<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game 80 - NOK Hornets @ Rox 4/14/07

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:11 pm
User avatarPosts: 4061Location: Let The Good Times Roll!Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:34 pm
WiseYao wrote:
Finally the Rockets offense is put together.

Head gets more time playing shooting guard, Juan Howard's catch and shoot is pretty good too. Rafer Alston is amazing with his pass, something refreshing.

With less burden to do the shooting by TMac, he is mostly effective. 11/18, that is very good for him.

Wonder why this was not done much earlier; Rockets would have had 60 wins this season, averaging 100 points per game, and 35 sellouts, and a happy Bonzi too. :)

Marc Jackson 3 rebounds, Yao 2 rebounds - lots of long shots tonight.

5'10" Chris Paul had 8 rebounds and 15 assist. No PG should have more rebounds than a Center unless that PG is Magic Johnson.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:11 pm
WiseYao wrote:

Head gets more time playing shooting guard, Juan Howard's catch and shoot is pretty good too. Rafer Alston is amazing with his pass, something refreshing.

With less burden to do the shooting by TMac, he is mostly effective. 11/18, that is very good for him.

Wonder why this was not done much earlier; Rockets would have had 60 wins this season, averaging 100 points per game, and 35 sellouts, and a happy Bonzi too. :)

Uh, I think some of it has to do with the fact that NO is an awful defensive team. And aas for doing it earlier in the season, wasn't there a stretch of nearly 8 games where we AVERAGED 100+ points? Our offense is certainly not horrible, we are right in the middle of the pack in the NBA.

Plus, scoring 100+ doesn't guaranty you anything. Look at Golden State, they average damn near 100 a game, and they are terrible! It is about point differential. How much do you outscore your opponent. That is the stat to watch. And on that we are sitting pretty at number 5 in the NBA.

More importantly, we are on a 4 game winning streak and Utah is losing by 25. We'll go up 2 games if they lose. Got to love how things are going right now.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:12 pm
TheRoxRedGlare wrote:
WiseYao wrote:

5'10" Chris Paul had 8 rebounds and 15 assist. No PG should have more rebounds than a Center unless that PG is Magic Johnson.

Yeah that's embarrassing no matter what the excuse. Period.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:13 pm
Yao has never been a great rebounder and never will be. He doesn't have the feel, athleticism, or stamina to consistently go after balls. He get the boards that come to him. That's why we have Hayes. On a side note, Rafer has been shooting much better the last couple of games. Hopefully he will keep this up.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:21 pm
TheRoxRedGlare wrote:
Ping Ni wrote:
GAME OVER !!!!!!!!!1 WE WIN. YAO WITH 30PTS.

JVG is going to rip Yao a new "A-Hole" for only getting 2 rebounds for the whole game!
Your right about that! I was so busy watching him score I did not realize his rebounding was so low. Oh well great 1-2 by Tracy and Yao and great contributions by the rest of the Rockets team to pull out this win.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:21 pm
User avatarPosts: 4061Location: Let The Good Times Roll!Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:34 pm
....................................JVG Postgame Press Conference

.....................Image

Last edited by TheRoxRedGlare on Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:57 pm
User avatarPosts: 653Location: philadelphiaJoined: Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:24 pm
i am not too worry about the rebounding by yao this game.. both ends barely missed a shot as they both shoot >50% which leads to a low rebounding game.. what i am concern about is the fact that without hornets' starters due to injuries.. they were still able to score 113 on us? what happened to our proud defense???

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:26 pm
jl326 wrote:
i am not too worry about the rebounding by yao this game.. both ends barely missed a shot as they both shoot >50% which leads to a low rebounding game.. what i am concern about is the fact that without hornets' starters due to injuries.. they were still able to score 113 on us? what happened to our proud defense???
Our defense was very poor. I got the impression from listening to JVG that Yao should not have focused so much attention on Chris Paul when Mark Jackson was shooting so well. I could not understand why Mark Jackson was not being guarded more closely myself. JVG stated that the Rockets performed poorly on defense both indavidually and as a group.

Last edited by hoopfan on Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:36 pm
Yao's rebounding was real bad in this game, and the high shooting percentages by both teams isn't enough to explain it.

He hasn't been a great rebounder in his career, although he was pretty damn good last season. But he's not a bad rebounder either, and grabs a higher percentage of missed shots than most big men in the league on most nights.

Tonight was an anomaly. It's nothing to worry about.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:40 pm

Offline Profile WWW