Author Message

<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  THE BIG! GAME, Houston Rockets vs. Miami Heats

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:32 pm
Posts: 678Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:57 am
Classic sourgraping by Shaq:

"He's pretty much the same, just big, 7-6," O'Neal said. "He's just doing what he's supposed to do."

Yao, on the other hand, showed way too much class by saying:

"Every time I score on him I was happy like a kid, like a kid getting candy on Halloween because it's really too hard to score on him, too hard. He's just great."

:D :D :D


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:32 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
and look at his body now. You can see the difference, especially his upper body.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:03 am
User avatarPosts: 6559Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
alpha_yao wrote:
Classic sourgraping by Shaq:

"He's pretty much the same, just big, 7-6," O'Neal said. "He's just doing what he's supposed to do."

Yao, on the other hand, showed way too much class by saying:

"Every time I score on him I was happy like a kid, like a kid getting candy on Halloween because it's really too hard to score on him, too hard. He's just great."

:D :D :D


i think yao just wanted to be funny but he's a very bad joker.


Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:15 am
User avatarPosts: 640Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:54 pm
It seems that many people on ESPN, for whatever reason, do not like Yao.

I guess it had to take an ex-teammate of Yao, who just recently joined ESPN, to give the credit that Yao truely deserves.

Winning is Ming's thing
By Jon Barry, ESPN.com

Rousing Shaquille O'Neal in November is a dangerous thing.

But my old teammate Tracy McGrady did it anyway.

"I don't care who you try to match up against him, I don't care who you say is the most dominant," McGrady said after Friday's win over the Knicks. "No. 11 on my team, hands down, is the best center in the league."

I didn't think this was a great idea by Tracy. But Yao Ming still got the better of this matchup, dropping in 34 points with 14 rebounds as the Houston Rockets pulled away from the Miami Heat, 94-72.

I know Yao and Shaq respect each other, and they've had some good matchups over the years. Early on, it was seemed like Shaq's calendar was set for June, putting in his first four hoops. His spree slowed down, and he finished with 15 points and 10 rebounds.

We saw Yao running the floor well, shooting with a soft touch and playing unselfishly. We saw him shaking off an inadvertent Shaq elbow to the head without missing a beat. We saw him showing off his well-rounded game.

Advantage, Yao.

Maybe T-Mac was right, because Yao is playing better than any center in the league. To say he is better is harder to say. But Yao has been sensational as the Rockets have been off to a 5-2 start. For this team to have that mark and not be at its best offensively, they've got to feel pretty good.

I've always believed Yao was going to be one of best to play the game because of what he can do at 7-5. I think some tabbed him unfairly because he's not a Shaq, a player who will just mow you down inside. He's a finesse big man, a very unselfish player. His skills were on full display Sunday night.

The other half of the Rocket superstar tandem is not playing his best. McGrady says he's feeling pretty good, and it seems awfully early in the year to be mentally tired. I'm not sure what's going on.

But even when he's not shooting the ball well (6-for-18 Sunday night, T-Mac's playmaking ability (seven assists) is always good. I thought he took over this game without shooting, setting up Luther Head for open shots, and Yao too.

When he returns, Bonzi Wells can be that third guy that could pick up when one of the superstars is struggling. Shane Battier can be that guy, and some nights it's going to be Luther Head. There's a lot of pieces there.

Miami's not playing with a lot of passion right now. It looks like complacency set it. I think they believe they can just switch that light on, and you can get in trouble that way. They better turn it around quickly.

You saw how Pat Riley went to Jason Kapono. He was looking for someone who was hungry.

Putting it on cruise control is a dangerous thing. Shaq can do that because he's Shaq.

I would be bit concerned because this team made no moves in the offseason, and it's a team with older players who just got one year older. Even Dwyane Wade played all summer long.

I still look for them to make a deal. They are the champs, after all.

As for the Rockets, they've got the pieces filling in nicely. Let's see how this develops.

ESPN analyst Jon Barry, on the call for Wednesday's Grizzlies-Kings game (9 ET, ESPN), played 14 NBA seasons for eight different teams before retiring this season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime-061113


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:16 am
Posts: 4Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:18 pm
bayern wrote:
I just don't understand how some of you guys would easily let words get to you. I could careless what ESPN says, or any other media source for that matter. They can say Yao is the worst player if I care, as long as the team is keep winning and that's the most important thing of all.


