<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game 80 - NOK Hornets @ Rox 4/14/07

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:55 pm
yoda9999 wrote:
What does PHX care if they have #2 or #3 seed?? They going to the WC finals no matter who they play :lol:

If both Suns and Spurs, current 2 & 3 seats holders and competitors, get into the second round, they will meet each other. And the second round home court advantage is determined by their regular season records which also determine their current #2 or #3 seedings.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:21 pm
User avatarPosts: 4061Location: Let The Good Times Roll!Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:34 pm
yoda9999 wrote:
What does PHX care if they have #2 or #3 seed?? They going to the WC finals no matter who they play :lol:

My bad - I meant if Utah beat PHX, Portland, and the Rox.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:37 pm
User avatarPosts: 4061Location: Let The Good Times Roll!Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:34 pm
Raymond posted these pics in the Yao's Teammates forum, but not too many posters are viewing that forum. So I will post them here for all to enjoy. Ye Li looks HOT! :P :shock: :P

pryuen wrote:

Dikembe Mutombo threw a charity dinner gala on April 13 (US time) celebrating the completion and inauguration of his Biamba Marie Mutombo Hospital and Research Center (which will be officially open this July), named after his late mother, in Kinshasha, the capital of his African homeland, Republic of Congo.

Alot of his friends and team mates joined him in the party, including Yao Ming, who took his steady girl friend Ye Li along.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:43 pm
Tonight is a big game for rockets! I was very disappointed that Rox lost that game again Utah which could seize the home court advantage. After that however, Utah strangely lost 4 games straight. Now Rox is ahead. I noticed a new change: now Tmac is the main guy to go to in the early minutes instead of Yao. Lots of games went through Tmac first. When he is off, then Yao started to post more. In that way, opponent seemed not to pay too much attention to yao by double teaming him or fronting him, instead, they were focus on slowing down Tmac. About 8 mins in the game, Yao started to post up and get a lot of easy shots. I like that change. The addition of Yao and Tmac have never been one and one punch so far. They seem to play in separate sync and style. They have not reach Shaq and Kobe combination power. If so, the sky is the limit. New Orleans is the weakest team that ROx has to face, Rox should take this one.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:45 pm
Thanks pryuen! I knew this party but could not find any pics. I was going to ask you if you had any. Now you post it! Yao and Ye look hot.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:51 pm
User avatarPosts: 59324Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Photos of Yao Ming at team practice at Toyota Centre in preparation for the game versus New Orleans Hornets.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:58 pm
User avatarPosts: 59324Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

The other Rockets at the team practice........

and the rare sight of Patrick Ewing there too.......

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:41 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
zekezeng wrote:
bayern wrote:
who is chasing who here? At this point, I believe the Rockets are a game ahead. If they think they are good enough, then they shouldn't count on others but themselves. After all, control your own destiny. If they want help, then it only means they don't even have the confidence to win the rest of their games. In other words, might as well fold now and lose to the Jazz in the playoffs.

It would be great to get some help. At least it doesn't hurt to have somebody to beat Utah for a game or two.

Most of championship teams get lucky at some point. Put it this way: It's better to be lucky than being good.

Rockets are not superior yet. They will need a LOT of luck and help to advance.

So there is nothing wrong to hope for some help, not at all.

Sure it doesn't hurt to get some help. But I also understand the Mavs didn't play some of their key players too at this time of the season. There is no point to go all out in order to risk injury for their key players.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:45 pm
User avatarPosts: 10633Location: PhillyJoined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:03 am
Where is mms link??!! :x :cry:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:46 pm
Ye Li looks great! Go Yao!

These are big games for the us. Good luck Yao fans!

Offline Profile