<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  FIBA ASIAN CHAMPIONSHIP Doha, Qatar Sep 8-16

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:58 pm
Posts: 460Location: AtlantaJoined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:37 am
[quote="tiefighter"]On the China side, it is a great experience. You can

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:06 pm
Sun Yue is so skinny!! Did you see his arm. Thinner than mine. If he bulks up he is def NBA mateial, we haven't seen a true PG with brain this tall since Magic!
I predict he and Yao will shine in 2008 Olympics and Sun will be picked in the first round in year 2009 ( maybe earlier) when he is 24...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:23 pm
Posts: 3803Location: Bet on us!Joined: Thu May 27, 2004 2:29 am
jacksurf wrote:
Sun Yue is so skinny!! Did you see his arm. Thinner than mine. If he bulks up he is def NBA mateial, we haven't seen a true PG with brain this tall since Magic!
I predict he and Yao will shine in 2008 Olympics and Sun will be picked in the first round in year 2009 ( maybe earlier) when he is 24...

Yea thats the problem with most kids. They need to bulk up. Look at livingston.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:29 pm
Posts: 873Location: HoustonJoined: Thu Oct 02, 2003 10:13 pm
jacksurf wrote:

Both Sun and Yi need to bulk up badly. That is the disadvantage of Chinese basketball. American players start to hit the weight room since high school.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:40 pm
Posts: 2628Location: Hillsborough, CAJoined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:34 am
jacksurf wrote:

Sun won't be waiting for that long. He is already on the scouts' books. Some site now list him as a second round pick in 2007. If he keeps the pace of improving, he will be a first rounder in 2007.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:41 pm
User avatarPosts: 1042Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:57 pm
China is now 5-0 against Lebanon. I wanted to see China vs Qatar in the final. Playing against qatar on their home court would of been a better game than against Lebanon.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:35 pm
Quote:
Yea thats the problem with most kids. They need to bulk up. Look at livingston.

But Livingston's already proven that he's a quality NBA pg. Rookie stats: 7.4 ppg; 5 apg, in an injury plagued rookie season. Some say he's the next Magic. People are expecting a break-out year from Livingston in his sophmore season. He's definitely triple double material. During the month of April, he averaged over 10 ppg and 7 apg. Unlike Sun Yue who hasn't played against any noteworthy competition, Livingston's already proven he can play with the best in the world. If Livingston improves on his shooting over the off-season, the sky's the limit for him.

Also, considering some draft websites predicted Tang as a second rounder in next year's draft, I wouldn't rely to much on their predictions. NBAdraft.net predicted Sun Yue as being a mid second round selection, so - of course - many people here start hyping him up as the next Magic and a lottery pick, because he played well in a sub-par Asian tournament. Wait until after next year's world championships, before jumping to conclusions on his abilities. We obviously know that one's performance in the CBA doesn't mean much.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:37 pm
User avatarPosts: 58994Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

PHOTO GALLERY of the match actions

PHOTO GALLERY of the post-match celebration

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:40 pm
User avatarPosts: 948Location: Washington, DCJoined: Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:52 pm
er... u r talking about Yi, right? i never heard about him 5 years ago. how do u know he was 6-11 in 2000?
he is listed to be born in 87, but my money is on 85. so that means he really needs to play in the nba or at least europe in the next 2 years.

nomad_balla wrote:
fayg33 wrote:
well...i dont think anyone really know how old is he..but looking at him..i think he can be 18 or 19...

he was 6-11 like 5 years ago....and still 6-11....so he stopped growing when he was what? 15?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:41 pm
User avatarPosts: 10633Location: PhillyJoined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:03 am
seiya wrote:
pryuen wrote:
Sohu.com reported that Yao Ming got 7 blocks in this match !!! :shock:

Only wish he can play like this in the new season at the Rockets. Imagine: 40 minutes of play...... 24 points/16 rebounds/7 block shots !! How sweet that will be !!! :P :oops: :oops: :oops:

keep dreaming :oops: :oops:

If he average that, Yao will be the 2005-2006 MVP! :D

Offline Profile