<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  FIBA ASIAN CHAMPIONSHIP Doha, Qatar Sep 8-16

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:49 am
User avatarPosts: 1008Location: "As far as myself and Yao, we play well together," McGrady said.Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 2:16 am
pryuen wrote:
GoodFellow wrote:
Yes, Yao got 6 assists. I can confirm the assists. Pretty good, getting his team-mates open shots.

Sina.com had it WRONG again...I think. They had it at 3. But I thought China changed tactics tonight. Yao Ming always stay within the key, and the Japanese either fronted him or double-teamed him. He would then pass the ball out to the perimeter for his team mates to hit mid range jumpers or 3-pointers. I counted about 6 assists as well. :oops: :wink:

I think Sina.com report is always unreliable. Ignore what they reported on the game. First hand report from YMM posters are better.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:52 am
User avatarPosts: 1008Location: "As far as myself and Yao, we play well together," McGrady said.Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 2:16 am
pryuen wrote:
superjohn wrote:

Are they making mid range jumpers or 3-pointers consistently?

If they had, then Yao Ming would have a triple-double !!! :roll:

Actually their shooting are not bad for today. 3pts shooting is pretty good.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:05 am
User avatarPosts: 58994Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Photos of Yao Ming and his team mates at pre-match warm-up prior to meeting the Japanese.

PHOTO GALLERY

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:19 am
Compare the two Yaos. Wow! What a difference? That is the effect of playing in NBA.

Image Image

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:24 am
User avatarPosts: 948Location: Washington, DCJoined: Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:52 pm
:x damn, how come they change the schedule?
hope that wont happen tomorrow.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:32 am
I share that with you. Wake up to learn that the game was just over. :(

ZingyDNA wrote:
:x damn, how come they change the schedule?
hope that wont happen tomorrow.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:06 am
China beats Japan 86-53 to celebrate Yao's birthday

www.chinaview.cn 2005-09-12 21:51:30

DOHA, Qatar, Sept. 12 (Xinhuanet) -- Yao Ming scored 16 points and grabbed 13 rebounds to help China beat Japan 86-53, celebrating his 25-year-old birthday at the Asian Men's Basketball Championships here on Monday.

Yao, born on Sep. 12, 1980, was pitched for a brief time in the first and third quarters, but was enough to claim the fourth consecutive win for China in the tournament.

The tournament organizers gave presents to Yao and Mo Ke, whose birthday was on Sept. 8, after China's victory.

Jonas Kaslauskas, China's head coach, said he was satisfied with the Chinese performance for the first time in the event.

"We played great defence in the game at least for 30 minutes out of 40s. I'm very happy with today's win," the Lithuanian coach said.

"We came into today's game with different attitude. That's thereas on we got a beautiful win," said forward Zhu Fangyu, who had 11 points.

After a 6-6 start, Yao scored six points to initiate a 10-0 run for China to lead the game for good.

The three-time champion built up a 37-15 lead in the first half and the gap was extended to 30 points at the end of the third quarter.

"China is a better defensive team and is more experienced than us," said Japan's head coach Zeljko Pavlicevic.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:22 am
Posts: 120Location: houston, texas mothafucka that's where i stay!Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:01 am
will there be a torrent for this game like the other games??

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:47 am
User avatarPosts: 58994Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Not that many match photos of this match yet on sina.com. Have to fetch some from sohu.com.

They maybe waiting for more of the photos from Qatar which may include photos of celebration of Yao Ming's 25th birthday in the locker room, as the Qatar Basketball Association had given Yao Ming a wrist watch and a birthday cake as presents for his birthday.

So click on the following link in an hour's (or two) time to see if more match photos arrive.

PHOTO GALLERY

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:18 am
Posts: 460Location: AtlantaJoined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:37 am
I downloaded and watched the games through BT. My favorite player beside Yao so far is #4, Sun Yue. He's a 6'8" (204cm) PG. Great hops, can assist & penetrate, has good shots, good D (I've seen at least 3 times so far that he chased back and blocked a shot on opponent's fast break).

He's only 19 years old. I see great upside in this kid.

Last edited by kokomo on Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile