<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game 65 Rockets vs. Mavericks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:39 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:42 pm
User avatarPosts: 2237Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:42 am
superjohn wrote:
victorhe wrote:
So

1. Changing JVG can't be really done
2. replace all the scrubs can't be easily done
3. T-Mac's back can't be healed easily

Conclusion:

1. Yao really needs to get out ROx as soon as he can, and find a team like LA or cleveland.
(demand a trade like T-MAc did)

2. Get a new GM and fire JVG and ship all the scrub players to NBDL, and trade some more useful players instead of some old new yorkers.

Man, wasting time like this in the Rox is totally not worth it.

Yao for Mihm or Yao for Igaukus?

Ya, you got a good point, there is no way any of these trades will be satisfied to the Houstonian. That's why I am hoping Yao demand a trade and hopefully pull a trade similar to the one Vince Carter had.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:44 pm
Ree, great post, man! I totally agree with you on the off the ball movement or lack of. I've said many times it's true that defense win games, but you've got to knock down shots on the other end as well. Without Tmac and DW, no matter how cold they are, rox offensive spacing is just horrible. It's too predictable with this bunch and JVG's game plan. Post up Yao, let him work under single coverage; when doubled, let Yao pass to perimeter for a long jumper. There are no cuts from any angle at all. Yao only gets a few hand-off passes to a cutting Head, or over the head drop passes to a cutting JH/SS. rox players most of the time just stand around and watch Yao and Tmac go to work. I'm tired of the rox offense, and I think it's time to bring in some help. The assistant head coach is doing a great job with Yao, so he needs to stay. As to Ewing, Ward, and other coaching staff, they need to move.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:44 pm
shokenchi wrote:
hoopfan wrote:
shokenchi wrote:
rickevin wrote:
I didn't get to watch the game. But just caught a snippet on NBA TV where JVG is criticising Yao for not playing good defense. Did Yao play badly on the defensive end tonight?

jvg always blame yao cuz da scrubs cant do sh-t
JVG said is upset that Yao only got one Rebound in the second half and he also stated that Yao Ming's defense has been poor the last three games. He did however say he has been great on the offensive end.

defense is a team effort. yao did his job by shutting down mavs centers. da scrubs couldnt do ****** defensively
I guess JVG expects Yao to be Superman both on offense and defense. I thought we got Stromile Swift to help with rebounding but I guess I was wrong. :twisted:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:47 pm
superjohn wrote:
victorhe wrote:
So

1. Changing JVG can't be really done
2. replace all the scrubs can't be easily done
3. T-Mac's back can't be healed easily

Conclusion:

1. Yao really needs to get out ROx as soon as he can, and find a team like LA or cleveland.
(demand a trade like T-MAc did)

2. Get a new GM and fire JVG and ship all the scrub players to NBDL, and trade some more useful players instead of some old new yorkers.

Man, wasting time like this in the Rox is totally not worth it.

Yao for Z of course! Tmac and Z will form a new dymanic duo in the West, while Yao and LBJ can soak in sorrow in the roting East. :mrgreen:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:49 pm
superjohn wrote:

Won't happen unless both CD and JVG is brain dead. Right now JVG is brain dead ( critising Yao for scoring 36 points proved it) CD has not.
So we are at the 50% right now.

I hope to see Yao in Lakers uniform next year! I believe he will do fine with Kobe.

JVG simply sucks from day 1. I remember rockets could have hired Dunleyvy Sr. He's turning clippers around but JVG is turning rockets down.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:51 pm
Posts: 890Location: Pasadena, USAJoined: Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:54 pm
There's no way Rockets will trade Yao to Lakers or any other team. Not by the way he's been playing lately, they will sack JVG before that happens.

Yao shouldn't have signed that max contract with Houston earlier this season.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:52 pm
User avatarPosts: 2237Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:42 am
jacksurf wrote:
superjohn wrote:

Won't happen unless both CD and JVG is brain dead. Right now JVG is brain dead ( critising Yao for scoring 36 points proved it) CD has not.
So we are at the 50% right now.

I hope to see Yao in Lakers uniform next year! I believe he will do fine with Kobe.

JVG simply sucks from day 1. I remember rockets could have hired Dunleyvy Sr. He's turning clippers around but JVG is turning rockets down.

Hey man, you are absolutely right. Dunleay is a slightly better guy. However, his team has better talents than all the rox scrubs though right.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:52 pm
Posts: 890Location: Pasadena, USAJoined: Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:54 pm
We will probably get a lottery pick this year, let's get JJ Reddick, he's an awesome shooter.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:55 pm
Posts: 8233Location: GuangxiJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:14 pm
whether rox makes or misses playoffs, it aint the end. i expect rox to be contender next year if tmac stays healthy and we get new coach.

Offline Profile