<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Yao is now being compared to big z?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:55 pm
User avatarPosts: 3021Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:34 am
I know yao isnt the best centre in the league or neither one of the top players in the nba, but the funny thing is, a lot of people said they;d rather have big z over yao. I mean wtf is that? Anythign that big z can do, Yao can do even better. Are these people dumb or what?

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=464919

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:26 pm
User avatarPosts: 4900Location: PhilippinesJoined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:06 pm
LOL I know what you mean. I was one of the posters there. I couldnt beleive how many people chose Z over Yao. Just goes to show how Yao gets hated on.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:28 pm
People are morons. To a lot of people, Yao is just Rik Smits. Greg Anthony, a PROFESSIONAL commentator, once said Yao was the SECOND best 7'6 player ever, after Manute Bol. :roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:37 pm
User avatarPosts: 7214Location: Austin, TX Home of the RoseBowl Champions and NCAA basketball champions.Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 am
They're right. Big Z is a much more valuable center than Yao. Just read my addition to the thread.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:08 pm
User avatarPosts: 6559Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
i think a lot of yao haters have never seriously watched yao's game. not many big men draw double or triple teaming like yao does.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:19 am
dumb fools

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:06 am
User avatarPosts: 109Location: canadaJoined: Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:27 pm
i don't understand why people who would choose a so-so player like Z would be on the yaomingmania forum... b/c they can't find a Z forum, or b/c they want to bash yao for no reason, or b/c they are all the same ppl w different usernames trying to stir up trouble on the site...!? i mean, if this were a general basketball forum i would understand, or even a comparison between yao and shaq or against amare... but Z who at the very height of his career a few years ago was 17/7 compared to yao, who hasn't even peaked and had 20/9 last season??? man, zydrunas doesn't even qualify as a 'has been' cause he's never 'been' the real thing. yao already 'is' all that and promises to be a lot more... z? he's been going downhill since his peak 17/7... what more is there to say???? IT'S AN INSULT TO COMPARE ZYDRUNAS W YAO, Z IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO YAO'S LEVEL EVEN WHEN Z WAS AT HIS PEAK!!! this comparison is just bs and we shouldn't even qualify this thread w any more responses

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:19 am
User avatarPosts: 6559Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
bananappeal wrote:
i don't understand why people who would choose a so-so player like Z would be on the yaomingmania forum... b/c they can't find a Z forum, or b/c they want to bash yao for no reason, or b/c they are all the same ppl w different usernames trying to stir up trouble on the site...!? i mean, if this were a general basketball forum i would understand, or even a comparison between yao and shaq or against amare... but Z who at the very height of his career a few years ago was 17/7 compared to yao, who hasn't even peaked and had 20/9 last season??? man, zydrunas doesn't even qualify as a 'has been' cause he's never 'been' the real thing. yao already 'is' all that and promises to be a lot more... z? he's been going downhill since his peak 17/7... what more is there to say???? IT'S AN INSULT TO COMPARE ZYDRUNAS W YAO, Z IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO YAO'S LEVEL EVEN WHEN Z WAS AT HIS PEAK!!! this comparison is just bs and we shouldn't even qualify this thread w any more responses

big Z is a good player. the comparison thread is in realgm, not here in YMM

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:09 pm
I'd rather have Yao on my team over Ilgauskus. However, I don't think Yao is that much better. I'd prefer Rik Smits over Yao though.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:18 pm
User avatarPosts: 10633Location: PhillyJoined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:03 am
tharock220 wrote:
They're right. Big Z is a much more valuable center than Yao. Just read my addition to the thread.

Post some reasons please. :roll:

Offline Profile