<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game 64 Rox vs. New Jersey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:16 pm
User avatarPosts: 1537Location: AZJoined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:54 am
My point exactly. we would have won if we let Yao take all the shots !
He'll be a shooting, rebounding, blocking machine. Just dish the ball to Yao.
paopao wrote:
if yao had made 91 pts......... we dont need other player to score ..............

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:17 pm
We'll win the next 5 games.. trust me.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:20 pm
Good game. We are closer to the number one overall pick! :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:25 pm
Posts: 217Location: CA/ShanghaiJoined: Sat Nov 01, 2003 7:45 pm
maverickasian wrote:
My point exactly. we would have won if we let Yao take all the shots !
He'll be a shooting, rebounding, blocking machine. Just dish the ball to Yao.
paopao wrote:
if yao had made 91 pts......... we dont need other player to score ..............

i'd like to see that too if yao's stamina can hold up.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:29 pm
FOUND THIS ON CRAIGSLIST

HELP WANTED
------------------

TALL, ATHLETIC, SHOOTER THAT CAN HIT 3PTS W/CONSISTENCY.
WILL ABLE TO CUT , SLASH AND DRIVE FOR LAYUPS. TEAM ORIENTED PLAYER. REBOUNDING ABILITY PRE-REQUISITE.

SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE.
CONTACT HOUSTON ROCKETS EMPLOYMENT OFFICE .

1-800-ROX-HELP

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:32 pm
This game was very disappointing. I haven't seen a Rocket game on TV for a while and was shocked to see how poorly they've done today.

There's one thing that really stood out to me. Maybe 9 of 17 sounds decent in a box score, but if any of you saw the game, I think you'd agree Yao's STILL NOT getting enough touches!

I'm not complaining this after we've lost, I was screaming at the TV during the game because I knew if we kept playing like this, we'd lose.

Juan Howard did FIVE post moves when he was clearly not shooting well. I don't mind him taking and missing the jumpers, but I have a serious problem with him posting up the likes of Vince Carter and Jefferson when Yao's on the other side being guarded one on one by very average centers.

WHAT IS SO F**KING DIFFICULT ABOUT SWINGING THE BALL TO YAO'S SIDE????

I'm really beginning to see why J Howard went from team to team in his prime. He's a decent player, but he has very little passion for the game. He's more like a politician, he knows he needs to have his shot attempts to look like an important player, so he tries to get his 10-15 shot attempts no matter what. Everybody wants to win, but in his heart, he doesn't REALLY care, he's there for the pay check, so he goes through the motion. It doesn't mean he won't give an effort, but his effort is mindless.

I was going out of my mind watching Yao standing helplessly on the other side while J Howard worked on his isolation play, can anybody, ANYBODY tell me what in ther world an isolation of J Howard can serve?

Then there was Rafer Alston. I know Bogens threw up a ton of bricks and Alston's shooting weren't aweful compared to the others, but I really don't understand his decisions sometimes. ONE OUT OF TWO chances when he was bringing the ball down and roaming on the perimeter, he just flat out skipped Yao, while Yao was scorching hot all game long.

We are not talking about this happening during running, this was when the Rocket offense was set and Yao already established a decent position. I understand that you want to throw the defense a bit variety, but that's when you are even or ahead, when you are down, you stick with the best option until the defense adjusts. This was so upsetting while I was watching the game, I mean, I've never proposed to trade Alston and I'm not doing that now, but still, what was he thinking???

The offense was set, Yao's facing Alston demanding the ball with Collins or Robinson ON HIS BACK, it wasn't even a fronting or double team, and Alston SWINGS THE BALL to the other side... WHY??????

I understand you want to have a balanced attack most of the time, but if Yao had to score 81 to win the game, you don't want him to score 79! Yao was clearly, clearly on top of his game, he lived on the foul line tonight, New Jersey had no answer for him, why not just dump the ball into his hands and let him work???

During the fourth quarter, there was this one play when there was a scramble near New Jersey's basket, both Yao and J Howard were under there and Alston passed to J Howard! The guy threw up a brick and didn't draw a foul, I really don't get it... is Alston just so much smarter than I am and was seeing shots that I couldn't see???? It was so ridiculous.

To compound the issue, they started to pass to Yao when the offense wasn't set near the end of the game because they were starting to panic. There was this play where Carter was guarding the perimeter guy ( I forgot who it was), the guy tried to throw to Yao, so Carter started to back down toward Yao, the guy threw the ball anyway while Yao was sandwiched by players, so of course Carter tipped the ball with his long arms.

I just really don't understand Rockets' players. I don't like Van Gundy at all, but is it he or is it just players with zero basketball IQ??? I can't imagine they are all just dummies, so maybe it is Van Gundy who's confused his players to the point that they think as long as they scramble for loose balls, they are on the coach's good term. Come on, I like a player who hustles, too, but how about knowing the fundamentals of basketball?

Talking about fundamentals... how about sinking a LAYUP once in a while???? I'm so mad... this was a game we should have won.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:53 pm
In my opinion, it's the lack of dynamic slashers, esp. w/o tmac. JVG offense really has no weakside movement once Yao establishes any type of position. Combined with zone defense rules, this makes it more difficult for post players to get true isolation ala hakeem or even ewing (he had some JVG glory days believe it or not). This isn't so bad if someone would make an outside shot!! defense collapsed on Yao in second half especially, leading to those deflections and blocked shots. The same thing happens to Shaq, except Miami does a better job moving and cutting with Haslem and DW = better spacing.

on a semi-related note: would JJ Redick be available/a good fit?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:54 pm
User avatarPosts: 4156Location: Welcome to Ca|i Ca|i!!!!!!!Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:22 pm
another disappointed game. good stuff from yao though.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:27 pm
User avatarPosts: 58994Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:32 pm
User avatarPosts: 58994Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
pryuen wrote:

I would take these 2 guys (Scott Padgett and Bostjan Nachbar) back with no blink for the eyes for some of the current brick-laying scrubs/team mates of Yao Ming !!! :twisted:

Offline Profile