Because it is a reminder that racist people are in charge and have power. It is a reminder of those out there who darkened our youth, who will attack our kids, who have a privilege in this society to shape the cultural outlook and reality and to to influence and control our destinies


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:27 am
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
valiant knight wrote:
bayern wrote:
I just don't understand how some of you guys would easily let words get to you. I could careless what ESPN says, or any other media source for that matter. They can say Yao is the worst player if I care, as long as the team is keep winning and that's the most important thing of all.


Because it is a reminder that racist people are in charge and have power. It is a reminder of those out there who darkened our youth, who will attack our kids, who have a privilege in this society to shape the cultural outlook and reality and to to influence and control our destinies


I think your comment went a little bit too far as far as the game of basketball goes. No need to play race card.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:29 am
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
Yao2008 wrote:
It seems that many people on ESPN, for whatever reason, do not like Yao.

I guess it had to take an ex-teammate of Yao, who just recently joined ESPN, to give the credit that Yao truely deserves.

Winning is Ming's thing
By Jon Barry, ESPN.com

Rousing Shaquille O'Neal in November is a dangerous thing.

But my old teammate Tracy McGrady did it anyway.

"I don't care who you try to match up against him, I don't care who you say is the most dominant," McGrady said after Friday's win over the Knicks. "No. 11 on my team, hands down, is the best center in the league."

I didn't think this was a great idea by Tracy. But Yao Ming still got the better of this matchup, dropping in 34 points with 14 rebounds as the Houston Rockets pulled away from the Miami Heat, 94-72.

I know Yao and Shaq respect each other, and they've had some good matchups over the years. Early on, it was seemed like Shaq's calendar was set for June, putting in his first four hoops. His spree slowed down, and he finished with 15 points and 10 rebounds.

We saw Yao running the floor well, shooting with a soft touch and playing unselfishly. We saw him shaking off an inadvertent Shaq elbow to the head without missing a beat. We saw him showing off his well-rounded game.

Advantage, Yao.

Maybe T-Mac was right, because Yao is playing better than any center in the league. To say he is better is harder to say. But Yao has been sensational as the Rockets have been off to a 5-2 start. For this team to have that mark and not be at its best offensively, they've got to feel pretty good.

I've always believed Yao was going to be one of best to play the game because of what he can do at 7-5. I think some tabbed him unfairly because he's not a Shaq, a player who will just mow you down inside. He's a finesse big man, a very unselfish player. His skills were on full display Sunday night.

The other half of the Rocket superstar tandem is not playing his best. McGrady says he's feeling pretty good, and it seems awfully early in the year to be mentally tired. I'm not sure what's going on.

But even when he's not shooting the ball well (6-for-18 Sunday night, T-Mac's playmaking ability (seven assists) is always good. I thought he took over this game without shooting, setting up Luther Head for open shots, and Yao too.

When he returns, Bonzi Wells can be that third guy that could pick up when one of the superstars is struggling. Shane Battier can be that guy, and some nights it's going to be Luther Head. There's a lot of pieces there.

Miami's not playing with a lot of passion right now. It looks like complacency set it. I think they believe they can just switch that light on, and you can get in trouble that way. They better turn it around quickly.

You saw how Pat Riley went to Jason Kapono. He was looking for someone who was hungry.

Putting it on cruise control is a dangerous thing. Shaq can do that because he's Shaq.

I would be bit concerned because this team made no moves in the offseason, and it's a team with older players who just got one year older. Even Dwyane Wade played all summer long.

I still look for them to make a deal. They are the champs, after all.

As for the Rockets, they've got the pieces filling in nicely. Let's see how this develops.

ESPN analyst Jon Barry, on the call for Wednesday's Grizzlies-Kings game (9 ET, ESPN), played 14 NBA seasons for eight different teams before retiring this season.



[/url]


I think he is right.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:34 am
Posts: 796Location: NOLAJoined: Thu Feb 06, 2003 8:24 pm
We need pictures or video of that sick dunk Yao made on the fast break. I think Zo might have been posterized, not sure.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:14 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Is Yao Ming wagering his finger to mean: I am now the #1 Centre in this league ?? :oops:


BOX SCORES

PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR MORE GAME PHOTOS


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:47 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
This has to be THE day loyal diehard Yao Ming fans all over the world have been waiting for since Day 1 of Yao Ming entering NBA.

In my opinion, he had finally surpassed that "Eternal Mountain" blocking in his way.....and has officially dethroned Shaquille O'Neal as the #1 NBA Centre.

I don't remember any other centres putting away 34 points/14 rebounds over the head of Shaq in the past decade.


What a joyous day !!!


Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Page 43 of 50
496 posts
Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 50  Next
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
cron