<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  When the Old Giant Meets the New Giant

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:14 pm
User avatarPosts: 55299Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:31 pm
thanks for posting. i dunno, this seems more like a PR stunt by the rockets than a workout. 40 minutes on the court. 30 minutes in the locker room. what type of workout is that?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:37 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
I hope Yao continues learning from the Dream through out the summer. Sometimes I think JVG's style doesn't give Yao a lot of freedom to play other than posting up. It's time to set him free so that he can utilize every bit of his skill on the floor.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:38 pm
Cokebabies wrote:
thanks for posting. i dunno, this seems more like a PR stunt by the rockets than a workout. 40 minutes on the court. 30 minutes in the locker room. what type of workout is that?

both workout is as important. the two chatted about 30min which is a good sign, if it lasted sooner, then maybe yao isnt listening. this short workout between the two will carry yao to years to come, which yao has to work on what he learned from this short workout. just like the chinese national team, they had other coach to teach them new stuff and the players supposed to carry on from there, but i dont think they did. they though if is over with the training now then it is over....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:59 pm
User avatarPosts: 2150Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:06 pm
Yao has all the fundamentals so he doesn't need some1 to hold his hand. I am sure Yao knows what's wrong with his game but doesn't have any1 to validate that- especially some1 with enomous credential like Hakeem. Hakeem basically validated his flaws today. I am sure Hakeem told him that 75% of his setbacks weren't physical but mental.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:09 pm
User avatarPosts: 14815Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
Yes, it's mostly mental. Still, it's good to have someone coach you through a mental check list. Hakeem will help Yao with the pressures and uncertainties.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:14 pm
come on lets be real. you dont learn squat and retain it in 40 minutes. yao used to train several hours a day, almost every day with thibs to improve his game.

70 minutes with dream is not going to make much of a difference at all. sure it is better than nothing but yao needs to spend the entire summer with dream if you want to see significant improvement.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:48 pm
User avatarPosts: 55299Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:51 pm
User avatarPosts: 2655Location: HoustonJoined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:48 pm
lol, the espn heading reads "former rocket olajuwon schools yao in practice." Yao admitted that he is mentally weak compared to Dream. Dream repeatedly drilled the word "dominate" to Yao's thick skull. Hopefully Yao can heed his advice, channel his frustration, and unleash his wrath by dominating WZZ and Bateer when he returns. Also, no more hanging out with Liu Wei, that soft muppet.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:59 pm

Offline Profile