<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  The Yao & Nash Charity Gala

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:12 am
User avatarPosts: 6559Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
TheRoxRedGlare wrote:
I am not going to knock this event because it is for a good cause, but just using agent Bill Duffy's players has cheated the fans in China. Maybe I would feel different if Oden didn't have surgery and could have played.

I don't know who that white player is (Paul Davis?)

Tucker? Scrub. Strawberry? Scrub. Amir Johnson? Scrub. Truth be told, even Chuck Hayes is not worthy.

I am not trying to piss anybody off, I am just venting because I believe China deserves better, but if it doesn't bother you, so be it.

it doesn't bother me at all.
nash is a 2 time mvp.
melo is argurably the best player on the u.s. national team.
davis led the warriors upsetting the reigning western champ.
it doesn't bother these superstars to play with "scrubs", why should the fans feel bothered? not to mention this is the first ever such event in chinese sports and charity history, what can you ask more?

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:23 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Some of the performers for the night....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:24 am
User avatarPosts: 6559Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
i watched part of the auction dinner, which raised 7mil RMB (nearly 900,000 dollars) for the children....yao lost a bidding war to the boss of Huiyuan (china's most famous juice), who has donated 460mil for 2 items.....yao did donate 250,000 RMB at the end to make it 7mil in total.....the mc's sucked, borderline disaster.....

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:34 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Yao Ming and Steve Nash at the auction..........

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:51 am

Some of the items that were auctioned.....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:20 am

The following 7 items were auctioned during the Charity Gala:

• 6 VIP tickets for the Charity Gala game on the 14th + 10 autographed jerseys from the Nash Invitational Team (including Yao Ming) + 12 basketballs autographed by the China national team: 300,000 RMB
  • 2 VIP tickets each for the October China Game in Shanghai and Macau + 2 autographed jerseys of Lebron James and Dwight Howard + 5-star hotel accommodation for 2 nights in Shanghai and Macau: 120,000 RMB (won by Song Tao, former centre of the China national team)
  • Autographed jerseys of Yao Ming and Steve Nash, 2 VIP tickets (with Les Alexander's signature/approval to be closest to the court) for Houston Rockets versus Phoenix Suns at Toyota Centre + 2 passes to the Rockets players' locker room + lunch with Yao Ming and Steve Nash: 1,000,000 RMB
  • An exclusive VISA platinum card with the imprint of Yao Ming and Steve Nash images on it; one and only one in the world. 450,000 RMB
  • An autographed jersey of soccer legend Pele + an autographed jersey of Michael Jordan in his 1996 championship campaign + autographed boxing glove of Muhammed Ali + autographed jersey of Tour de France Champion Lance Armstrong: 380,000 RMB
  • 2 VIP tickets for the opening ceremony of 2008 Olympics + 1 weeks' 5-star hotel accommodation in Beijing + 2 round-trip first class air tickets to Beijing from anywhere in the world: 3,600,000 RMB
  • The China Discovery Car that had travelled all over China: 650,000 RMB (won by Lu Hao, Yao Ming's China agent)
A total of 6.75 Million RMB was raised, which was 0.25M short of the original target.

Even though he was beaten for the VIP tickets for the opening ceremony of the 2008 Olympics, Yao Ming still generously committed to donate 250,000 RMB to make up the shortfall.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:54 am
User avatarPosts: 4061Location: Let The Good Times Roll!Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:34 pm
seiya wrote:
i watched part of the auction dinner, which raised 7mil RMB (nearly 900,000 dollars) for the children....yao lost a bidding war to the boss of Huiyuan (china's most famous juice), who has donated 460mil for 2 items.....yao did donate 250,000 RMB at the end to make it 7mil in total.....the mc's sucked, borderline disaster.....

Seiya,

Are you going to the game? How much are the tickets in US dollars?

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:26 pm
pryuen wrote:
[size=14]

[*]An exclusive VISA platinum card with the imprint of Yao Ming and Steve Nash images on it; one and only one in the world. 450,000 RMB

[*]An autographed jersey of soccer legend Pele + an autographed jersey of Michael Jordan in his 1996 championship campaign + autographed boxing glove of Muhammed Ali + autographed jersey of Tour de France Champion Lance Armstrong: 380,000 RMB

How the hell did a Visa credit card got higher bids than Pele, Jordan, Armstrong jerseys and Ali's glove?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:59 pm
ArcticMonkey2 wrote:
pryuen wrote:
[size=14]

[*]An exclusive VISA platinum card with the imprint of Yao Ming and Steve Nash images on it; one and only one in the world. 450,000 RMB

[*]An autographed jersey of soccer legend Pele + an autographed jersey of Michael Jordan in his 1996 championship campaign + autographed boxing glove of Muhammed Ali + autographed jersey of Tour de France Champion Lance Armstrong: 380,000 RMB

How the hell did a Visa credit card got higher bids than Pele, Jordan, Armstrong jerseys and Ali's glove?

most probably those celebrities aint true sports fans.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:05 pm
TheRoxRedGlare wrote:
seiya wrote:

Seiya,

Are you going to the game? How much are the tickets in US dollars?

i'm not in beijing so i'm not going. the price of the ticket is fr around 26 dollars to 640 dollars.

Offline Profile WWW