<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Playoff Game 7: Rox @ Mavs, Saturday May 7th, 9:30pm EST

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:34 pm
IT DRIVES ME NUTS, THAT JVG DOESN'T REMEMBER WHO GOT THEM THE WIN IN GAME 6. ANOTHER SERIES WASTED BY POOR ROTATION.

FOR A DEFENSIVE MINDED COACH - THE GOOFBALL DOESN'T REALIZE THAT HE HAS A FORMER 3 TIME DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR - AND HE CAN PLAY MORE THAN 4 MINUTES?

HOUSTON DID NOT LOSE TO A BETTER TEAM - THEY LOST BECAUSE THIER OWN COACH FAILED TO MAKE ADJUSTMENTS SINCE THE FIRST QUARTER OF THE GAME.

AVERY PLAYED VAN GUNDY FOR A *******....

EVERYONE IN DALLAS KNOWS THE LONGER YOU KEEP YAO IN THE GAME-THE EASIER IT IS TO SCORE ON HIM....HE IS A GREAT SCORER BUT AN EVEN GREATER LIABILITY ON DEFENCE. THAT IS WHY, WHEN YAO HAS A GREAT GAME - THEY STILL LOSE.

IN THE END - DALLAS PLAYED VAN GUNDY FOR A FOOL.

WE ALL KNOW YAO CAN SCORE - BUT FROM HERE ON - HE HAS TO LEARN - REBOUNDING, MOVING LATERALLY, STAMINA, AND PLAYING DIRTY.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:46 pm
harold wrote:
IT DRIVES ME NUTS, THAT JVG DOESN'T REMEMBER WHO GOT THEM THE WIN IN GAME 6. ANOTHER SERIES WASTED BY POOR ROTATION.

FOR A DEFENSIVE MINDED COACH - THE GOOFBALL DOESN'T REALIZE THAT HE HAS A FORMER 3 TIME DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR - AND HE CAN PLAY MORE THAN 4 MINUTES?

HOUSTON DID NOT LOSE TO A BETTER TEAM - THEY LOST BECAUSE THIER OWN COACH FAILED TO MAKE ADJUSTMENTS SINCE THE FIRST QUARTER OF THE GAME.

EVERYONE IN DALLAS KNOWS THE LONGER YOU KEEP YAO IN THE GAME-THE EASIER IT IS TO SCORE ON HIM....HE IS A GREAT SCORER BUT AN EVEN GREATER LIABILITY ON DEFENCE. THAT IS WHY, WHEN YAO HAS A GREAT GAME - THEY STILL LOSE.

WE ALL KNOW YAO CAN SCORE - BUT FROM HERE ON - HE HAS TO LEARN - REBOUNDING, MOVING LATERALLY, STAMINA, AND PLAYING DIRTY.

PLAYING DIRTY is good, just because you play in USA, not in China..........

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:47 pm
Posts: 52Location: los angelesJoined: Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:50 pm
IAmNotYao wrote:
Pruyen, I think Yao pretty much validated to the whole world that he's not a fighter. The incident was the Josh Howard foul, and Yao wanted to help Howard up. You can argue that Yao has sportsmanship, or he's a gentleman, etc. but in NBA (especially game 7), you just don't do that. I never SAW any opponents trying to help Yao up when he's down. That's just weak I thought.

It's all about "Friendhsip", my friend. Mr. Yao is way beyond being just a rich NBA player, he view himself also as the "goodwill ambassador". (but his goodwill does not represent all of us - at least not me!)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:49 pm
harold wrote:

What you say is partly true. I personally think Bowen deserves a lot more play time. And MJ should have come out on the floor in the 1Q when Sura allowed Terry to take a couple open 3's. But I have to disagree that Yao has great defensive liability. He does not defend as well as Mutombo, but he did his job well tonight. You can't say that 5 Blocks is bad defense.

The major problems is that the Rox perimeter defenders cannot keep up with the Mavs dribblers. I saw this happening several times during this game. Also, JVG's defense strategy of asking Yao to step out of the paint to help out the perimeter defending is leaving the weak side open. Doug Collins (I believe it's him) said that during one such play tonight.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:53 pm
I think Johnson did a fine coaching job tonight, getting his team mentally prepared.

JVG on the other hand had not done a good enough job getting the Rox players mentally ready. They came onto the court "inhibited", instead of "liberated" starting off from 1Q.

Or, could it be the AA center?

Last edited by ninamu on Sat May 07, 2005 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:56 pm
User avatarPosts: 59203Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Lots of match photos from sina.com. But not that interested anymore to post them here. Just pick all the Yao Ming ones. :cry:

BOX SCORE

PHOTO GALLERY

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:58 pm
byebye, guys...... next year...............

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 11:03 pm
Posts: 8230Location: GuangxiJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:14 pm
adios.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 11:13 pm
User avatarPosts: 948Location: Washington, DCJoined: Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:52 pm
look at the bright side: we won 3 postseason games this year, its gonna be 4 or more next year. :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 11:15 pm
Posts: 363Location: North CalJoined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 11:52 am
Dang, another exit on the first round. At least Yao got a double-double and showed Dumpier who is the most "DOMINANT" center in the west is. Well, there is always "next year" .

Last edited by Forgottopayrentshit! on Sat May 07, 2005 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile