<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game 42 Rockets vs. T-Wolves

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:20 pm
User avatarPosts: 59324Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Rockza wrote:
yea especially after a great comeback led by Hayes and Swift. But I got to blame Hayes here, he missed 3 layups, each of which would have given us the lead and the momentum...

Blame it on Chuck Hayes, a rookie on 10-day contract ??? :roll:

Give that guy a break.
He played his heart out in O&D, 12 points/7 rebounds and got fouled out.

Most of his shots were blocked by Garnett.......who I consider the best power forwards in the whole NBA. What can you expect from Chuck Hayes, 4 to 5 inches shorter ??

If you have to blame, blame it on some other star players of the Rockets...people like T-Mac or Wesley missing their 3-pointers in that last minute of the game.
Any one of those two 3-pointer made would have changed the result of this game. :roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:26 pm
pryuen wrote:
Rockza wrote:
yea especially after a great comeback led by Hayes and Swift. But I got to blame Hayes here, he missed 3 layups, each of which would have given us the lead and the momentum...

Blame it on Chuck Hayes, a rookie on 10-day contract ??? :roll:

Give that guy a break.
He played his heart out in O&D, 12 points/7 rebounds and got fouled out.

Most of his shots were blocked by Garnett.......who I consider the best power forwards in the whole NBA. What can you expect from Chuck Hayes, 4 to 5 inches shorter ??

If you have to blame, blame it on some other star players of the Rockets...people like T-Mac or Wesley missing their 3-pointers in that last minute of the game.
Any one of those two 3-pointer made would have changed the result of this game. :roll:

Wait, just because he is a rookie doesnt mean he gets a free pass. He did great and I did give him credit in my post. If I can give him credit for doing well, why cant I criticize him for bad plays as well??
There is no excuse for missing three layups. If KG is so much taller than him and great blocker then pass the damn ball geez :roll: Most of his shots were blocked by KG??? Dont talk out of your a$$ if you didnt watch the game :roll: :roll: the three layups I am talking about, only 1 was blocked by KG the other two he plain missed!!

Of course I would blame TMac even if he scores 50 points but missed three layups in key situations and we lose. You get 3 points for a reason, and the average shooting percent of 3 point shots are low for a reason, its because it is the toughest shot. You would have to be an idiot to blame the whole loss on not making the last second 3 point shot.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:59 pm
User avatarPosts: 59324Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Rockza wrote:

You would have to be an idiot to blame the whole loss on not making the last second 3 point shot.

My point is you don't blame a loss to a particular player or a particular shot or shots. :roll:

It is about the team....
whether the team has the intensity, the resiliency, the energy and the passion to be able to overcome adversity at those last minutes of play.

Unforuntately the Rockets dug out a 12-point hole in 2Q that they never managed to climb out of, even though they had the chance to do so in 4Q.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:02 pm
User avatarPosts: 10633Location: PhillyJoined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:03 am
I see we lost again...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:48 pm
Do you guys think the mask that TMAC wore had affected his FG% or that just the Timberwolves played tough defense on him ??

PHOTO GALLERY

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:34 pm
User avatarPosts: 6559Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
rox made kevin mchale look like the executive of the year 2nite.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:35 pm
User avatarPosts: 4321Location: Harvard MedJoined: Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:48 pm
hooray for swift. Too bad we lost. None-the-less, it was still a close match.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:37 pm
User avatarPosts: 4321Location: Harvard MedJoined: Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:48 pm
T-Mac looks retarded/extra groggy with his face mask on. Quite amusing if nothing else.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:14 am
When will Jeff Van Grumpy realize that Swift is superior to Bowen? Jeez

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:25 am
User avatarPosts: 3746Location: NJJoined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:05 pm
that must be nasty to wear with the sweat stuck inside the mask...

Offline Profile