<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  1st Round of Playoffs - Game 6: Rockets @ Jazz

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:01 pm
I'm pissed.

When is game seven?

They had chances to win this game, but they (Yao and Tmac) choked when it mattered. The thing that killed them was one word :Turnovers. Who had the most turnovers? Mr. Yao himself.

Although Tmac may have less turnovers than Yao, he is by no means blameless. From what I see, most of Yao's turnovers were in the first half, when the game wasn't on the line, but T mac had two crucial TOs in the fourth quarter. One was where he drove and threw the ball to a ghost and out of bounds and another was when Kirelenko stripped him of the ball. This does not mean Yao is any less to blame. Yao's shooting was, for the most part, a piece of crap and why does he shoot that FFFFFFFFUKKKKKKKKING fadeaway so often?
Why the FFFFFFFFFUUUKKKKKKK did I see Yao shoot that FFUKKKING fadeaway over Boozer when there was no double team and only Boozer to beat? In short, Yao played just like his critics say, a SOFTIE.
After five years in the NBA, Mr. Yao still haven't learned the lesson that when you're guarded by someone like Boozer whose way shorter and weaker than you, You should have one mode of attack only. That is to back that FUKKKKER down and rape his AZZ with a dunk on his face. Or at least force him to foul.

Yao didn't do this. Why? Because the reality is all stereotypes have a grain of truth. Yao has a tendency to play soft.

And Juwan Howard's missed layup on a fast break in the fourth quarter when Houston was building momentumn was a killer too. That mis-play shifted the momentumn of the game.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:01 pm
Utah's X-factor (AK) beat ROX's X-factor (Shane). Game 7 will be war of the wars!

Let's shutdown for the night and get reloaded for that game!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:05 pm
User avatarPosts: 1537Location: AZJoined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:54 am
It's simple science guys..really.. The air in Utah is 6100 feet above sea level which exhausts the players that are not accustomed to playing in this environment. We will win next game !!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:10 pm
So far in the playoffs, one thing has become clear. Yao is NOT a dominant player. He is a very good player, and the best pure center in the game today, but NOT dominant. He is and will always be a finesse/skill player. It's not a bad thing, it's just a very sad realization. Game 7 rides on TMac because Yao will contribute his 25/10/4-6TO's. When TMac said it's on him, he was right because Yao does not have the desire nor attitude to dominate. I'm not ripping Yao, I love the guy but I understand why so many people think he is soft and weak. It's because he plays that way. Also, Yao has played very sub-par defense this series. That's it for me, onto game 7 now and I hope Yao surprise me.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:15 pm
User avatarPosts: 59324Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:25 pm
User avatarPosts: 59324Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Tracy McGrady and the other Rockets...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:27 pm
Utah series exposed Yao's weaknesses. He can't guard shorter and stronger players like Booser. You never feel that opposing players can't score inside and Yao can get most rebounds when missed. On offense, he can't beat the defense in high efficiency when the defense plays tough and has an agile player helping from weak side (ie. AK47). He will get his 25/10/1.5 but dominance is not the word to describe him. For this series, I can only say he is a better version of Rik Smits, kind of like a level between Smits and Ewing (maybe lean more toward Ewing side).

On the other hand, I don't think Okur can guard Yao one-on-one. Yao has to worry about AK47 all the time and can't go to the right position all the time because of AK47. If there is no AK47, I think he will score 7 out of 10 times against Okur. If Rockets can get to the next level and Warriors can get to the next one too, I'd like to see who can play the role of AK47 and Okur. Well, it's too early to say. I hope Yao can surprise me the next game too. Rockets needs more balanced attack in order to win the next game. Just TMac and Yao isn't enough.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:27 pm
User avatarPosts: 4321Location: Harvard MedJoined: Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:48 pm
well ain't that a b*tch?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:48 pm
maverickasian wrote:
It's simple science guys..really.. The air in Utah is 6100 feet above sea level which exhausts the players that are not accustomed to playing in this environment. We will win next game !!!

I like your alibi, I will buy it!!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:55 pm
User avatarPosts: 3746Location: NJJoined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:05 pm
The big problem is that our assists were low, and we couldn't hit our 3s. If Battier had hit his 3s today, we might have won.

Oh yeah, Luther Head also sucks, and Van Dumby needs to find a way to play other people than TMac and Yao who are no doubt exhausted by now.

Offline Profile