<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game 22: Rox @ Warriors

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:53 am
why we lost? ask JVG. Why we loss without Tmac, ask the GM.

we lost because Yao was playing way too much in the second and 3rd quarter. I know with Yao on bench we losing pts. fatty wells was a no help either. the only season why Wells was playing was because tmac out and synder out. That's JVG's fault for his subbornness on wells. we all know wells is going to be there for one year only, so why all these non-sense. if wells isn't performance well, then limit his PT or bench him. at least he is working on his in-game shape.

without tmac we loss because one we got no one to draw attention away from yao, second we have no one beside Yao that can consistent with creating their own shot. they are all feeders and can't creat their own.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:22 am
I really ****** hate it when all u girls whine " we lost bcoz we have no tmac". ****** u jimbos!

pls be mature n constructive when analysing games. criticising is part of the game but dont come here n say we lost coz we didnt have a player on the court. if thats all u can say then i feel sorry for u.

T macs not healthy enough. we had this debate last yr. n i along with few others told the rest that he is too brittle to rely on. we shouldve looked to get him out ( findin teams to take him in is entirely diff matter though) n u were the very guys weepin like his mom. he's out - he's out! there is no point in sayin wot would happen if he was in. we couldve lost by a bigger margin or we could've won.

situation was, if Yao was allowed to rest then the score wouldve gone out of reach. thats too much gamble. i was thinkin it all went wrong in the last play. either Yao shouldve stuck with baron or shane shouldve got there quicker. Last play during crucial times, if its abt scoring it should be Yao n if its abt defendin then it should be shane since he is the most effective defender on quicker players. things got confusing right at that point. Yao left for his man n bateer got there bit late n bam! coach has to make it clear to them.

also, as i understand the play was set for head to take the last 3 pointer which Yao took since the passin lane was cut off. if i was van gundy id make sure there were other options too. any dumbo wouldve cut that lane off since luther was shootin nice. how abt gettin novak in on the perimeter? Yao can hit those shots but its novaks forte. jus hope jvg keeps numerous options open nxt time around.

if this is the pattern to follow then its not looking good. Yao cant go on playin 40 mins. team has to up the defense when he's not in.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:16 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

If ONLY that shot went in insteads of coming too short !!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:08 pm
Posts: 221Location: San FranciscoJoined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:30 am
pryuen wrote:

If ONLY that shot went in insteads of coming too short !!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

i think we lost this game because of the van gundy (1) the last play he chose to make and (2) putting in the subs and resting yao in the 3rd when rox were up 15+. the latter he could've not been so aggressive with subs -- didn't he even put in novak?? yao should've stayed in the game longer... the subs gave the warriors momentum into the 4th.

i think it was a poor offensive in-bounds play by van gundy. he really needs to work on his little offensive sets. according to AP reports he was supposed to give it to the inbounder (luther) to shoot a 3. but that seriously doesn't amke any sense because he was clearly easily coverably by dunleavy, and if yao catches the ball at the top of the key and can't get that pass off, yao is stuck shooting a 3 and he hasn't shot a 3 all night long. it should've been a 3 shooter catching it, so in case the pass option was not available, the 3 shooter could've shot it as well ie. like novak.

in any case, rox shouldn't have let them come back like that in the llate 3rd. that was another coach's problem -- relying on his bench when they clearly were inferior when on the ct with the warriors.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:36 pm
User avatarPosts: 4156Location: Welcome to Ca|i Ca|i!!!!!!!Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:22 pm
i don't think rox can make it far with Tmac out with back spasm. Trade him for vince or a equilavent player. Rox need someone healthy not injury prone.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:40 pm
User avatarPosts: 4156Location: Welcome to Ca|i Ca|i!!!!!!!Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:22 pm
HeadsUp7Up wrote:
Moving screen should be called on Foyle when Baron made that lucky azz 3 pointer!!!!!! MOVING SCREEN!!!!!!!!!

Refs liked to swallow their whistle during the end of every quarters.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:03 pm
Finally finished watching this exiting-ass game!!!!! Woo hoo this one was fun.

But, I WAS PISSED AS HELL during the first quarter when the rox were charging up and down the court at full speed. They expect 300 pound Yao to run the court non-stop?

Hell, even the commentators noticed that Yao was tired out, and this was like halfway through the first effin' quarter!

If the rox are gonna do high speed run 'n gun, then sit Yao down, godammit!

If the rox want to win, then DON'T TIRE THE BEST WEAPON!

Offline Profile