<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Official Thread on Yao Ming's Summer Activities 2007

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 4:57 pm
Great job with this article. It's hard not to like Yao. He is a real class act and always tries to do his job as well as he can.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:02 pm
User avatarPosts: 58994Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
So how many of these players will still be on Rockets' roster next season ?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:35 pm
All of them other than Rafer. He's too expensive for a bench player, and thats what he is. Man I wish Jose Calderon was a free agent.

New coach should play more Kill Bill, Novak, Snyder. Need more options on the offensive.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:41 pm
Thanks Prier.

He did not mention his wedding this summer? Will put it off until next fall? So he is determined to get something done. Well, I was looking forward for an invitation this summer...

It will be a show next season. With TMac supporting JVG, and Yao bravely stated his own opinion. He has become of himself. And don't forget Bonzi.

Read JVG's lips, he is asking for a "buyout". He deserves it, and he deserves to leave on those terms.

I thought I had the whole picture, but it is nice to see the picture from Yao's eyes. He is an insider, isn't he?

How about to bring the old coach back? And get Francis back? (Don't piss on that idea. Francis is much more mature and well rested.) That will be some chemistry, and sellout Toyota center. And I will be a Rockets fan again.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:43 pm
User avatarPosts: 58994Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
One more of these articles before I go to the airport.....

An article from Zhang Yi of Sohu Sports, right after the Postseason Meeting May 7, covering remarks/comments from Yao Ming.

Quote:

http://sports.sohu.com/20070508/n249881740.shtml

Sohu Sports News

On US Houston local time May 7 noon (Beijing standard time May 8 before dawn), the Houston Rockets held its Postseason Meeting in the Toyota Centre to wrap up/summarize its 2006-07 season. Having finished (and eliminated from) the playoff journey, the Houston Rockets officially entered its off season.

Yao Ming attended a joint press conference in the Rockets News Media Hall. Regarding his heart-to-heart talk with the General Manager (Daryl Morey) and Jeff Van Gundy, Yao Ming responded in English: "We have not discussed too much about this past season; they just said something appreciative of the efforts we put into this season. Even though this season did not end well, after all, we have tried. I wish you all have a great summer."

Yao Ming denied talks about Jeff Van Gundy's future. He indicated: "All the members of the coaching staff had worked very diligently, putting in assiduous efforts to enable us to be the final champion. I like Jeff Van Gundy's coaching. This is also the first time in my professional career to be faced with this kind of situation. I did not know how should I phase it, but I really like his coaching very much. In the past 4 seasons, he has really contributed to my improvement and helped me in big way."

Regarding his training plan for the summer, Yao Ming expressed he had yet any concrete arrangement. But definitely he will work hard to enhance in every aspect of his game: rebounds, field goal percentage, as well as physical strength/stamina.

As regards to the team plan of the Houston Rockets for the new season, Yao Ming said: "We talked about this today....but it is not convenient for me to disclose it here."

Once again, the Yao-McGrady combo failed to advance further than Round 1 of the playoff, but Yao Ming firmly believed there are still so many things the duo could achieve together. Yao Ming affirmatively said to Sohu Sports: "Sure we can. We are not yet old."

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:20 pm
User avatarPosts: 2681Location: HoustonJoined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:48 pm
question, why is Wang Meng still allowed to report on Yao Ming? Isn't this guy a fraud for fabricating a story about Yao's strength-training based on a youtube clip? Does China have any code of ethics that journalists must follow or is the system lax? If a Houston Chronicle writers made up that story, he would surely be fired from his job. Are Chinese reporters less professional or is it just this guy? and how come nobody has called him out yet?? I don't trust what he writes, this douche is the only one reporting that Rick Adelman is next in line to be the Rockets coach. I think he makes stories straight out his a-s-s.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:59 pm
Interesting. Got to cast doubt on his credibility.

On the other hand, New York Post did not do any better, on a grand scale. As they cited "impeccable" source.

Wang is just a reporter from an organization, probably a tabloid newspaper, which I'v never heard of.

nig1 wrote:
question, why is Wang Meng still allowed to report on Yao Ming? Isn't this guy a fraud for fabricating a story about Yao's strength-training based on a youtube clip? Does China have any code of ethics that journalists must follow or is the system lax? If a Houston Chronicle writers made up that story, he would surely be fired from his job. Are Chinese reporters less professional or is it just this guy? and how come nobody has called him out yet?? I don't trust what he writes, this douche is the only one reporting that Rick Adelman is next in line to be the Rockets coach. I think he makes stories straight out his a-s-s.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:03 pm
In a way I'm glad vacation started early for Yao. There's no way they'll win the ring anyway.

Yao needs to work on his rebounding skills over the summer, that's the #1 thing he needs to improve on. No dominating C or PF have as low a reb avg as Yao.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:32 pm
Sometimes, the nickname T Rex comes to my mind when I think about Yao, when I don't actually see him play. Honestly, was not meant to be as same as Phil Jackson calling Suns "wippets".

But then, when you see his soft hands, passing skills, desires to win, you see something unique in his game. Something different. When you see his expression when he has a hard time to hear on the court, from either coach or referees, you wish that you'd have a chance to be one of his friends.

He apparently knows what he needs to do. I never doubted on his desire or his ability to get better.

GoYao wrote:
In a way I'm glad vacation started early for Yao. There's no way they'll win the ring anyway.

Yao needs to work on his rebounding skills over the summer, that's the #1 thing he needs to improve on. No dominating C or PF have as low a reb avg as Yao.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:17 pm
Thanks for all your work Pryuen. I enjoy this thread every summer.

Offline Profile