<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  China vs Slovenia, Game 5

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:22 am
Posts: 8229Location: GuangxiJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:14 pm
hoopfan wrote:
seiya wrote:
Does anyone know when the second round starts?

if china finishes 3rd its on 26 13:00 japan time 9pm pacific on 25
if china finishes 4th its on 27 10:00 japan time 6pm pacific on 26

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:38 am
Hello guys,
I have been reading this forum for several years,ever since Yao Ming was drafted by the NBA back in 2002. Yet, I have never posted any messages until this moment. August 24, 2006 will be a day fondly remembered by all Chinese basketball fans and Wang Shipeng made the biggest shot in the history of Chinese basketball. All you guys who were dissing Wang Shipeng, saying he's a disgrace, and asking questions why Jonas gives Wang Shipeng so many minutes have your answer tonight.
Wang Shipeng was a key reason for both of China's wins in this tournament. Wang SP's two dagger 3 pointers in the game against Senegal was critical for that win as well. Wang Zhizhi, on the other hand, began to sink the 3 ball in the game against Senegal only when the match was already in China's favour.

Anyways, I was privileged to see the China vs. Slovenia game live and the only concern is whether China will advance to round of 16 or not. According to this article: http://www.tsn.ca/nba/news_story/?ID=175168&hubname=nba China's fate is still in other's hands. All the Chinese website state that the CNT has entered the group of 16 as a fact. Who is right here?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:40 am
Zhu and Wang SP's miracle shots

http://www.uume.com/play_toqeOnqe6vjH

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:47 am
User avatarPosts: 58984Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

http://sports.sina.com.cn/k/2006-08-24/ ... 6419.shtml

After the win, Yao Ming said that 5 points from Wang Zhizhi (a 3-point play + another layup) in the last stretch of the game were crucial, and that he is a player with vast experience that he and his team mates could depend on. And following his analogy of "Finding his first cup of water after being thirsty for 10 days in the desert", he said: "I think I've found the oasis !!"

Wang Zhizhi after listening to Yao Ming's praise, just calmly said: "We need to continue drinking water."

Great comradeship started building between the 2 !!!

Please Click Here for More Photos

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:48 am
I believe China is in no matter what read lwong's explanation....wang shi peng is not that good, he had an incredible shot..but he is also a turnover machine...the only one that is the key and only reason China wins is a dude name Yao...without him china is a third world basketball team.....sad but true

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:53 am
Wang Shipeng can shoot the three ball. And not any 3 ball, he hit them in the two game CNT won when it counted the most. He does turnover the ball, cuz he's not used to the tight physical defense at the intl'l level. Yet he's also not a pure stand and shoot guy. He can penetrate, you saw that in both of China's winning games. The last shot against Slovenia shows he can shot on the move, unlike Zhu Fanyu whose more of a spot up shooter.
Overall given he's weakness of turnovers and telegraphing his passes sometimes, he remains aggressive in daring to shoot when it matters and penetrating when the lane is open. These are qualities a coach would value. We all know the value of Yao Ming whose mere presence and domination changes the game in China's favour. Nevertheless, it is a fact that you need to accompany a great center with dependable outside shooters to have a in/out game. So far, Wang Shipeng has delivered on the perimeter at moments when it counted the most in both games China won. Who cares if he only scores 3 points, when that basket won the game?

Last edited by Kopio on Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:53 am
Posts: 8229Location: GuangxiJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:14 pm
Kopio wrote:
Hello guys,
I have been reading this forum for several years,ever since Yao Ming was drafted by the NBA back in 2002. Yet, I have never posted any messages until this moment. August 24, 2006 will be a day fondly remembered by all Chinese basketball fans and Wang Shipeng made the biggest shot in the history of Chinese basketball. All you guys who were dissing Wang Shipeng, saying he's a disgrace, and asking questions why Jonas gives Wang Shipeng so many minutes have your answer tonight.
Wang Shipeng was a key reason for both of China's wins in this tournament. Wang SP's two dagger 3 pointers in the game against Senegal was critical for that win as well. Wang Zhizhi, on the other hand, began to sink the 3 ball in the game against Senegal only when the match was already in China's favour.

Anyways, I was privileged to see the China vs. Slovenia game live and the only concern is whether China will advance to round of 16 or not. According to this article: http://www.tsn.ca/nba/news_story/?ID=175168&hubname=nba China's fate is still in other's hands. All the Chinese website state that the CNT has entered the group of 16 as a fact. Who is right here?

it was a lucky shot by wang shipeng. he redeemed himself tonite with the biggest shot for cnt. as a guard, he still sucks. avg over 4 turnovers a game and how many assist? two games means ******. he wasnt even around in the other games where china lost. imma say it again, the cnt needs better guards cuz liu and wang aint gonna work cuz they are so inconsistent. if china has other team's guards, cnt wouldnt have to struggle so much against these teams. dont be blind cuz he made a game winning shot. he still has to prove himself he can play more consistently. hopefully tonite's win gives inspiration for all the players to play with the heart of a champion, not cba bball.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:56 am
Posts: 259Location: CanberraJoined: Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:51 pm
yeh great win!!!!

Does anyone know what the score is currently for the italy and PR game? thanks

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:56 am
go to fiba.com they have live scores for everygame...plus u can purchase the live or on demand for 15 bucks to watch all the games

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:00 am
Posts: 259Location: CanberraJoined: Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:51 pm
problem is that FIBA is down atm, anywhere else i can find the live score? or does anyone know? thanks

Offline Profile