<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game 11, Houston vs Dallas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:56 pm
Posts: 1589Location: HoustonJoined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:06 am
dodonose wrote:
stro and yao have no chemistry. to be honest, i don't think stro even likes yao. i think stro shooting that 3 was a call for help. i have a feeling stro's gonna blow anytime now. from his reactions on the bench, he's not a happy camper.

happy camper? tell me who is under jvg right now. :)

one thing i didn't understand was why would they call plays for ss. wasn't he brought in for the rebounds and help defense mainly? if you want to run a play for ss, might as well do a p&r and hope he can get roll and get the ball within a step or 2 of dunk range.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:56 pm
PaidInFull wrote:
chinese_fob wrote:
will u guys who complain ever learn? All this passing the buck is not going to make Yao a better player because if I said it once I say it again -- Yao is going to be a good player in the NBA, not a superstar, not a franchise player, but can be a spectacular 2nd or 3rd option on a team.

How many friggin superstars let a no-name rookie like HEAD outscored him and take more shots? The point is Yao will never take charge to be a leader. This is not bashing. YOu can not change a man's nature. You think Kobe or Lebron would let a friggin sucky rookie take more shots and lead the team? pathetic indeed.

Uh oh. Now everyone's going to attack you and call you a traitor. All because your post is right on.

No, I'll merely accuse you of homosexuality.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:57 pm
chinese_fob wrote:
will u guys who complain ever learn? All this passing the buck is not going to make Yao a better player because if I said it once I say it again -- Yao is going to be a good player in the NBA, not a superstar, not a franchise player, but can be a spectacular 2nd or 3rd option on a team.

How many friggin superstars let a no-name rookie like HEAD outscored him and take more shots? The point is Yao will never take charge to be a leader. This is not bashing. YOu can not change a man's nature. You think Kobe or Lebron would let a friggin sucky rookie take more shots and lead the team? pathetic indeed.

Thank you Captain Obvious. Repeat ad infinitum

I foresee in the future

chinese_fob
(obvious ****** repeated. "also yao sucks")

PaidInFull
GENIUS. These guys are all blind and biased, they cannot see the truth that you preach!

Last edited by .:Firestorm:. on Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:58 pm
Posts: 1319Location: New YorkJoined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 4:52 pm
excellent post chuck. yao needs to come forward and try to carry the team. if the team falters, he needs to come out and take responsibility for it. either way, he needs to take that risk and step forward.

Chuck wrote:
the rockets as a team didn't play any better tonight. what was kinda illusional was the performance by head, the only bright spot. other than that, we still see a team that plays fairly good defense, but extremely poor and predictable offense, with no effective 4's (which is fatal particularly in the west).

another possible bright spot was that we saw some guard penetrations leading to some baskets. but dallas is a weak team defensively. so that is yet to be confirmed in the next few games.

yao disappeared in the 2nd half (again). he scored 15 with 5 reb's in the first and ended up with only 20 and 7. there are many factors that made this happen, but regardless, when t-mac is out and the team badly needed a win, he did not step up. and man, the missed layup and rebounds in the 4th make him look so bad.

as a big big yao-fan, i have to admit for the first time ever that i am very disappointed at yao tonight. he has to understand in the current situation, he is the one who has to step up every game and make a name for himself. so far i haven't seen him doing anything close to that.

that being said, i haven't lost confidence in yao - yet. i think he still deserves a chance to prove himself. i still hold the position that t-mac needs to sit out a few more games before he is totally ok to play. but the window for yao isn't getting any wider. he needs to do something.

i can imagine a few more losses will stir a lot of turbulence for yao personally and for this team.

doesn't look good right now.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:01 pm
Yao is how he is. What happens in the future, whatever

What is suspect is people coming on to the board just to repeat that he sucks over and over again

YOU ARE CLEVER

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:05 pm
chinese_fob wrote:
calyp wrote:
last season, when tmac first came over, the rox force fed yao and the results are similar.yao had bad FG% and low pts. So, yao is simply not comfortable being the obvious target every time. his size will always make him slower than "normal" sized players.his passive nature will never let hi bully his way to a good position consistently.

let's face it, yao has had 4 yrs of opportunity, every fukkin season is suppose to be his breakout and yet it hasn't and now it never will. he will be the best "mega size" player ever but that is still below a 20/10. JVG may be stupid, but no one keeps yao out of the paint except his own lack of consistent desire and strength.

calyp, what happened? u were once a great Yao fan. I guess you finally see the light.

LOL dumbass

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:09 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:19 pm
Posts: 1589Location: HoustonJoined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:06 am
look at the 6th pic in the middle. lol. wasn't that an offensive foul by terry with his left arm?

well maybe not. but i know for sure yao has been called for that as offensive fouls a few times already this season.

("sorry big fella, but you're an easier target to call." - by nba refs)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:22 pm
User avatarPosts: 4900Location: PhilippinesJoined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:06 pm
Man look at all this Yao hating and Yao bashing. You guys are fighting amongst yourselves too see who can bash Yao more.

Jeez, with the way the team is playing lately, did any of you guys REALLY expect to win this game? When you have only ONE offensive threat, how do you expect the opposing defenses to react? A lot of you guys hate on Yao because he supposedly "can't carry his team". If you've got 5 opposing players with their eye on you, I don't think anyone could do any better than Yao did. With the freaking schedule given to us, I bet if TMac was playing and Yao was injured, we wouldn't have won any of these games either.

Basically everybody was expecting the Pistons, Spurs, and Mavs to BLOW US OUT of the building. That we were even ABLE to stay with them until the 4Q (even without TMac, Skip and Sura) shows that we are better than the stats would indicate.

In fact I expect us to LOSE a lot more games if TMac doesn't come back soon. But it doesn't matter coz in the end, we ARE MAKING THE PLAYOFFS. You can count on that.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:25 pm
User avatarPosts: 7214Location: Austin, TX Home of the RoseBowl Champions and NCAA basketball champions.Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 am
HarmLess wrote:
Man look at all this Yao hating and Yao bashing. You guys are fighting amongst yourselves too see who can bash Yao more.

Jeez, with the way the team is playing lately, did any of you guys REALLY expect to win this game? When you have only ONE offensive threat, how do you expect the opposing defenses to react? A lot of you guys hate on Yao because he supposedly "can't carry his team". If you've got 5 opposing players with their eye on you, I don't think anyone could do any better than Yao did. With the freaking schedule given to us, I bet if TMac was playing and Yao was injured, we wouldn't have won any of these games either.

Basically everybody was expecting the Pistons, Spurs, and Mavs to BLOW US OUT of the building. That we were even ABLE to stay with them until the 4Q (even without TMac, Skip and Sura) shows that we are better than the stats would indicate.

In fact I expect us to LOSE a lot more games if TMac doesn't come back soon. But it doesn't matter coz in the end, we ARE MAKING THE PLAYOFFS. You can count on that.

We should make the playoffs, but do you want to limp in at #8 and play the Spurs?

Offline Profile