<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game # 25 - Houston Rockets @ Portland Blazers

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:28 pm
TheRoxRedGlare wrote:
tintin wrote:
Have anyone seen CP3 dunk on Dwight Howard tonite?

I didn't know Chris Paul could dunk - it was awesome. Let's see if ESPN Sportscenter will make a big deal about it like every time someone dunks it on Yao!

AI and Tmac used to dunk too......

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:30 pm
one comment:

HEAD With no head! he does not know how to make 2pt jumpshot!why not pass the god damn ball to yao at the critical moment?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:35 pm
coolzh wrote:
one comment:

HEAD With no head!

he has no handle. JVG is forcing him into something he's not. Billy is a far more superior ball handler, and can create off dribble and slash. I like Head's drive to the rim, but he can't pass off once trapped by big defenders.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:38 pm
User avatarPosts: 351Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:29 pm
Tough loss.

My thoughts:
- Yao played well again, and tried to lead the Team without t-mac.
- Bonzi play really bad.
- I read some people ragging on Head and Alston, but at least they tried and I felt played hard. Though Head should definetly try to stick more to his 3 pt shots until he practices his 2 pt shooting more. But overall I still felt they contributed.
- Battiers got to get his offensive game going more. What is his season average, like 4 shots a game?
- J. Howard played alright in my opinion.

Well, time to put this one behind, and move on...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:19 am
User avatarPosts: 4061Location: Let The Good Times Roll!Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:34 pm
YaoMingFan wrote:
Tough loss.

My thoughts:
- Bonzi play really bad.
- I read some people ragging on Head and Alston, but at least they tried and I felt played hard. Though Head should definetly try to stick more to his 3 pt shots until he practices his 2 pt shooting more. But overall I still felt they contributed.
- Battiers got to get his offensive game going more. What is his season average, like 4 shots a game?

You make some good points, but still the Rox had no business losing to Portland. This is why the Rox don't get the recognition from ESPN and TNT! They need to beat inferior teams, even without a key player like Mac. The Suns can win without Amare, the Mavericks beat Seattle tonight without Dirk, and San Antonio can still win without Duncan or Ginobili. They are 1 - 3 on this road trip. That is not acceptable!

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:37 am
TheRoxRedGlare wrote:
YaoMingFan wrote:
Tough loss.

My thoughts:
- Bonzi play really bad.

You make some good points, but still the Rox had no business losing to Portland. This is why the Rox don't get the recognition from ESPN and TNT! They need to beat inferior teams, even without a key player like Mac. The Suns can win without Amare, the Mavericks beat Seattle tonight without Dirk, and San Antonio can still win without Duncan or Ginobili. They are 1 - 3 on this road trip. That is not acceptable!

The Rockets do not have a third scoring option beside Yao and TMac. With TMac injured, Bonzi has the potential to become a scoring option, but so far he has not been up to the task.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:26 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:07 am
there is no excus of losing to the jailblazer, no way!

This is like saying without tmac we are worst than portland. If that's the case we better trade tmac now, cuz he ain't gonna be around all the time. I hate to see Yao waste his prime time pairing up with broke back.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:12 am
battousai wrote:

This is like saying without tmac we are worst than portland. If that's the case we better trade tmac now, cuz he ain't gonna be around all the time. I hate to see Yao waste his prime time pairing up with broke back.

Portland is not that bad a team this year.
Without TMac, we are one of the worst teams in the WC, and won't make the playoffs. That's not Yao's fault. We don't have anyone fast and long. All Yao gets every year are short and slow players around him with zero offense. We have no length and athleticism. None of the players can make their own shot. All they do is pass around and around hoping Yao gets open. Battier is useless except on defense and being JVG's pet. It's pathetic. I bet some of the Chinese teams could beat the Rox.

The best thing about this season is that this is JVG's last season. Hallelujah!!! :roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:57 pm
User avatarPosts: 4061Location: Let The Good Times Roll!Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:34 pm
yoda9999 wrote:
battousai wrote:

Portland is not that bad a team this year.
Without TMac, we are one of the worst teams in the WC, and won't make the playoffs. That's not Yao's fault. We don't have anyone fast and long. All Yao gets every year are short and slow players around him with zero offense. We have no length and athleticism. None of the players can make their own shot. All they do is pass around and around hoping Yao gets open. Battier is useless except on defense and being JVG's pet. It's pathetic. I bet some of the Chinese teams could beat the Rox.

The best thing about this season is that this is JVG's last season. Hallelujah!!! :roll:

Not disagreeing that Portland is a better team this year, but they are very young and will make a lot of mistakes. The Rox should beat this team. Rox played very sluggish, even Yao, and didn't make a good run until it was too late in the game.

Offline Profile WWW