<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  The Yao & Nash Charity Gala

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:27 pm
User avatarPosts: 58994Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Yao Ming in action......

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:29 pm
^^^She's really hot.

Here's some game gifs.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:44 pm
User avatarPosts: 58994Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Yi Jianlian and Sun Yue both played great to show they are ready for NBA actions.......

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:58 pm
User avatarPosts: 923Location: Asturias, Spain.Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:09 am
Is there any link to download the game?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:07 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
TheRoxRedGlare wrote:

You asked me a question, I answered it, now you want me to provide more info? Why don't you look it up yourself instead of asking me these asinine questions?

BTW Steve Nash does have annual charity basketball games in various cities in Canada.

http://classic.stevenash.org/

Well I am NOT the one carrying on like getting the best stars to a charity event is an every day event. Since you can't name me another other example, particularly outside of the US, just goes to prove my point and conversely DISPROVE your point that gathering of stars for a charity event is a difficult assignment. Remember IT was YOU who cooked up the fuss about who was there AND not suprisingly it's YOU who FAILED to prove that other charity events attract more stars.

FYI Magic was only player I think that was able to get the best players to attend his annual fund raising event. However travelling to LA is a lot different then going to China two weeks out from trainning camp.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:15 pm
Posts: 15Location: Indianapolis, INJoined: Sat May 05, 2007 9:30 pm
The game was good. It seems like the Americans took it as truly as an entertaining all-star game well the Chinese team (other than Yao) was very tense. Paul Davis ended up getting a lot of looks because he is th e only big man on the team. He missed his first eight shots but scored a lot later on in the game.

Sun Yue had some nasty dunks. Yi had some lobs thrown to him by Liu Wei. Liu Wei also assisted Yao in an alley-oop. The pass was initially from Steve Nash.

China's Wang Shipeng was raining from downtown as usual. Carmelo had some good plays and a couple dunks with a few treys.

The Chinese team outscored the Americans by double digits in the first half. However, when Steve Nash joined Yao's side and Sun Yue went to the NBA team in the third quarter, the score was catching up and they were eventually exchanging leads back and forth.

In the fourth quarter, it was the fan-voted lineups for Yao, Yi, Wang ZZ, Nash, Carmelo, Liu Wei and (Alando?) against Sun, Baron Davis, Paul Davis, Zhang, and Liu Xiaoyu. All of the rest of the players were mixed into both teams.

The quarter quickly turned into garbage time. Yao missed a dunk and the crowd laughed. Sun Yue on the other side did some nice dunks including a 360. Even China's 18-year old 6'2'' Liu Xiaoyu, who was at the Nike Camp for the last two years playing against Durant and OJ Mayo, joined in with a two hander and then dunked again on an alley-oop from Baron Davis.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:18 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
airchina23 wrote:
The game was good. It seems like the Americans took it as truly as an entertaining all-star game well the Chinese team (other than Yao) was very tense. Paul Davis ended up getting a lot of looks because he is th e only big man on the team. He missed his first eight shots but scored a lot later on in the game.

Sun Yue had some nasty dunks. Yi had some lobs thrown to him by Liu Wei. Liu Wei also assisted Yao in an alley-oop. The pass was initially from Steve Nash.

China's Wang Shipeng was raining from downtown as usual. Carmelo had some good plays and a couple dunks with a few treys.

The Chinese team outscored the Americans by double digits in the first half. However, when Steve Nash joined Yao's side and Sun Yue went to the NBA team in the third quarter, the score was catching up and they were eventually exchanging leads back and forth.

In the fourth quarter, it was the fan-voted lineups for Yao, Yi, Wang ZZ, Nash, Carmelo, Liu Wei and (Alando?) against Sun, Baron Davis, Paul Davis, Zhang, and Liu Xiaoyu. All of the rest of the players were mixed into both teams.

The quarter quickly turned into garbage time. Yao missed a dunk and the crowd laughed. Sun Yue on the other side did some nice dunks including a 360. Even China's 18-year old 6'2'' Liu Xiaoyu, who was at the Nike Camp for the last two years playing against Durant and OJ Mayo, joined in with a two hander and then dunked again on an alley-oop from Baron Davis.

Thanks for the informative summary of the game, which I was unfortunately unable to watch. Anyway good hear that Shipeng can hit a shots in a charity match. Not if only the guy can actually start playing half decent in a real match. Good to hear that Yi and Sun had good games.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:23 pm
Posts: 15Location: Indianapolis, INJoined: Sat May 05, 2007 9:30 pm
Quote:
Thanks for the informative summary of the game, which I was unfortunately unable to watch. Anyway good hear that Shipeng can hit a shots in a charity match. Not if only the guy can actually start playing half decent in a real match. Good to hear that Yi and Sun had good games.

No problem man, I tried my best to watch every play but it was impossible as you know I was at work and watching it on p2p tv. Good thing it's Friday and bosses don't come around....lol

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:33 pm
Again, does anyone have the box score for this game?

Sun and Yi really stood out in this game. Sun dished out some great assists and threw down a couple of nice dunks.

Yi continues to impress me. He's extremely agile and coordinated for a seven footer. In that respect he reminds me of Wang Zhizhi, though Yi's game is completely different. Plus. he's a much better rebounder and defender.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:37 pm
User avatarPosts: 4321Location: Harvard MedJoined: Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:48 pm
All I gotta say is that Sun Yue is a m*thaf*ckin pimp. OMG, he needs to teach our boy Yao some good taste in women...

:lol:

Offline Profile