<  Yao's teammates and coaches  ~  Nice article on Yao's Rocket teammate Battier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:58 pm
Site AdminPosts: 467Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 1:32 am
Workman Shane Battier continues to get props from the national media during the World Basketball Championships. Here's an article from AP.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory? ... SFeeds0312

With all the love Shane is getting among all the stars on Team USA (who would have thunk it?), I'm wondering if all the fans who bashed the Rockets for trading #8 pick Rudy Gay for Battier on Draft Day are starting to accept Shane for what he can bring to the team?

For those of you who weren't crazy about Shane coming to the Rockets, what do you think about him now?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:32 pm
User avatarPosts: 6559Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
i considered it a good trade fr the very beginning. it's even nicer to know he got recognition fr his national teammates & coaches.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:34 pm
I don't think there were ever a question of whether Battier is a good or bad player for the rockets.

The question about the trade was did we give up too much for battier? Don't forget we gave up gay and swift for battier. only time will tell.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:00 am
User avatarPosts: 245Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 am
I didn't like the trade in the beginning and I still don't like it now, but of course, my anger has decreased over all this time and after reading a few articles on him. Shane is a good player but the Rockets gave up a lot to get him.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:34 pm
I really believe he's one of the missing pieces of the puzzle. The Rockets really need someone like him to defend, rebound, and score some. He can do all three jobs really well. Plus, he has other intangibles like being a great team player, a great person, and he is a very intelligent basketball player. Believe me, he's well worth the trade. I couldn't be happier :P :D . Now, all we need is for V. Span. to succeed and find ways to dish the ball to Yao on a consistent basis = C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P BABY!

Offline Profile