rox win! yao with good numbers! :oops:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:22 pm
User avatarPosts: 10633Location: PhillyJoined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:03 am
Yao's too goood.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:23 pm
bayern wrote:
Alston played well enough and when he does that, the Rockets have a good chance to win.
I realized that fact too but I thought I was the only one who beleved that. Great last minute shot and block from Yao Ming and thank goodness Rafer came through tonight! :D :shock:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:25 pm
rafer hti 2 clutch shots

1 had a lucky bounce

good win

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:26 pm
rox allowed 100 points in consecutive 5 games! where is rox's gay defense?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:30 pm
User avatarPosts: 4061Location: Let The Good Times Roll!Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:34 pm
Greg Anthony is Smart, but Tim Legler is an IDIOT!

Biggest man, biggest honors
By Greg Anthony
ESPN.com

Coming into the season I never thought the first quarter would be The Year (So Far) of the Big Man. However upon further review, big is in.
Of course any MVP debate is, well, subjective. My argument here in naming these Big Five is based on impact. Boy, has it been big so far.

1. Houston Rockets center Yao Ming (25.5 ppg, 9.2 rpg, 2.0 bpg, 7th overall in Hollinger PER at 26.04, Team record 14-8).

He has made the transition from being arguably the most important player in the league -- he's from China, biggest market in the world by anyone's standard -- to the Rockets' best. Yao's still developing which is scary but his impact has developed to the point to warrant MVP contention.

His true test for the rest of the season may be getting the Rockets into the playoffs. Not the lock you might think -- this team is 9-32 without T-Mac, and he's out indefinitely. Yikes!

2. Phoenix Suns guard Steve Nash (20.2 ppg. 11.7 apg, 3.0 rpg, 12th overall in PER at 24.95, Team record 15-6).

All he has done the last two-plus seasons is play the point guard position as well as it can be played. He's won it the past two seasons, his team is in first place in the division and he's having his best season ever statistically. You do the math.

3. San Antonio Spurs forward Tim Duncan (21.4 ppg, 10.2 rpg, 1.7 bpg, 2nd overall in PER at 27.15, Team record 17-6).

Numbers alone don't do justice for the "best power forward to ever play the game" -- my opinion but shared by many. Nobody in the game dominates both ends the way he does. Plus he's clutch, might also be a little motivated after being ousted by Dirk and the Mavs last season.

4. Utah Jazz forward Carlos Boozer (22.6 ppg, 12.3 rpg, 0.5 bpg, 5th overall in PER at 26.43, Team record 17-5).

He might also be the feel-good story of the season. He doesn't dominate on the defensive end but offers scoring and great knack for always being in the right place at the right time. My question about Booz was, is he really on par with the top power forwards in the game? So far, my answer is a resounding yes. Early on, averaging more points and rebounds than Garnett, Duncan and Brand . . . oh, did I mention the best record in the league?

5. Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard 17.5 ppg, 12.6 rpg, 1.8 bpg, 18th overall in PER at 23.11, Team record 15-10).

The Tim Duncan of the East. While not as polished as the Big Fundamental, becoming every bit as impactful. Quietly he has emerged as arguably the best center in the league! With apologies to the Diesel, for my money Yao and the Baby Beast are a toss up. Did I mention the Magic are the best team in the East? He's only going to get better.

Yes, Kobe Bryant, Carmelo Anthony and Dwyane Wade would also get serious consideration.

Kobe's greatness this season has been in his ability to trust his teammates. Carmelo, arguably the best pure scorer in the game, has matured into a better all-around player. Scary when you think just how good he can be.

D-Wade has been as good as it gets. I know Miami's only 9-12, but my God where would it be without his play? Still the team to beat in the East, especially if Antoine Walker decides to show up

Legler: Boozer's the 1
My Top Five MVPs so far . . .
1. Jazz forward Carlos Boozer -- He's been the most consistent player on the best team in the league. He single-handedly gives Utah a low-post presence. Can give you 22 ppg, 12 rpg -- without him, it would have no inside game.

2. Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony -- Best pure scorer in league and the toughest matchup at small forward. His maturation as a decision maker is big -- he's not forced into bad decisions.

3. Suns guard Steve Nash -- Amazingly, when you think he can't be better, he is. And he's been more of a dominant player. They look like the Suns' team that I picked to win it all.

4. Cavaliers forward LeBron James -- His teammates have underperformed and he's carried them.

5. Magic center Dwight Howard -- He's a more athletic version of Karl Malone, potentially the most dominant post player in the league. Orlando has overachieved because he's been dominant at both ends of the floor.

Looking ahead, I expect Kobe Bryant to join the chase, especially with the outburst of numbers coming with Lamar Odom out. Dirk Nowitzki and Dwyane Wade also will have something to say.

-- Tim Legler

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:53 pm
User avatarPosts: 6559Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
hoopfan wrote:
bayern wrote:
Alston played well enough and when he does that, the Rockets have a good chance to win.
I realized that fact too but I thought I was the only one who beleved that. Great last minute shot and block from Yao Ming and thank goodness Rafer came through tonight! :D :shock:

i defended alston in a few occasions on the yao's teammates forum recently, not for his TOs but for his ability of running the offense. most ppl here judge alston ONLY by his low FG% & TOs, but he's the only serviceable starting pg on this rox team despite those problems.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:59 pm
User avatarPosts: 59324Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Not too many photos as China is still sleeping ............

Anyway have to go now for work. Not sure I can stay awake after following the game for the past 3 hours. May have to take a nap while on the train !!

BOX SCORES

PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR MORE GAME PHOTOS

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:05 pm
User avatarPosts: 4321Location: Harvard MedJoined: Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:48 pm
At last...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:07 pm
Great to see a win by ROX after 3 straight losses! Whew, welcome relief indeed.... Seems like Bonzi is improving also which is a good sign. :lol:

Offline Profile