<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Cle @ Hou 4:00PM ET 3:00pm CT official game thread 3-26-06

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:18 pm
User avatarPosts: 59324Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Chuck wrote:

yao, however, in a hindsight, ideally should've just let that go and not given the refs any chance to call a foul.

and the last play by yao and the rockets in the regulation after that one was horrible. they had ~14 seconds left but came up empty.

AGREED. He should have known now he has yet to get superstar treatment by those D@MN referees.

And I wondered what really went wrong in 3Q, as when I left home to work in Dongguan, they were still leading by double-digits.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:24 pm
Posts: 8230Location: GuangxiJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:14 pm
pryuen wrote:
Chuck wrote:

yao, however, in a hindsight, ideally should've just let that go and not given the refs any chance to call a foul.

and the last play by yao and the rockets in the regulation after that one was horrible. they had ~14 seconds left but came up empty.

AGREED. He should have known now he has yet to get superstar treatment by those D@MN referees.

And I wondered what really went wrong in 3Q, as when I left home to work in Dongguan, they were still leading by double-digits.

yao went to rest and cavs went on a run.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:26 pm
User avatarPosts: 6559Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
shokenchi wrote:
yao went to rest and cavs went on a run.

it's very common jvg rested his players at wrong times.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:00 pm
i am guilty of one thing - i should not hv bought NBA tv and support this corrupt franchise called NBA since this whole instituion is biased against yao. howthe fukk can Z and lebron not get a single foul until the 4Q with all their mugging of yao

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:23 pm
User avatarPosts: 59324Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:32 am
User avatarPosts: 298Location: Sam Cassell @ Lord of the Rings 2006Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:27 am
It was Yao's fault, no question about it. It's not about whether or not Yao committed that foul. He shouldn't have guarded for that Cavs' quick 2 in the first place. He should have just let it go and not doing anything. Boy did he look clumpsy or what!

Gundy should be ashamed to be called coach. He doesn't know a damn thing about coaching a team. He didn't give players specific instruction as to FOUL or NO FOUL. Instead he just let the players decide. Fvck! Too much confusion there. This is one of the reasons why at times the Rockets players seem lost. They are not well-coached!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:54 am
dunleavyjr wrote:
It was Yao's fault, no question about it. It's not about whether or not Yao committed that foul. He shouldn't have guarded for that Cavs' quick 2 in the first place. He should have just let it go and not doing anything. Boy did he look clumpsy or what!

Gundy should be ashamed to be called coach. He doesn't know a damn thing about coaching a team. He didn't give players specific instruction as to FOUL or NO FOUL. Instead he just let the players decide. Fvck! Too much confusion there. This is one of the reasons why at times the Rockets players seem lost. They are not well-coached!
The more I think about that play. I feel Keith Bogans should have fouled James before he was able to get to the hoop. If Yao ever finds himself in that situation again I hope he just lets the opponet shoot and does not do anything becuse he will always be called for a foul in that situation.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:27 am
User avatarPosts: 52Location: CaliforniaJoined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:10 am
Okay Yao got 27pts, which I am very happy, but look at this way, though the rockets lost T-mac for the season and now the only way is to play the rest of the season on a good note, though there is no chance for them to get the 8th final spot 4 the playoffs. I think this will be a better opportunity for YAO MING to get some rest before the 2006 WORLD Championships in Japan where China is gonna be in the same group as the USA. I think since he has been putting up decent numbers, and though the rockets are not gonna make it to the playoffs, it would be better if Yao went back to china to rest and give advice to the Chinese National team. I think they are gonna do well in the tournament because most countries do not have someone that can stop him and if he can have the rest of the players step up, CHina will likely do well than the last olympics where they got 8th place. China basketball is improving, especially the 7-footer Yi Jianlian. So with that in mind, I think Yao is going to be even dominant this summer in the WORLd Championships in Japan and I think China will beat the USA team with lebron. And also team USA will play CHina a couple of times before the tournament starts and therefore if they beat them at least once, that will be something big, just like Italy, Argentina beat the USA. GO Yao MIng and oh yea hopefully Wang Zhizhi can come back to play this summer because chinese officals went to LA to visit him and they should get Mengke Bateer bak, regardless if he does not play, he still is a good player who can help china team.[/i][/b]

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:54 am
aznhoopstar wrote:
Okay Yao got 27pts, which I am very happy, but look at this way, though the rockets lost T-mac for the season and now the only way is to play the rest of the season on a good note, though there is no chance for them to get the 8th final spot 4 the playoffs. I think this will be a better opportunity for YAO MING to get some rest before the 2006 WORLD Championships in Japan where China is gonna be in the same group as the USA. I think since he has been putting up decent numbers, and though the rockets are not gonna make it to the playoffs, it would be better if Yao went back to china to rest and give advice to the Chinese National team. I think they are gonna do well in the tournament because most countries do not have someone that can stop him and if he can have the rest of the players step up, CHina will likely do well than the last olympics where they got 8th place. China basketball is improving, especially the 7-footer Yi Jianlian. So with that in mind, I think Yao is going to be even dominant this summer in the WORLd Championships in Japan and I think China will beat the USA team with lebron. And also team USA will play CHina a couple of times before the tournament starts and therefore if they beat them at least once, that will be something big, just like Italy, Argentina beat the USA. GO Yao MIng and oh yea hopefully Wang Zhizhi can come back to play this summer because chinese officals went to LA to visit him and they should get Mengke Bateer bak, regardless if he does not play, he still is a good player who can help china team.[/i][/b]
Are you saying let Yao go back to China before the NBA season is actually over? I don't think the Rockets would allow that. I will be following Yao's progress during the world championships and rooting for China and I do hope that WZZ is once again willing and able to play for the national team.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:13 am
User avatarPosts: 2491Location: "Nothing is good nor bad; The thought is what makes it so."Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:17 pm
seiya wrote:
MingDynasty11 must be the most unhappy guy becoz Yao didn't out play big Z

Yeah and cuz I gotta hear all week that the Cavs beat the Rockets. Gawd can this get any worse? I feel like I wanted Duke to win that game against LSU and LSu won. :evil:

Offline Profile