Author Message

<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game 81: Phoenix Suns @ Houston Rockets 4/16/2007

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:50 pm
User avatarPosts: 58815Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Tracy McGrady in one of his best games of this season !!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:54 pm
User avatarPosts: 4061Location: Let The Good Times Roll!Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:34 pm
.......................Suns vs Rox Game Highlight Video


.......................Image

...................Player of the Game: Tracy McGrady

...................................39 pts, 11 Rebs, 9 Asst.


Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Posts: 17195Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:31 pm
Image


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:54 pm
User avatarPosts: 4061Location: Let The Good Times Roll!Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:34 pm
Image http://blogs.chron.com/nba/2007/04/rock ... _on_1.html


April 17, 2007

Rockets 120, Suns 117: Bring on the playoffs with a fitting tribute to CD

This is what the Rockets have spent all these months searching for.

It was one game, sure, a regular-season game at that. It was far from perfect, with the Suns shooting better than any team has against the Rockets all season and with another late lead, 10 points with 2:14 left, nearly slipping away in a terrible and interminable two minutes.

But there was a feeling that seemed different, better. It felt like the playoffs, and there seemed a hunger and determination that felt right.

Tracy McGrady attacked the first half as he had not in Phoenix, punishing the Suns for the defensive attention paid to Yao Ming. And when the Suns had to abandon some of that to help on McGrady, Yao was tougher and stronger at fighting the fronting defenses for position and snaring the entry passes to him.

It was telling that against the league's fastest team, Yao willed himself to the finish, playing 38


Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:19 pm
User avatarPosts: 4061Location: Let The Good Times Roll!Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:34 pm
Rocket Power Dancers


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:08 am
User avatarPosts: 7210Location: Austin, TX Home of the RoseBowl Champions and NCAA basketball champions.Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 am
TheRoxRedGlare wrote:
tharock220 wrote:
Yes, no more Carroll Dawson. That means the end of retarded draft day trades.


Come on, now - you know as well as I do that Rudy T was calling all of the shots! We can only judge CD's performance as a GM once Rudy was canned as Head Coach.

Gone

Steve Francis
Cat Mobley
Moochie Norris
Kelvin Cato
Maurice Taylor
Jim Jackson
Boki Nachbar
Glen Rice
(That's all I can think of right now!)

Here now:

Mac
Luther
Yao (CD was the only person in Rox management committed to drafting him)
Shane Battier
Juwan Howard
Deke Mutombo
Vassilis Spanoulis
Steve Novak

Screwed Up:

Bonzi Wells
Rafer Alson
(Allowing JVG to sign ex-Knicks over the hill scrubs - Mark Jackson, Charles Oakley, Rod Strickland, Charlie Ward, and Clarence Weatherspoon).


I would have preferred it if Rudy Gay were wearing a Houston Rockets uniform today instead of Shane Battier.

Edit: I'd love to be wrong here.


Last edited by tharock220 on Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:33 pm
User avatarPosts: 4156Location: Welcome to Ca|i Ca|i!!!!!!!Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:22 pm
what a surprised win.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:52 pm
User avatarPosts: 58815Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
tharock220 wrote:

I would have preferred it if Rudy Gay were wearing a Houston Rockets uniform today instead of Shane Battier.


TSSSSSSSSK, then the Rockets will not be achieving its current 52W/29L season, with Yao Ming missing 33 games and Tracy McGrady missing 10 games. People are just conveniently ignoring/overlooking the unsung heroics, hustle, stability, consistency, tenacity, never-say-die-spirit, hard-nose defense, stable offense (particularly his 3-pointers) that Shane Battier has brought to this team.

Take a look at where the Memphis Grizzlies is in Western Conference with Rudy Gay and Stromile Swift?
ROCK BOTTOM !!! :roll:


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:08 pm
User avatarPosts: 7210Location: Austin, TX Home of the RoseBowl Champions and NCAA basketball champions.Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 am
pryuen wrote:
tharock220 wrote:

I would have preferred it if Rudy Gay were wearing a Houston Rockets uniform today instead of Shane Battier.


TSSSSSSSSK, then the Rockets will not be achieving its current 52W/29L season, with Yao Ming missing 33 games and Tracy McGrady missing 10 games. People are just conveniently ignoring/overlooking the unsung heroics, hustle, stability, consistency, tenacity, never-say-die-spirit, hard-nose defense, stable offense (particularly his 3-pointers) that Shane Battier has brought to this team.

