<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game 8 Houston Rockets @ San Antonio Spurs 11/17/05

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:50 pm
tharock220 wrote:
rico wrote:
tharock220 wrote:
Baseball has questec, the NFL has replay, but the NBA "doesn't want to violate the referees power" or something. Screw that, if they make a bad call give them less games. If they go on strike, bring in some hungry refs who will watch instead of going with what they think happened based on who was involved.

Please don't get me started. You think the questec helps baseball? Tell me one game or even one play that questec has changed. Baseball is worth than Basketball. The last postseason showed the imcomptentcy of the umps. I, for one, would not mind the questec fully replace homeplate ump. However, basketball is a totally different story. Basketball is a contact sport. There is nothing the league, or anybody can do, when it comes to a union. Remember last season some refs wore their jersey inside out to protest, and the league took it like a *****.

Dude, without an official replay you can't change judgement call, and we don't need that in baseball since every ball and strike would probably be argued. But questec does give reports on umpires performance and they get to call less games.

A guy blew a call in a World Series a long time ago, and he didn't get to work another one for 20 years. That's how you deal with poor officiating, but David Stern doesn't want to do that.

Are you talking about the blown call against Cards? That ump was back in the game the very next season, and worked in the WS two or three years later. The questec never put a limit or come close to threaten the umps' jobs. I personally know people inside the league and I myself worked for a ball club before. Bud is powerless just as David when they face off the refs. This is a dark area that nobody outside of media wants to touch.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:51 pm
shokenchi wrote:
i think da offense is like yao shoots the first half and tmac shoots the second half.
It seems that way to me too.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:52 pm
User avatarPosts: 6563Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
Key Number:

3 of 16 shots made by our starters other than yao and tmac.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:56 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
From the match photos, you'll know how bad defense the Rockets guards were playing, often exposing Yao Ming to those penetrating guards of Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili. :shock: :evil: :x :twisted:

BOX SCORE

PHOTO GALLERY

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:01 pm
User avatarPosts: 6563Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
pryuen wrote:
From the match photos, you'll know how bad defense the Rockets guards were playing, often exposing Yao Ming to those penetrating guards of Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili. :shock: :evil: :x :twisted:

[/color][/size]

That was expected. Not so many teams can effectively defend both manu and parker.

Yao did a pretty good job when he defended TD. But he couldn't guard him all nite.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:02 pm
seiya wrote:
Key Number:

3 of 16 shots made by our starters other than yao and tmac.
I wish the Rockets had a good offensive assistant coach to go along with JVG.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:06 pm
User avatarPosts: 298Location: Sam Cassell @ Lord of the Rings 2006Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:27 am
hoopfan wrote:

Don't worry, the assistant coach vacancy is being occupied by...*coughing*...Charlie Ward :oops: :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:08 pm
dunleavyjr wrote:
hoopfan wrote:

Don't worry, the assistant coach vacancy is being occupied by...*coughing*...Charlie Ward :oops: :lol:

holy sh^t, no wonder our guards are putting up charlie ward's numbers! :x :P :shock:

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:10 pm
pryuen wrote:
trevianjoe wrote:
Yao seems to have so many strong first half only to fade in the 4th quarter, damn it u are the biggest dude out there, take charge, yell and demand for the bal, he needs to watch all the Young and Dangerous movies... and play basketball with an attitude like Chicken's.... and Chinese dudes are not soft at all, there are plenty of bad asses out there... if WZZ had the fight of Mo Ke, all of America would think Chinese people are too violent....

Did you watch the game like most of us ???

He was ignored most of the time in 2H. In many instances, he was in great low post positions, demanded for the ball, and his team mates either hesitated to pass him the ball, or just decided to shoot or pass to some others out in the perimeter.

I completely agree. What really pisses me off about games like this (besides the loss) is that idiots and unobservant people will say that Yao "choked." Even some people on this board. Yao was absolutely DOMINANT in the first half. No one on the Spurs could stop him. He wasn't even in foul trouble. Then, in the 2nd half, T-Mac tried to take over the game. While he was making shots, the Rockets pretty much shut Yao out of the game. Although T-Mac shot a good percentage in the second half, quite a few of his FGAs were idiotic. He jacked up more than one 3pt shot with Bowen in his face.

Yao did get a couple of touches in the post. He didn't score, but it wasn't a bad thing, because all the Spurs were fouling him. I counted at least 4 or 5 reach in fouls on Yao in the 2nd half. Even though points weren't produced, drawing the foul is STILL a good thing. Possession is maintained, and each foul puts the opposing team closer to the penalty. There was no way the Spurs could have kept that up. Either they defend Yao straight up like they did in the first half (and get killed), or they foul him and give him FTs. Yet, when the Rockets got the ball back after each foul, they wouldn't put the ball back in Yao's hands again, despite the fact that he was producing. The ball just kept getting passed around the perimeter, wasting time. It was retarded. This team is stupid, and infuriating to watch.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:19 pm
User avatarPosts: 4900Location: PhilippinesJoined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:06 pm
tharock220 wrote:

I don't want to wait til midseason. I'm tired of having to wait for the Rockets the win. It's always wait some more games, or wait til next year, wait til tomorrow. When does it all end?

I said wait til midseason before passign judgement on our new guys, not wait til midseason before we start winning.

I said earlier that I would give the Rox 15 to 20 games before I say whether we suck or not.

On a side note, HOW THE FRICKING HELL DOES YAO NOT GET ANY TOUCHES IN THE ENTIRE SECOND HALF? He had ONE FRICKIN SHOT ATTEMPT. He was the only one doing all the work during the first half! Why was he ignored all of a sudden?

Seriously this is getting old. Yao would be phenomenal for 2 quarters a game, but the rest he would be invisible. Sure some games he disappears because he won't take the shots or is in foul trouble. But most of the time it's because NOBODY CARES TO GIVE HIM THE DAMN BALL!

Last edited by HarmLess on Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile