<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  China vs Greece - Game 6 (Round of 16)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:20 am
are now calling the CNT all sorts of names.

Well I am still proud of how this team manage to make it to the round of 16.

Good Job CNT. (that includes WZZ)
you have exceeded my expectations.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:24 am
Posts: 275Location: Chicago, ILJoined: Fri May 12, 2006 5:32 pm
trevianjoe wrote:
and walk by the weight room everyday without even touching it once...

my prediction of what the cnt will do the next 3 months

WZZ: will make more stupid volt commericals for no reason, where the balls he shoots turns into fireballs because he is such a great shooter

Yao: will be mad about the WC and come out and dominate the nba with his new rage

liu Wei: will school 99.9% of the point guards in china and thinks he is good

Du feng: eats instant noodle
Zhu Fang Yu: re dyes his hair and eats instant noodle wit Du
Sun Yue: will be aba all star again and continue to improve
Yi jian lian: will hit the weights and be a beast soon and do some stupid commercials like wang
wang shi peng: will watch the replay of his shoot against slovenia daily while eating instant noodles...and afterwards will roar like a lion and thinks he is the ray allen of china

I have no idea where this instant noodle stuff came from.

We all know the guards on the CNT suck. That subject has been beaten to death. But shouldn't be breaking the full court press/trap be a point of emphasis during practice? Doesn't the fact that they still can't do it reflect on the coach, as well? Or do the players suck so much they can't even do what the coach tells them to, even after they worked it in practice?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:25 am
so did yao suck in this game or what?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:26 am
14 Z. Wang 20 0/6 0 0/3 0 0/3 0 1/2 50 0 1 1 0 2 4 0 1 1

mr. basketball wzz in his 20 minutes of play has 1 point, shot 0 for 6 from the field (0 for 3 3pt), 1 for 2 fts, 4 Turnovers, his usual 2 fouls, 1 rebound (did i mentioned he is 7 feet tall?)and a display of ben wallace like defense ...we are all proud of u wzz...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:27 am
User avatarPosts: 58994Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:28 am
Posts: 8229Location: GuangxiJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:14 pm
NYC Yao Fan in UMich wrote:
every thread on this forum always turns into some race discussion. i didn't watch the game, but how did Chen Jianghua and Yi Jianlian do?

yi was doing good in the 1st qt until the coach benched him until garbage time. chen was ok but made some rookie mistakes. but i was surprised he got some minutes cuz the other guards just plain suck during the 2nd and 3rd quarter stretch that china got blown away. although it was a loss, cnt still has hope as long as they get better guards for the olympics. the whole tournament and the stankovic pretty much expose cnt greatest weakness right now, the backcourt. other than that, we got a great center and a potential great pf in yi. wzz is still not full recovered but we know he can add offensive spark. the only positions im worrying about are the guards.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:29 am
instant noodles comes from the fact the 3/4 of the cnt are skinner than bones and so my theory is that they eat instant noodles 3 times a day

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:31 am
Posts: 8229Location: GuangxiJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:14 pm
Cokebabies wrote:
so did yao suck in this game or what?

nah he just couldnt get the passes from the guards who were turning the ball over like they did against the usa game.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:32 am
User avatarPosts: 349Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:06 pm
pryuen wrote:

This guys arms are huge. Too bad rockets didnt get him as the backup center. Anyway, Spanolis is pretty good.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:34 am
yes while we might disagree on cnt's diet, the correlation of race and atheletic ability, how amazing wzz really is, we can all agree that Spanolis is very good, is ready to contribue right away and be a good teammate for yao to have...

Offline Profile