<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  Yao invited to the Whitehouse luncheon horing President Hu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:02 am
User avatarPosts: 12417Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
YaoRocks wrote:
...michelle was also invited to the state dinner in the Whitehouse in 1999 when Clinton hosted then chinese president Jiang

she's the perfect token chinese to showcase america's diversity...
unfortunately, you're right on w that observation.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:20 pm
User avatarPosts: 10633Location: PhillyJoined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:03 am
OMG, Zhang Ziyi is so hot. I can't believe Bush didn't invite her!! :x

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:43 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Ping Ni wrote:

Once again you showed you did not use your brain before you pad-post. :roll:

Do you think she can get onto the lawn there in the White House without an invitation ??? She was inivted just like all all the other on-lookers on the lawn, but she just did not get the same kind of treatment as Michelle Kwan to be on the host table.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:47 pm
pryuen wrote:
Ping Ni wrote:

Do you think she can get onto the lawn there in the White House without an invitation ??? She was inivted just like all all the other on-lookers on the lawn, but she just did not get the same kind of treatment as Michelle Kwan to be on the host table.

I said invite as in "how come President Bush did not invite her to be a guest at the dinner?". Please don't start thinking your own views into mines. :roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:58 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Ping Ni wrote:
I said invite as in "how come President Bush did not invite her to be a guest at the dinner?". Please don't start thinking your own views into mines. :roll:

There was NO dinner....Kiddo. :roll:

This was held as a buffet luncheon only.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:12 pm
pryuen wrote:
Ping Ni wrote:

There was NO dinner....Kiddo. :roll:

This was held as a buffet luncheon only.

You know what I mean, stop being such a prick. :roll: :wink:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:30 am
User avatarPosts: 2491Location: "Nothing is good nor bad; The thought is what makes it so."Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:17 pm
I dont even understand the point of this meeting if they arent even going to get anything accomplished. President Hu just went over promises he already made, which is pretty pointless. How is that going to greaten the bond between the US + China?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:00 am
MingDynasty11 wrote:
I dont even understand the point of this meeting if they arent even going to get anything accomplished. President Hu just went over promises he already made, which is pretty pointless. How is that going to greaten the bond between the US + China?

The point of this meeting was to try to persuade the other president to agree yet they were unsuccessful.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:19 am
Ping Ni wrote:
MingDynasty11 wrote:

The point of this meeting was to try to persuade the other president to agree yet they were unsuccessful.

The point of this meeting was to show the world that US-China relationship is getting stronger instead of being weaker.

They do each have "goals" that they would like to accomplish, such as having either side agree on certain "deals".

I think they both know that they will not get those deals done, but this is a good step forward in building a stronger bond, however, i think that news reporter protesting at the speech was a big no-no and would fireback at some point.

i think president Hu got some confirmation again from the white house and bush that taiwan remain as part of china and US would like to see a peaceful unification. I don't think president Hu mention anything regarding that, just bush did (or i may of missed it) That taiwan president was angry afterward and announced his own speech, and i think they said his approval rating is at his all time low.

Time to bring back taiwan to unite with her motherland!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:24 am
pryuen wrote:
Ping Ni wrote:

word, dude!

pryuen you are so dead on the target, bulleye!

Offline Profile