<  Non-Yao stuff  ~  Chinese Hoops Report: God Shammgod, Yi, and Chen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:06 pm
User avatarPosts: 2658Location: HoustonJoined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:48 pm
from Slam!

By Alan Paul

I traveled from my home in Beijing to TaiYuan, Shanxi Province the other day to take in a CBA (Chinese Basketball Association) game. I was catching up with God Shammgod, the great point guard with the better name who played at U-Providence for two years before entering the Draft and playing a year for the Wizards, then setting off on a multi-year international hoops journey which he still hopes will lead him back to the NBA. Sham is a great guy and you will be learn much, much more about him in a future SLAM issue. Suffice it to say he is an awesome guy who still has game.

I watched Shamm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:40 pm
User avatarPosts: 1043Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:37 pm
awesome article!!

thanks for posting.

Is the writer a Caucasian American who speaks Mandarin?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:19 pm
I swear these stupid non-Chinese writers need to STFU about doubting Chen's and Yi's age. Those idiots don't understand Chinese lunar year calendar birthdates and they got confused. If they don't know what the hell they're talking about, then just STFU!!!!!!!!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:15 pm
HeadsUp7Up wrote:
I swear these stupid non-Chinese writers need to STFU about doubting Chen's and Yi's age. Those idiots don't understand Chinese lunar year calendar birthdates and they got confused. If they don't know what the hell they're talking about, then just STFU!!!!!!!!!

You should cool down. It is well documented that many Chinese players rig their ages. It is pretty much public knowledge in China.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:24 pm
Shanxi's owner sounds like Aoshen's owner, berating their player from the bench, making substitutes over the coach. Pretty funny. I guess how much they invested in the team, they might think they have a right.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:52 pm
This is great. It looks like it's the game links posted here:

http://www.yaomingmania.com/forum/viewt ... &start=190

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:15 pm
User avatarPosts: 15137Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
wireonfire wrote:
HeadsUp7Up wrote:

You should cool down. It is well documented that many Chinese players rig their ages. It is pretty much public knowledge in China.

So, you think Chen is 20 years old? Someone is lying and it can be career damaging. You doubt Yao's age also?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:40 pm
Malorkayel wrote:
wireonfire wrote:
HeadsUp7Up wrote:

So, you think Chen is 20 years old? Someone is lying and it can be career damaging. You doubt Yao's age also?

I don't know how old Chen is. Nobody out there can say it for certain. But most people don't believe he is 17. Neither do most people, if any, believe Yi is 19. All the draft sites know Chinese prospects are all at least one or two years older than listed--so their projections have already taken in this factor. For Yao's age no one has casted any serious question.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:57 pm
No it is not well documented. It's just stupid idiotic non-Chinese writers doesn't know jack sh1t about Chinese lunar calendar years, so they got confused. I guess people are doubting Yao's age also, you dumb pricks.

Yi and Chen is definitely what they claim their age is. GET A LIFE!!

Last edited by HeadsUp7Up on Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:58 pm
HeadsUp7Up wrote:

it is widely know that china has lied about the ages of it sports starts.... as is the common pratice for communists nations.. e.g cuba baseball players...

china has no one to blame for the low credibility...

if you have told many lies in the past... people will not trust you and clearly this is the case...

would you trust someone who has stolen from you in the past with your wallet...?

china has to earn its credibility back....
which is hard since propaganda and corrption is so systemic in their govt and system...

Offline Profile