<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game #77 Rockets @ Sacramento Kings 4/8/2007

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:59 pm
User avatarPosts: 58034Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady showed up in the last team practice on morning of April 7 before the team left for Sacramento.

http://sports.sohu.com/20070408/n249278547.shtml

Both TMAC and Yao Ming did not do much in the team practice. TMAC just had some discussion with the team on the game plan/strategies, while Big Yao just did some stretching exercises to relax his muscles.

Big Yao said he is feeling much better about his back/waist after a full day's rest. He said he will strive to return to play in Sacramento.

He lamented about the team's recent losses on home court, and said
what's important is not skills or game plan/strategies. It is about attitude, which is lacking in the team.

He also said his thinking about whether it is more important to be healthy than playing the remaining 6 games of the season had also changed. "If you asked me that question yesterday, I'll say health is more important, because I was really feeling painful on my back yesterday. But I'm feeling much better now. I now worry if I continue to skip playing, I'll lose my feeling and condition about playing. I'll strive to return to play as soon as possible."

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:08 pm
User avatarPosts: 58034Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

The other Rockets at the team practice.......

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:15 pm
User avatarPosts: 10633Location: PhillyJoined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:03 am
Forget bout homecourt now, this is not looking good for the Rox to go to the playoffs./

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:46 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
actually, the 4th seed is still for grab. I don't think both teams have what it takes to grab it. I mean look the Jazz, they lost to the Sonics at home tonight after leading 22 points to start the 4th quarter.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:54 pm
User avatarPosts: 4061Location: Let The Good Times Roll!Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:34 pm
bayern wrote:
actually, the 4th seed is still for grab. I don't think both teams have what it takes to grab it. I mean look the Jazz, they lost to the Sonics at home tonight after leading 22 points to start the 4th quarter.

Jazz have actually clinched the 4th seed - now homecourt advantage is based on which team has the best regular season record. But it does appear that both teams are not really concerned with it as much as the fans are. I certainly think it would be advantageous for the Rox to have homecourt advantage, especially if the series went to a 7th game.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:54 pm
TheRoxRedGlare wrote:

Jazz have actually clinched the 4th seed - now homecourt advantage is based on which team has the best regular season record. But it does appear that both teams are not really concerned with it as much as the fans are. I certainly think it would be advantageous for the Rox to have homecourt advantage, especially if the series went to a 7th game.

The Utah Jazz has NOT ALREADY clinched the 4th spot. :roll:

They lost to Supersonics tonight....a losing streak of 3. They have 6 games to go, palying against Golden State Warriors and Denver Nuggets, who are fighting for a playoff spot, Dallas Mavericks and Phoenix Suns who are better than them, then Portland Trailblazers, and then us. They could lose 2 to 3 more if their current slump continues.

The Rockets are only 1 game behind, and had 6 games to play, with relatively easier opponents, except maybe Phoenix Suns. We play Utah Jazz in the last game of the regular season. The Rockets might lose the game versus Phoenix Suns, but if they win every of the other 4 games, and beat Utah Jazz on their home court, then maybe they could end up with better W/L ratio than Utah Jazz.

And after JVG d@$$ed his superstars for lack of heart, intensity and attitude, and did not realize the importance of homecourt advantage, TMAC and Yao Ming have responded saying they might be ready to return to compete in Sacramento.

So NO.....the chase for the home court advange is YET to be OVER.

Last edited by pryuen on Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:29 am
User avatarPosts: 4061Location: Let The Good Times Roll!Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:34 pm
pryuen wrote:
TheRoxRedGlare wrote:

The Utah Jazz has NOT ALREADY clinched the 4th spot. :roll:

They lost to Supersonics tonight....a losing streak of 3. They have 6 games to go, palying against Golden State Warriors and Denver Nuggets, who are fighting for a playoff spot, Dallas Mavericks and Phoenix Suns who are better than them, then Portland Trailblazers, and then us. They could lose 2 to 3 more if their current slump continues.

The Rockets are only 1 game behind, and had 7 games to play, with relatively easier opponents, except maybe Phoenix Suns. We play Utah Jazz in the last game of the regular season. The Rockets might lose the game versus Phoenix Suns, but if they win every of the other 5 games, and beat Utah Jazz on their home court, then maybe they could end up with better W/L ratio than Utah Jazz.

And after JVG d@$$ed his superstars for lack of heart, intensity and attitude, and did not realize the importance of homecourt advantage, TMAC and Yao Ming have responded saying they might be ready to return to compete in Sacramento.

So NO.....the chase for the home court advange is YET to be OVER.

Raymond, I am well versed in the new playoff structure. The NBA allows only 1 non-division winner to have a 2 - 4 seeding depending on their record with a division winner. That team is the San Antonio Spurs, who can still catch Phoenix for the # 2 seed in the Western Conference. All Division winners are guaranteed a Top 4 seeding depending on their overall record. So this is the current seedings in the West:

http://www.nba.com/standings/team_recor ... d_Cnf.html

1. Dallas - SW Division Winner
2. Phoenix - Pacific Division Winner
3. San Antonio - Better record than the 4th seed - new rule
4. Utah - NW Division Winner
5. Houston
6. Denver
7. L.A. Lakers
8. L.A. Clipper

When the final seedings are determined, the team with the best regular season record is awarded homecourt advantage. The only teams that are still fighting for homecourt advantage in the 1st round is Utah and Houston. If Houston is still 1 game behind Utah when they face each other for the final regular season game and Houston wins the game, Utah will still get homecourt advantage. The league determines that the tiebreaker will first be determined by head to head matchups. They both would still be tied since they both beat each other 2 times this season. The next tie-breaker method will be best conference record, which Utah has a much better conference record at 29 - 17 and Houston is 23 - 23 and can not surpass Utah. Utah will then have an extra game at home if the series goes to 7 games.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:00 am
TheRoxRedGlare wrote:

When the final seedings are determined, the team with the best regular season record is awarded homecourt advantage. The only teams that are still fighting for homecourt advantage in the 1st round is Utah and Houston. If Houston is still 1 game behind Utah when they face each other for the final regular season game and Houston wins the game, Utah will still get homecourt advantage. The league determines that the tiebreaker will first be determined by head to head matchups. They both would still be tied since they both beat each other 2 times this season. The next tie-breaker method will be best conference record, which Utah has a much better conference record at 29 - 17 and Houston is 23 - 23 and can not surpass Utah. Utah will then have an extra game at home if the series goes to 7 games.

Okay....I might be WRONG to say Utah Jazz has NOT ALREADY grabbed the 4th seed, as they will automatically qualify as 4th seed as they are champion in their division.

What I meant to say, the chase for the home court advantage is NOT YET OVER, because, the Houston Rockets might still have a chance to beat Utah Jazz for an overall BETTER W/L ratio , if Utah Jazz loses 2 to 3 more, which is possible, given they have a tougher schedule, and the Rockets keeps winning most of the remaining fixtures (maybe lose the one against Phoenix Suns), but beat Utah Jazz on their home court in the last game of the regular season, given both Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady will return to compete in the remaining 6 games of the regular season.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:00 am
Posts: 259Location: CanberraJoined: Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:51 pm
I agree with what pryuen said, we need to have more FAITH!

Rockets will eventually take the home court advantage and get out of the 1st round, and from there, we'll see how we go!

Let us all Believe.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:44 am
User avatarPosts: 10633Location: PhillyJoined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:03 am
They need to finish this with momentum to begin the playoffs. Show some fire in the first round.

Offline Profile