<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game # 70: Rockets vs. Hornets

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:47 pm
WiseYao wrote:
Quote:
1. Where is JVG's contract extension?

1. It isn't the proper time for a contract extension. I don't think that matters that much. Plus he has already been extended once and the Rox are better than they have been in the past ten years. Why would they let him go in the midst of their best season in a decade????

Quote:
2. What did Bill Waton say about JVG?

2. Please, please, please don't ever quote Bill Walton in this forum again. Anyone with HALF a brain knows that he is a crackpot. He is a washed up old hippie with nothing left upstairs. This is the same guy who said that Alston got called for a "reach-around" foul on national television, if that tells you anything. He is a moron.

Quote:
3. Oh yes, you can say that JVG has no talent on this team, and he still makes the playoff, and almost homecourt advantage. And would be the first on the east.

3. I don't think you said anything there. Is someone translating this into English for you or something?

Gimme a source. Give me something to indicate that someone else besides you holds this opinion. An article, a link, anything.

Last edited by ant0328 on Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:48 pm
User avatarPosts: 10633Location: PhillyJoined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:03 am
Dissappointing game. :x

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:49 pm
tharock220 wrote:
WiseYao wrote:
What if Cavs win it all this season.

tharock220 wrote:
Lol, he had Ewing is your defense. Thanks a lot, that gave me a good laugh. Patrick Ewing finished top 5 in MVP voting 5 times in his career and never finished better than 4th. By the time Jeff got there, he was no longer an MVP candidate and he had easily stopped being an MVP candidate by the time the Knicks got to the Finals. In fact, he was arguably not even the best player on the team, and missed most of the ECF against Indiana that year. Seriously man, that made my gut hurt from laughing so hard.

I fail to see your point about the Cavs. They might be close to the top of the East, but they are in the East, and they're obviously less talented than the Spurs yet they still swept them this season.
You should just quit now while you still have some self esteem.

You should quit now while you still have your self esteem. I promise I'll go easy on you from this point forward.

What if they do? I don't understand what you're saying here. What if the Hornets win it all???

Or the Celtics for that matter... :shock:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:50 pm
You'v got the deal.
Actually you can put my side of the bet as
"If Hornets makes the playoff."

tharock220 wrote:
What if they do? I don't understand what you're saying here. What if the Hornets win it all???

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:01 pm
That is actually the whole point I am trying to make. When you don't get an extension, you become a lame duck coach.

ant0328 wrote:
1. It isn't the proper time for a contract extension. I don't think that matters that much. Plus he has already been extended once and the Rox are better than they have been in the past ten years. Why would they let him go in the midst of their best season in a decade????

Did not know you are such a Bill Waton hater. I apologize.
ant0328 wrote:

2. Please, please, please don't ever quote Bill Walton in this forum again. Anyone with HALF a brain knows that he is a crackpot. He is a washed up old hippie with nothing left upstairs. This is the same guy who said that Alston got called for a "reach-around" foul on national television, if that tells you anything. He is a moron.

I was just underscoring your points. (actually your pal's points.)
I just quoted Bill Waton, and you did not like that article.

ant0328 wrote:
3. I don't think you said anything there. Is someone translating this into English for you or something?

Gimme a source. Give me something to indicate that someone else besides you holds this opinion. An article, a link, anything.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:44 pm
User avatarPosts: 7214Location: Austin, TX Home of the RoseBowl Champions and NCAA basketball champions.Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 am
WiseYao wrote:
That is actually the whole point I am trying to make. When you don't get an extension, you become a lame duck coach.

ant0328 wrote:

Did not know you are such a Bill Waton hater. I apologize.
ant0328 wrote:

I was just underscoring your points. (actually your pal's points.)
I just quoted Bill Waton, and you did not like that article.

ant0328 wrote:

Is there any chance you might actually make a point here. You said where is JVG's extension, and he anto replied. JVG is not a lame duck coach, and if he is, he's managed to maintain the respect of his players which Scott could not so obviously he can't outcoach Jeff anyway.

If you really think Bill Walton quotes are a good argument you haven't heard enough of him

A few Bill Walton quotes.....

[quote]Tracy McGrady is doing things we

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:33 pm
User avatarPosts: 59324Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:04 am
1. Byron Scott guided Nets dominated Knicks - but I would not use that in my arguments, as apparently at that time, JVG was having some problems utilizing Allan Houston - his pet project in New York. JVG said himself that he quitted because he no longer cammanded the media attention that he once enjoyed. And Byron Scott showed his confidence against JVG even if Pejo was not in the lineup. He pulled from behind, with 10 man rotation. He was humbled before, and he became better.