Take a look at where the Memphis Grizzlies is in Western Conference with Rudy Gay and Stromile Swift?
ROCK BOTTOM !!! :roll:


Pry, I hate to sound like a jerk, but you've been following basketball for what 5 years now??? Do you really think the Rockets are going to win a championship this year?? I'll give you a hint to the answer. It rhymes with go.

How much better can the Rockets get??? T-Mac isn't going to get much better, Yao isn't giong to get much better, Battier isn't giong to get any better. Is Rafer going to all the sudden learn how to hit jumpers next year or is Luther going to magically learn how to be a pg??? Rudy Gay has upside. He can get better and possibly be a 3rd star in a couple years. Instead we're stuck with the modern day Rick Fox to Yao and Tracy's Shaq and Kobe. Only there's no Fisher, Horry, or Brian Shaw.

T-Mac lead the Rockets to 20-12 without Yao. With Gay and Stro instead of Battier they might lose 1-2 more games. They'd still be going to the playoffs with Rudy Gay and his upside with actual championship hopes down the road with the possibility of winning 2-3. Now, the Rockets are going to have to be luckier than is usually necessary to win a title. Rudy Gay could suck and the Rockets be worse than with Battier, but I'd take the chance to be horrible OR a real contender than being a longshot for a few years.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:49 am
Posts: 1021Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:01 pm
tharock220 wrote:
pryuen wrote:
tharock220 wrote:

I would have preferred it if Rudy Gay were wearing a Houston Rockets uniform today instead of Shane Battier.


TSSSSSSSSK, then the Rockets will not be achieving its current 52W/29L season, with Yao Ming missing 33 games and Tracy McGrady missing 10 games. People are just conveniently ignoring/overlooking the unsung heroics, hustle, stability, consistency, tenacity, never-say-die-spirit, hard-nose defense, stable offense (particularly his 3-pointers) that Shane Battier has brought to this team.

Take a look at where the Memphis Grizzlies is in Western Conference with Rudy Gay and Stromile Swift?
ROCK BOTTOM !!! :roll:


Pry, I hate to sound like a jerk, but you've been following basketball for what 5 years now??? Do you really think the Rockets are going to win a championship this year?? I'll give you a hint to the answer. It rhymes with go.

How much better can the Rockets get??? T-Mac isn't going to get much better, Yao isn't giong to get much better, Battier isn't giong to get any better. Is Rafer going to all the sudden learn how to hit jumpers next year or is Luther going to magically learn how to be a pg??? Rudy Gay has upside. He can get better and possibly be a 3rd star in a couple years. Instead we're stuck with the modern day Rick Fox to Yao and Tracy's Shaq and Kobe. Only there's no Fisher, Horry, or Brian Shaw.

T-Mac lead the Rockets to 20-12 without Yao. With Gay and Stro instead of Battier they might lose 1-2 more games. They'd still be going to the playoffs with Rudy Gay and his upside with actual championship hopes down the road with the possibility of winning 2-3. Now, the Rockets are going to have to be luckier than is usually necessary to win a title. Rudy Gay could suck and the Rockets be worse than with Battier, but I'd take the chance to be horrible OR a real contender than being a longshot for a few years.


Wow. This might be one of the only things we disagree on! Normally we agree on everything. My argument against Gay has nothing to do with his upside, which is ridiculous. My argument is that he wouldn't fit well with this team. JVG demands proper defense, something Battier can do and Gay can't, not yet. I'm not saying he won't be a great defender one day, but he isn't right now. It usually takes rookies a few years to get D down. Plus, he doesn't yet have the intangibles that Battier does, and doesn't have anywhere near the hustle. FInally, his game is best found in an up and down wide open Phoenix style game, not a half court grind it out game. I feel like his talent would be wasted in Houston, since what we really need are spot up shooters who can play D. Sure slashers help some, not trying to take away from them.

Also I think Battier has untold positive effects on chemistry and team unity that Gay would not have.

Gay is going to be great, no doubt, but the timing is just all wrong for him to have been with us in Houston.

Now Brandon Roy on the other hand.... That is a rookie we could really use...


Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Page 14 of 15
144 posts
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum