.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:17 am
not just physically but mentally his going to breakdown at this rate

Rockets, sponsors, charities and the CNT

The CNT should give him next 2 yrs off playing for the national team as he needs rest

playing against IRan for asian championships mean nothing...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:18 am
Yao does not have as good stamina as players like Yi and TMac, and should take more rest instead of going to less important events before the next NBA season.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:24 am
User avatarPosts: 58874Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Photos at Q&A session, and some interactions with fans....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:32 am

Not sure whether these were done before or just now today in Beijing.

Anyway, just some cool commercial shots of Yao Ming sporting in his Reebok Yao T-shirt....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:39 am
wolfman wrote:

The CNT should give him next 2 yrs off playing for the national team as he needs rest

If you don't know sh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!t, don't open your mouth. :twisted:

First China is no longer sending their tier-one stars for lesser tournaments.

Second, tell me
HOW CBA/CNT can give Yao Ming next 2 years for rest? Can you do simple arithmatics? 2008 Olympics is only 11 months away.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:45 am
Sort of save me alot of my translation time...... :P

basically a summary of the Q&A of Big Yao with the press/media.

Quote:

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingne ... e_id=90621

Yao apologizes to Rockets for returning late
Cites Special Olympics commitments

Agence France-Presse
Last updated 03:44pm (Mla time)
09/25/2007

BEIJING -- NBA superstar Yao Ming apologized to the Houston Rockets on Tuesday, saying he would miss key pre-season training because of commitments to the Special Olympics in Shanghai.

Yao, 27, said he would return to the United States only after next week's launch of the October 2-11 Special Olympics in his home town.

"I expect to be back with the team around October 3," Yao told a press conference here. "I am very sorry that I will not be able to attend the start of training because of work related to the event in Shanghai."

The 7-foot-6 (2.29 meter) center said he is a keen supporter of the Special Olympics and is playing a prominent role in the build-up to the event for intellectually impaired athletes.

The Chinese star player is expected to miss the Rockets' October 1 media day and the first two days of team practice before appearing jet-lagged for the third practice on October 4.

Despite his apology, Yao will face automatic fines probably amounting to around $30,000.

But Yao is anticipating no friction with new coach Rick Adelman. He said the two had already had talks and he was expecting Adelman to bring changes to the Rockets' style of play.

"He probably has his own strategies and I think there will be more physical demands on me in the new strategy," said Yao. "But it is just a change of strategy and I don't think that the physical aspects will be a problem. So I think that I will find my position in the new situation."

While in China, Yao has played three exhibition games with the Chinese national team, winning two and losing one, and said the team was under great pressure heading towards next year's Beijing Olympic Games.

"Our goal in 2008 is to be in the top eight," he said. "We have a lot of pressure but it is impossible not to have pressure for the Olympics. In fact the pressure helps us address the challenges and is driving us on."

He said players like Yi Jianlian, who has signed a multi-year contract with the Milwaukee Bucks, will boost the national team's standards after exposure to the NBA.

"He has a long way to go, but after joining the Bucks he opened a new window for his career and his standards of play will rise and he will bring that extra ability to the national team," Yao said.

The Bucks drafted the 7-foot (2.13-meter) Asian star with the sixth pick in June's National Basketball Association Draft.

The Chinese team has been under attack in the media recently after a string of poor results in Yao's absence.

Earlier this month Yao launched a fierce defense of under-siege national coach Jonas Kazlauskas amid calls for his dismissal.

Kazlauskas was hired in 2005 to see China win a medal at the Beijing Olympics.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:51 am
pryuen wrote:
wolfman wrote:

If you don't know sh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!t, don't open your mouth. :twisted:

First China is no longer sending their tier-one stars for lesser tournaments.

Second, tell me
HOW CBA/CNT can give Yao Ming next 2 years for rest? Can you do simple arithmatics? 2008 Olympics is only 11 months away.

Yao is not one of your slaves in your factory give him a rest after the olmypics... he can play world championships so every 2 yrs...

you should be purged you corrupt monster..... the crackdown in shanghi with those corrupt govt politicians .... is an example for you pru

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:44 am
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
nomad_balla wrote:

what's your argument man? we both agree it was the wrong play, but you're just beating the dead horse.....you're asking a guy not to make a mistake...isn't that asking for too much....even yao make mistakes, even the best players make mistakes, again, you were comparing wang lei to guys like jordan, larry bird, and magic yesterday and saying what these guys would have done......way too much to expect from a guy like wang lei....

why single him out? if the chinese national team always made the correct plays, then wouldn't you think they'd be much better? wang shipeng had 6 TO's the last game, and the guy is starting, zhu fangyu and dufeng are known for ignoring the open guy when they shoot their 3's..... you have half a team who are basically selfish and play for themselves, you single a guy like wang lei out for costing the team a game in the future. the other 6-7 selfish guys has equally the chance of costing the team a game, especially the ones that are gonna end up handling the ball.

besides, you are making an assesment on a player based on one or two plays in which he made a mistake, that is totally unfair and biased on the player as a whole......this is not about player worshipping....CNT is filled with players that make the same mistakes as wang lei made, and some are never gonna change their ways,.... but i believe wang lei is one of the players that will get better and will play smarter than what he shown at the moment....

his stat line yesterday included, 15 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assist, 1 block, 2 steals and 3 TO's.... that was an all around game.... look at the bright side man.... there was way too much good in his performance yesterday for him to undo with a couple of mistakes

Is Wang Lei dead? Pass my regards onto his family then.

Seriously bro the horse that is Wang Lei is alive and kicking and will in the future cost CNT important games with his selfish play. That much I am certain of. For you is 1 or 2 plays. For me a I see a selfish player developing very bad habits. Habits that is going to be very hard to break. Just look at Shipeng. You ask yourself why does this guy keep on shoot off balance 3's with a guy in his face without even looking inside to open teammates first. Well it's probably a habit he developed from a young age. I now see that same selfish attitude in Wang Lei. I doubt that his selfishness was a one off but a habit that we will see again and again sooner rather than later.

No one is expecting the guy to be a superstar but just played with a bit of basketball IQ. I want to see CNT become the best they can be. Seeing Wang Lei blow a 3 on 1 fast break by being selfish does not inspire me with confidence. He is the type of player I have no doubt will get found out when he steps up to the next level because the opponents he will face will be bigger, stronger and more athletic and without any basketball IQ he will get chew up and spat out.

Offline Profile