<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Playoff Game 3: Dallas Mavs at Houston Rockets

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:51 pm
SirRebus wrote:
well, Yao will have a killer game next!

Yao's line was 15 points 10 rebounds on 7-11 FG, 2 assists and 2 TO. The last TO was definitely a foul as three defenders reached in to hit him from behind when Yao face only and underneath the basket.

Yao had a very respectable performance considering the Mav's double teamed him all night. The Rockets got a lot of open shots because of the double team. They just missed to many.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:51 pm
Iconoclastic wrote:
The last few days were good while they lasted.

A lot of people deserve blame for this loss- JVG for not calling timeouts when Mavs were making their run and not motivating the players properly, the refs for screwing Yao the whole night, Yao for losing several KEY rebounds and not being mentally tough when the Mavs made their run, Sura for the turnovers and his usual lack of passing to Yao, the Toyota Center fans for not being loud enough (it seems like Roger Clemens was the only really demonstrative fan there).

I predicted a 6-7 game series before it started, and it's continuing to be realized.

To be fair, JVG did call his time out twice in that span of time. But after the time outs, Rocket continues to be ineffective thanks to the officiating. If you watch how Dallas defend the screen and roll, you can't help laughing.

They chased TMac and wraped him up with both hands. TMac was wrestled almost to the ground several times and couldn't move. But of course no call.

They double and treble teamed Yao before he had the ball, pushing and hitting him all the time. Of course, no call. But once, Yao was so angry and use his big body to back down Dirk. Dirk backed out and Yao fell on the ground. Yes, there was a call - against Yao.

:(

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:53 pm
User avatarPosts: 3321Location: L AJoined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:07 am
dallas will get momentum going into this game.

i knew they'd come out w/ their best shot tonight. no one wants to go down 0-3. rox should regroup and take game 4 to put mavs back on the ropes

Offline Profile
User avatarPosts: 3746Location: NJJoined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:05 pm
Yao, JVG, someone, needs to publicly complain about hte refs like Mark Cuban does. Who cares if they fine you a measly $10K?

Offline Profile
Someone could check the play book and advised me whether that should a foul call.

Dallas ran interference without the ball against TMac and Yao all night long to block their movement.

That's the main reason why you can't see TMac and Yao move much because they were interfered in addition to those pushes and wrapping.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:56 pm
jaisrh wrote:
The Rockets missed some open shots after they were up 8 in the 4th quarter to let the Mavericks get on a 20-0 run. Not only that, the Rockets only shot 17-25 on free throws.

The lack of concentration and intensity, especially in the middle of the 4th quarter is what cost them the game.

I hope this loss does'nt come back to haunt them. I predict that the Rockets will play hungry again in game 4 and win because they definitely lost that hunger tonight.

Yes, that's true. But 3-8 from three point line in the fourth quarter was not too bad. Yet, 2-10 mid-range and close-range by TMac, Yao and Sura was not good either. Partly of that of course was because of defensive foul without call.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:56 pm
User avatarPosts: 948Location: Washington, DCJoined: Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:52 pm
KVH was hurt... too bad :?
who hurt him :?: he is reponsible for the loss :wink:
cant let one loss change rox from champ caliber to first round castaway.
i guess we have to take it one game at a time...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:09 pm
User avatarPosts: 59203Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
So Magic Johnson and Constantine Maroulis, the American Idol 2005 contestant, were amongst the spectators to come and support the Rockets ??? :roll:

BOX SCORE

PHOTO GALLERY

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:10 pm
Posts: 363Location: North CalJoined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 11:52 am
Hey, did you guys see Dirk push and bi@tch at Shawn Bradley at the end of the second quarter with one second left on regulation. Dirk is a whiny Bi@tch! If I was Bradley man I would have slugged his uber nazi head off!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:21 pm
User avatarPosts: 401Location: INAJoined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 10:31 pm
zass17 wrote:
piyong wrote:
Wind-Rider wrote:
pryuen wrote:
zass17 wrote:
8:14 - Shooting foul
8:14 HOU - Layup by Y. Ming. Assist: J. Barry
8:21 HOU - S. Padgett offensive rebound
8:22 HOU - M. James misses a 26-foot three-pointer from the left wing
8:45 DAL - Layup by M. Finley. Assist: J. Terry

shooting foul on who?

8:14 - Official timeout
8:14 DAL - Personal foul on D. Nowitzki
8:19 HOU - S. Padgett offensive rebound
8:22 HOU - M. James misses a 26-foot three-pointer from the left wing

if it was dirt they would count it. the ref SUCK

!@#$%^&*()(*&^%$ The layup and And 1 from Yao Ming was not counted. Only a foul from Nowitzki. WTF !!!! :evil: :x :twisted:

According Yahoo! Officials: Bernie Fryer, Jess Kersey, Scott Foster

Which one of thats three official who whistle foul and cancelled 3pts Yao plays?
what you gonna hit them? it's done seal, rox lost, make sure it is 3-1 for sure next game!!!!! or things are gonna get ugly.

I want graving his picture and curse him never see the sun in his whole live and can not pee as well.

Offline Profile