2.We don't know what the players really feel. JVG would purge any player who does not comply. Kirk Snyder dares not to challenge JVG as his career is on the line. Bonzi Wells holds his ground, and that becomes the thorn on JVG's side. The reason for Byron Scott's firing was his bigotry, strict 9 man rotation, refusing to double Shaq for the first couple of games in the final. - JVG has even a bigger problem with bigotry. Actually Richard Jefferson loved Byron Scott. Then which coach Jason Kidd would not have a problem with. Look at the domestic issues he has been having. His family affair is a show within the show.

3. Coach Byron Scott had found a more effective rotation in this game.

You guys live in Texas. I don't think you know or even care what happened here, New York. So trust me on the stories about Byron Scott and JVG.

tharock220 wrote:
WiseYao wrote:
Is there any chance you might actually make a point here. You said where is JVG's extension, and he anto replied. JVG is not a lame duck coach, and if he is, he's managed to maintain the respect of his players which Scott could not so obviously he can't outcoach Jeff anyway.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:47 am
Quote:
1. Byron Scott guided Nets dominated Knicks - but I would not use that in my arguments, as apparently at that time, JVG was having some problems utilizing Allan Houston - his pet project in New York. JVG said himself that he quitted because he no longer cammanded the media attention that he once enjoyed. And Byron Scott showed his confidence against JVG even if Pejo was not in the lineup. He pulled from behind, with 10 man rotation. He was humbled before, and he became better.

2.We don't know what the players really feel. JVG would purge any player who does not comply. Kirk Snyder dares not to challenge JVG as his career is on the line. Bonzi Wells holds his ground, and that becomes the thorn on JVG's side. The reason for Byron Scott's firing was his bigotry, strict 9 man rotation, refusing to double Shaq for the first couple of games in the final. - JVG has even a bigger problem with bigotry. Actually Richard Jefferson loved Byron Scott. Then which coach Jason Kidd would not have a problem with. Look at the domestic issues he has been having. His family affair is a show within the show.

3. Coach Byron Scott had found a more effective rotation in this game.

You guys live in Texas. I don't think you know or even care what happened here, New York. So trust me on the stories about Byron Scott and JVG.

tharock220 wrote:
WiseYao wrote:

I'm an attorney in North Carolina actually. I pull for the Rockets because I was a writer for HoopsHype when I was younger, and got interested in them from there.

Many many people are casulaties of the NY media, which is absurd to the rest of the country. Many great coaches haven't been able to get it done there. Pat Riley anyone??

Plus, while JVG has some control over personnel, he can't make decisions like that. Every player that you talk about being some sort of impact player, besides Wells, is unproven. Wells is even unproven over the long haul. Yes, he had a great playoff run against the Spurs. You know who else did? Jerome James. Does anyone blame Zeke for not playing James? Not that I know of. I would like to see more Bonzi, but we are obviously fine without him. Plus his game doesn't necessarily compliment our system anyway, with Yao and Howard as the 1-2 post punch (for what little times Howard actually posts up).

And you are completely wrong about him using a ten man rotation. Please check facts before arguing.

Here is the box score link - http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=270325003

You will see that Scott uses a nine man rotation, with the ninth man, Hilton Armstrong, getting a grand total of 14 minutes. In no way does he use a ten man rotation. This is colloquially referred to as an 8 and 1/2 man rotation, eerily similar to JVG's current rotation.

Ok, now look at JVG's rotation, which shows surprise surprise, a nine man rotation, with the stragglers picking up 10 or so minutes. Sound familiar?

If you don't believe me, check the link, and make an argument from there.

Plus I would love someone to give me a link to a team that actually does use a ten man rotation that isn't in the lottery. Sure they exist (maybe), but they aren't the majority.

You obviously are not paying attention to what actually happened, and once again failed to check the facts before arguing. Here's a tip, ESPN, CNNSI, and NBA.COM are great sources for support for arguments.

Last edited by ant0328 on Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:20 am
Posts: 2750Location: HoustonJoined: Thu Feb 06, 2003 11:51 pm
What is it about the Mav's Suns, and Hornets that they always have our number? I mean c'mon yeah maybe some of it is matchups but surely you can do something defensively to neutralize it. Is it their speed? Are the Hornets that fast? We seem to be able to hold our own against the Pistons, Lakers, Spurs but not the first three teams.

Offline Profile YIM