<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  rockets - mavs playoff game 5, may 2, 2005 (8pm est)

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:16 pm
User avatarPosts: 58994Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:16 pm
[quote]Here's my report for tonight, folks, on the YaoMingFanClub.com Mania page. This is the most angry I have ever been for a game.

MONDAY, 5/2/05 - UNDER PROTEST OF THE IDIOTIC REFS WHO ROBBED THE ROCKETS FROM A CHANCE TO TIE THE GAME DOWN THE STRETCH IN GAME 5, I DOUBT I CAN GATHER MY COMPOSURE TO DO A GAME SUMMARY. THIS IS A FIRST IN YAOMINGFANCLUB.COM HISTORY. HOW CAN I COVER A SPORT THAT IS OFFICIATED BY BUFFOONS?
FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO SAW THE GAME, YOU KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT. HOW CAN A GUY STEAL THE BALL WITH 2 FEET OUT OF BOUNDS? IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT, YOU'LL SEE IT ON ESPN. THAT'S JUST ONE EXAMPLE OF THE INCOMPETENCE DISPLAYED BY THE OFFICIALS. AMATEURS. IMBECILES.[/quote]

This game will go down as the turning point we all agonize over during the summer if (and a BIG if hopefully) the Mavericks win the series. Can't help but think that the refs had it in the back of their minds to screw JVG after his comments on their bias.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:17 pm
Site AdminPosts: 467Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 1:32 am
This is the beauty of the forum. We can rag on the NBA and there is nothing they can do to us. ESPN can't shut us down. NBA.com can't shut us down.

Who is the name of the official on the baseline who called all these bad calls. He not only needs to be fired, he needs to be publicly humiliated...here on this forum.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:18 pm
It's about time for the refs to stop kidding themselves and put on the Mav uniform

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:20 pm
User avatarPosts: 3746Location: NJJoined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:05 pm
Why does JVG wear a green bracelet on his arm?

I think the official's name was Bennetto Salvetto or soemthing like that- not positive.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:21 pm
damn, never thought I'd ever see John make an angry post.

I'm with you though. each game I think the officiating cant be worse yet there's been calls in every game that may well have cost Rox the win in each case.

HELL YAH JVG. you know he's been wanting to speak out all year but needed solid evidence (from his ref contact) before doing so. he's a smart man, he certainly knew there was gonna be retaliation from the officials and/or NBA. Reminds me of the knicks-heat brawl years ago. van gundy takes it to the mat for his players. I've already sent 2 emails to the NBA.

yao played pretty well, at this point I think the bad calls are messing with tmac and yao's young minds. the missed free throws, the strips, the errant last second shots ... seems like they've let down in their concentration knowing the games are stacked against them

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:21 pm
Site AdminPosts: 467Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 1:32 am
Ya'll should see the home page of what I put on YaoMingFanClub.com. See the upper left corner. The NBA might try to crack down on me for being so disparaging of the officials for a site as visible as this one. But for now, I don't care.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:23 pm
User avatarPosts: 4321Location: Harvard MedJoined: Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:48 pm
Man, look at Yao dunking over all those Dallas pepz. Dampier ain't got ish on him.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:24 pm
I just came back from class where i heard the Rox had lost. I know how it seem like right now guys but the Rox can still win this. If they can take care of their home court next game the series will be in the air. Keep the faith!

I got to see most of the game (except the last 3 mins) and i have to say Yao has lived up to my expectations so far. Shaq got swept out of the playoffs quite a few times. Losing in the first round, especially at this stage of his career, is not the end of the world. Yao has shown that he belongs in the playoffs for years to come. I believe we are one solid player away from being a perennial championship contender. The front office of the Rox made smart aggressive moves this year and there is no reason to believe they will stop next year.

Its not over till its over. Be proud! The Mavs have been a solid team for a while now. Its not like they are losing to a bunch of losers that got into the playoffs by pure luck.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:28 pm
another thing that ticked me was this:

on one play in 3rd a loose ball went out of bound. Ref1 call the out of bound on Finley. Finley was visibly upset and the refs stop the game. On the replay, it shows that the ball brushed very close to Finley but it didn't touch him. After 20 seconds of discussion, the decision was reversed and Mav gets to inbound.

This is good and fair officiating. Now the big question is how come Houston never got any review and reversed bad call? Van Gundy spotted the out-of-bound-ball-stealing play and he was talking with an official face to face immediately. The outcome? Nothing changed, Stack sank two ft and Mav up by 5.

Offline Profile