<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game 26: Rox @ Spurs

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:38 pm
Finally, it feels like they're adjusting to life w/o McGrady.
Bench did a good job of not letting the lead evaporate too much.

Still too many 3pt attempts - 4 for 17! WTF!

And how many of those were by Luther Head, a 48% 3pt shooter? A lousy 2 of them. Gah!

If you're not gonna have your best 3pt shooter shooting nearly all the 3's, then don't friggin bother at all!

Rox win and I'm still frustrated with them!

Bonzi seems like a good replacement for Yao off the bench.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:41 pm
Quote:
Idiot watch
Halftime and I've flipped over to ESPN to get the views of that basketball mental midget Tim Legler, who last week did not have Yao ranked among his top five MVP candidates.

Well, I just listened to Legler sing the praises of the Rockets defenses and their shooting and the way they run their offense. But he never mentioned Yao (18 points) by name.

It took Greg Anthony to finally point out that Yao has been unstoppable. (from chron.com)

I had no clue that Legler is such a Yao hater, I thought Greg hated Yao more. Well I have to give credit to Greg Anthony, sure he used to hate on Yao but now that Yao is playing great, he gives credit where credit is due. I emailed http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?id=2097428
and addressed it to Legler. That dude needs to be more friggin objective on national TV.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:43 pm
User avatarPosts: 6563Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
DingYao wrote:
pryuen wrote:

Can you imagine that ???

We beat the Spurs on their home court !!!

We have not beat them in our last 17 encourters on their home court ever since 1998 !!!

WOW !!!! :shock: :P :P :P

According to ESPN, last time Rox beat Spurs on their homecourt was April 20, 1997.

that was jvg's record iirc

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:45 pm
Glad I actually watched the game on ESPN. I was afraid of watching another loss. Bonzi was great, hope he keeps this up. Yao actually got a lot of help tonight. Would have been nice if he got some of this during the losses. Rockets could have been 5-0 on this trip instead of 2-3 but it's ok if the supporting cast plays better from now on.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:49 pm
User avatarPosts: 1537Location: AZJoined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:54 am
Who needs McGrady?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:51 pm
My only request to YMM posters... Never, ever doubt this current ROX team again!! :D :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:51 pm
User avatarPosts: 6563Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
pryuen wrote:

Can you imagine that ???

We have not beat them in our last 17 encourters on their home court ever since 1998 !!!

it's a huge surprise fr the historic point but hardly a surprise for this particular team. we led them as many as 19 pts last time. if not for our early season 4th quarter woes (w/ tmac running the team), we should've won that game as well.

rox played w/ great defensive intensity & efficient offense in this game as a whole. it just shows how good this team can be.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:54 pm
seiya wrote:
pryuen wrote:

Can you imagine that ???

it's a huge surprise fr the historic point but hardly a surprise for this particular team. we led them as many as 19 pts last time. if not for our early season 4th quarter woes (w/ tmac running the team), we should've won that game as well.

rox played w/ great defensive intensity & efficient offense in this game as a whole. it just shows how good this team can be.

How come Yao's performance is so lousy, only 22 pts?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:56 pm
marza wrote:
Finally, it feels like they're adjusting to life w/o McGrady.
Bench did a good job of not letting the lead evaporate too much.

Still too many 3pt attempts - 4 for 17! WTF!

And how many of those were by Luther Head, a 48% 3pt shooter? A lousy 2 of them. Gah!

If you're not gonna have your best 3pt shooter shooting nearly all the 3's, then don't friggin bother at all!

Rox win and I'm still frustrated with them!

Bonzi seems like a good replacement for Yao off the bench.

it's never like we're setting plays for every outside shooter. that said, if the chances r present, our shooters need to take the shot w/o hesitation. most of the shots were good shots only that they didnt fall.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:59 pm
superjohn wrote:
seiya wrote:
pryuen wrote:

Can you imagine that ???

How come Yao's performance is so lousy, only 22 pts?

he had a HUGE 1st H esp in the 1st quarter that really set the tone for the game. then he got into foul trouble in 3rd Q. the only thing i CANT be happy w/ him is that he commited a VERY STUPID foul in the 4th Q that sent him on the bench again.

however, it turned out to be a good thing that rox won and we hv another game tmr and yao can save some energy

Offline Profile WWW