<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Houston Rockets vs. Milwaukee Bucks

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:46 pm
Posts: 145Location: San Mateo, CAJoined: Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:11 pm
JoD wrote:
Did Wells get benched tonight due to injury or coaches decision?

Hey do you guys think what JVG is doing to Wells is kinda risky? ok imho, what JVG is doing in disciplining Wells that only the fittest can play and stuff like that is for a positive outcome, however its Wells we're talking about here, a veteran who CHOSE to come to Houston to play and get minutes, hes not one of the rookies in which JVG is trying to teach and stuff, I think eventually as JVG keep on benching him, his giant ego will take over and also be a time-set bomb eventually about to blow up, I dont think he signed to sit on the bench, lets keep in mind that he needs this season to be great to pursue a bigger contract in the future.

What do you guys think?

I agree -- I would at least give Wells a few minutes and increase those minutes as he gets in shape/makes progress in practice (JVG should add some carrots to that stick he's beating Wells up with)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:49 pm
JoD wrote:

Hey do you guys think what JVG is doing to Wells is kinda risky? ok imho, what JVG is doing in disciplining Wells that only the fittest can play and stuff like that is for a positive outcome, however its Wells we're talking about here, a veteran who CHOSE to come to Houston to play and get minutes, hes not one of the rookies in which JVG is trying to teach and stuff, I think eventually as JVG keep on benching him, his giant ego will take over and also be a time-set bomb eventually about to blow up, I dont think he signed to sit on the bench, lets keep in mind that he needs this season to be great to pursue a bigger contract in the future.

What do you guys think?
I agree with you. It seems like the free agents that come to Houston get treated like crap by JVG.

Last edited by hoopfan on Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:54 pm
User avatarPosts: 2540Location: HKSARJoined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:07 am
Rico, thanks for the play-by-play!

And someone please youtube the 3rd quarter! I want to watch the two men game!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:25 pm
User avatarPosts: 385Location: NZLJoined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:13 pm
HeadsUp7Up wrote:
Jeff Van Gundy is stupid for leaving FatMac on the floor to shoot those free throws. He should've let Yao have the ball. Bad coaching!

well he hit all of them...mayb that means ur stupid

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:25 pm
User avatarPosts: 58973Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:09 am
rico wrote:
Yao has more FGA than points! Ball hog! TRADE HIM!

Ball hog with 4 assists tonight.

Only 1 TO, may be Yao should play point guard. :wink:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:26 am
YinYang wrote:
rico wrote:
Yao has more FGA than points! Ball hog! TRADE HIM!

Ball hog with 4 assists tonight.

Only 1 TO, may be Yao should play point guard. :wink:
:lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:55 am
User avatarPosts: 351Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:42 am
Look at Bogut... :lol: :lol: :oops: :P

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:26 am
JoD wrote:

What do you guys think?

You are right on! I definitely agree, JVG is doing the same thing with Wells that he did with Swift, regardless of how it affects the team. He is one of those coaches whose ego is a lot bigger than his coaching skills and definitely needs a kick in his rear end.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:24 am
Posts: 4467Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
JoD wrote:

What do you guys think?

I think JVG is doing the right thing. If he makes an exception for Wells, then other players will feel like they deserve exceptions too.

Offline Profile YIM