<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  YAO FRACTURES LEG: OUT 6 WEEKS

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:35 pm
User avatarPosts: 58977Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
JimRaynor55 wrote:
God damn, it's not like this injury was even related to any of Yao's past injuries (unlike T-Mac's perpetually injured back). Yao literally jumped up and came down the wrong way. Totally random. Unbelievably bad luck here. :evil:

It has something to do with his past injury history. According to the Chinese websites, he had had injury to his right knees.....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:46 pm
pryuen wrote:
JimRaynor55 wrote:
God damn, it's not like this injury was even related to any of Yao's past injuries (unlike T-Mac's perpetually injured back). Yao literally jumped up and came down the wrong way. Totally random. Unbelievably bad luck here. :evil:

It has something to do with his past injury history. According to the Chinese websites, he had had injury to his right knees.....
He did not break his right knee. He broke one of the big bones in his lower leg.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:52 pm
User avatarPosts: 58977Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Photos of Yao Ming leaving Toyota Centre for hospital for the MRI.......

And Ye Li is definitely there with him.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:13 am
Yao on crutches again! Oh well I am glad that he can siill walk to some degree. Good luck Yao my thoughts and prayers are with you. Get well soon.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:15 am
tintin wrote:
Yao's bones seem to be easily fractured. Maybe too much stress to carry a giant body. But WTF is Chuck Hayes thinking flying 2 bodies under the basket. Someone is going to get hurt.

It's not that Yao is fragile, it's just bad luck. Other players have gotten hurt from less. Just the other day Krstic ended his season by taking a step.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:28 am
Yao will be okay. I think he'll get back sooner than 6 weeks. Have faith in Yao's abilities to recover.
I don't see any evidence Yao is "injury prone". This is just a random injury. Anyone can get this anytime.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:33 am
User avatarPosts: 351Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:29 pm
Is it just me or does it seem that since t-mac was traded to the Rox, Yao seems to be getting injured more.

Now I'm not really superstitious or anything, and I'm not entirely sure about Yaos injury record prior to t-mac coming to Houston, but i do kind of remember Yao being quite the iron man in his first few seasons with the Rox (when they still had Steve and Cat).

I know this is probably just a case of bad luck, coincidence, or whatever, but I just hate to see Yao seem to get hurt so much more recently.

Sorry to bring this up, I know logically they can't be related... I think i'm just upset.... :(

Ah well, may you heal swiftly and well Yao.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:13 am
Cokebabies wrote:
i just saw a clip of the incident on ESPN. was it just me or did tim thomas try to flip yao over after they landed on the ground?

nothing malicious, thomas just didnt want to have 300 pounds of man on his leg or stomach or whatever......

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:40 am
I watched the game. This injury was totally wrong place wrong time.

No funny business whatsoever... a rocket tripped or fell over some clipper, and plunged right into yao's leg.

The part they show of the clipper "flipping" yao, that was totally benign. The clipper basically discovered that yao landed on top of him, and was just rolling yao off of himself.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:45 am
User avatarPosts: 6559Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
YaoMingFan wrote:
Is it just me or does it seem that since t-mac was traded to the Rox, Yao seems to be getting injured more.

Now I'm not really superstitious or anything, and I'm not entirely sure about Yaos injury record prior to t-mac coming to Houston, but i do kind of remember Yao being quite the iron man in his first few seasons with the Rox (when they still had Steve and Cat).

I know this is probably just a case of bad luck, coincidence, or whatever, but I just hate to see Yao seem to get hurt so much more recently.

Sorry to bring this up, I know logically they can't be related... I think i'm just upset.... :(

Ah well, may you heal swiftly and well Yao.

he got a lot more poundings in the paint in recent yrs than his first few seasons. i think it's just a bad luck. but probably he needs to take more precautions after returning knowing big men r normally a little more fragile. wearing some protectors here and there wouldn't be a bad idea.

Offline Profile WWW