<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game 71 versus Bucks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:39 pm
Jake is a rebounding machine if compares to Yao. :shock:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:43 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
yao is slow and lack of explosiveness. I mean he is over 300 lbs, but other players can still push him around in the paint. Now since he is slow, he is prone to a lot of things, such as lack of rebounding, getting foul trouble as well as turnovers. The only positive thing I see from him is that he has that soft touch for a big man, especially for someone who is 7'6.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:43 pm
User avatarPosts: 4061Location: Let The Good Times Roll!Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:34 pm
tintin wrote:

Yao is setting a bad example for Big Jake - he needs to dunk the ball when he is close to the basket instead of missing layups!

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:44 pm
Rockets decided to run.
Yao got a lot of perimeter defense assignments. If EWing were there, he would yell, "keep your butt in the paint."
In this game, sometimes the paint becomes so empty. Used to be packed in the paint.

A different way of playing now. It works the best if they can keep running, keeping posting up. And Yao reserves some energy for jumpers.

BTW, Nuggets played another Nuggets game. Too laid back, not that I dislike it. Sometimes on the verge of playing fire. If you know waht I mean. You will that epic steal in the recap.

TheRoxRedGlare wrote:
JimRaynor55 wrote:
Man, I hate these crap shooting games from Yao. I'm the last one to jump to conclusions, and I try to defend Yao when people say "Yao's in a slump" or "he's soft" based on a small sample size of 1 or 2 bad games. But I won't lie, it pisses me off when this happens.

At least the Rockets have a good lead.

He can't even jump to grab a rebound. Mac has to go over to the paint and get the rebounds for him!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:46 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
tintin wrote:

If Yao can't jump as well as being slow, what do you expect from him as far as rebounding goes.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:49 pm
yyao made one ...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:50 pm
User avatarPosts: 4061Location: Let The Good Times Roll!Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:34 pm
Rox win 106 - 87.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:51 pm
One more game like this from YAO, and I am resigning from this forum. :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:07 pm
User avatarPosts: 653Location: philadelphiaJoined: Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:24 pm
yes.. i agree regarding the slowness and lack of jumping ability of Yao.. but they don't relate to yao's rebounding as much as it seems.. Yao doesn't rebound much because he boxes out all the opponents inside the paint.. and that is a big reason why the Rox is one of the best rebounding team in the league.. if u put Swift in the 5 we will get rape in rebounds guarantee.. regardless if swift can touch the sky.. i hope Yao shoots out of his shooting slump tho.. he hasn't shoot too good in the past 2 games..

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:18 pm
User avatarPosts: 58984Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Photos at pre-game team shoot-out practice.........

Uncle Mutombo came to rave and support his team mates.

Offline Profile