Author Message

<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Preseason game 3 @ San Antonio Spurs Saturday, 7:30 p.m.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:13 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am


One of those very rare match photos postings WITHOUT Yao Ming !!! :oops:

BOX SCORE

PHOTO GALLERY

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:02 pm
User avatarPosts: 307Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 4:31 am
pryuen wrote:

95 vs 87......WIN for the Rockets.

3 out of 3 Wins for the Rockets.....and 4 out of 4 Loss for the Spurs. :shock: :P :P :P

I know it is only the preseason......but the
Rockets is DEFINITELY a BETTER team than last season with much depth from the bench !!!


The spurs have only played 2 games. You are mistaken.

Almost all the 2004-2005 playoff teams (Heat, Mavericks, Pistons, Spurs...) have lost 1 or more 2005-2006 pre-season games.

SS is a smart guy. He knew his future would be bright being with the Rockets.

I'll be surprised if the rockets won't advance to the second series of this season's playoffs games.

The possibility to win the championship is really high for the rockets. The team is truly a champion team now. All the good players are with the rockets. Smart birds find strong tree branches to perch on.


Last edited by Sporttfan on Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:11 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Sporttfan wrote:
The spurs have only played 2 games. You are mistaken.


MIND YOU.....I'm NOT and you ARE mistaken. :roll: :oops: :wink:

They lost to Miami Heat 103 ~ 101 on Oct 10.
They lost to Philadelphia 76ers 100 ~ 88 on Oct 12.
They lost to Washington Wizards 95 ~ 91 on Oct 13.
They now lost to Houston Rockets 95 ~ 87.


And that is 4 out of 4 !!! :P :oops: :wink:


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:23 pm
User avatarPosts: 1008Location: "As far as myself and Yao, we play well together," McGrady said.Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 2:16 am
Sporttfan wrote:
pryuen wrote:

95 vs 87......WIN for the Rockets.

3 out of 3 Wins for the Rockets.....and 4 out of 4 Loss for the Spurs. :shock: :P :P :P

I know it is only the preseason......but the
Rockets is DEFINITELY a BETTER team than last season with much depth from the bench !!!


The spurs have only played 2 games. You are mistaken.

Almost all the 2004-2005 playoff teams (Heat, Mavericks, Pistons, Spurs...) have lost 1 or more 2005-2006 pre-season games.

SS is a smart guy. He knew his future would be bright being with the Rockets.

I'll be surprised if the rockets won't advance to the second series of this season's playoffs games.

The possibility to win the championship is really high for the rockets. The team is truly a champion team now. All the good players are with the rockets. Smart birds find strong tree branches to perch on.

Gosh, you should learn not to challenge Pryuen on info. Most of the time he is right but not all the time. He was caught out, once in a while. :)


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:24 pm
User avatarPosts: 307Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 4:31 am
pryuen wrote:
Sporttfan wrote:
The spurs have only played 2 games. You are mistaken.


MIND YOU.....I'm NOT and you ARE mistaken. :roll: :oops: :wink:

They lost to Miami Heat 103 ~ 101 on Oct 10.
They lost to Philadelphia 76ers 100 ~ 88 on Oct 12.
They lost to Washington Wizards 95 ~ 91 on Oct 13.
They now lost to Houston Rockets 95 ~ 87.


And that is 4 out of 4 !!! :P :oops: :wink:


Pryuen, Where did you get the stats from?

On http://www.nba.com/spurs/ It says:


Today's Game
Rockets 95
Spurs 87

Standings

0-2, Fifth, Southwest


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:28 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Sporttfan wrote:


Pryuen, Where did you get the stats from?


OF COURSE from their official website. WHERE ELSE ??? :roll: :P :oops: :wink:

http://www.nba.com/spurs/schedule/


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:33 pm
User avatarPosts: 307Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 4:31 am
This is strange. I didn't follow the spurs games so I might be wrong.

SOUTHWEST W L PCT GB Conf Div Home Road L 10 Streak
Houston 1 3 0 1.000 0.000 1-0 0-0 1-0 2-0 3-0 Won 3
Memphis 4 2 0 1.000 0.500 0-0 0-0 2-0 0-0 2-0 Won 2
NO/Oklahoma City 5 1 1 0.500 1.500 1-0 0-0 0-0 1-1 1-1 Lost 1
Dallas 7 1 1 0.500 1.500 1-1 0-0 0-0 1-1 1-1 Lost 1
San Antonio 0 2 0.000 2.500 0-1 0-0 0-1 0-1 0-2 Lost 2


Last edited by Sporttfan on Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:42 pm
User avatarPosts: 307Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 4:31 am
Ha Seung-Jin is doing fine with the portland trailblazers.

Played 10 minutes, grabbed 7 rebounds, 3 points in today game.

This guy has potential.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:14 am
User avatarPosts: 4900Location: PhilippinesJoined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:06 pm
temuchin wrote:
did swift GET 3 blocks or get 3 shots blocked? sometimes when he tries to back down his guy near the basket he gets swatted. we saw yao do that to him a few times last year. so either way it wouldn't surprise me.

I didn't see this game. any chinese seeds up in bittorrent?


Swift had 3 blocks, AND had 3 of his shots blocked... He was shown up by Seam Marks, who blcoked 2 of his shots, but he showed up Duncan by blocking 2 of his shots. :)


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:46 am
Posts: 10073Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:10 pm
thx harmless

I downloaded the highlights:

http://***/videos/SpursH ... 05.torrent

stromile is crazy as hell. he took 2 passes from tmac. on one, he goes up, grabs the ball spins 270 degrees in mid air in front of the basket and drops the ball in. on the other, he jumps from outside the lane, DOUBLE pumps and drops the ball in the basket

the 2 blocks they show are crazy too. if you're thinking they're blocks around the basket, they're not. he blocked JUMPERS (+a hook shot!) basically by jumping super fast impossibly high.

he had that dunk from a feed from tmac and had a nice feed back to tmac with his back to the basket. it's gonna be a normal sight to see tmac and swift feeding each other all day this season.

if swift's chemistry with yao is anywhere as good. seriously swift has a chance to be an all star. with the amount the Rox are on TV, and the crazy plays he makes, if his numbers are anywhere close, fans who've never heard of him before WILL vote for him this season after seeing the rockets on TV


Last edited by temuchin on Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Page 19 of 21
201 posts
Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 22 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum