<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game 70 Rockets @ Spurs March 27nd, 1:00PM EST

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:12 pm
User avatarPosts: 3746Location: NJJoined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:05 pm
Who cares, the Rox are mos def in the playoffs. Just don't let the players get injured. The question is which seed do we want?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:15 pm
User avatarPosts: 4156Location: Welcome to Ca|i Ca|i!!!!!!!Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:22 pm
Rox only had 2 players (t mac and yao) in double figure scoring. TOs was the determine factor in this game.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:15 pm
Be careful with unreasonable expectations. This is only the first year of the Yao-Tmac combo. They are both young and Yao will in fact mature with time believe it or not. I blame it all on the "i have to have it all NOW!" mentality in this culture. :roll:

I still remember when Jermaine Oneal was nothing but a bench warmer for like... ever. And seriously, i feel so sorry for Milicic it aint funny. At least Yao is getting better however slowly. His passes are less turnover prone now and he is moves faster than he used to. He has 2 main problems that are both common issues of inexperience. He makes silly fouls and he doenst know how to get his points consistently. That all will improve mark my words.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:17 pm
User avatarPosts: 3746Location: NJJoined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:05 pm
daernoth wrote:
Be careful with unreasonable expectations. This is only the first year of the Yao-Tmac combo. They are both young and Yao will in fact mature with time believe it or not. I blame it all on the "i have to have it all NOW!" mentality in this culture. :roll:

I still remember when Jermaine Oneal was nothing but a bench warmer for like... ever. And seriously, i feel so sorry for Milicic it aint funny. At least Yao is getting better however slowly. His passes are less turnover prone now and he is moves faster than he used to. He has 2 main problems that are both common issues of inexperience. He makes silly fouls and he doenst know how to get his points consistently. That all will improve mark my words.

Yeah, he had a stupid arm wrapping foul today, even the commentators mentioned that.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:23 pm
this is pathetic n i really wish that mcgrady had stayed home for this.

he cost us the game, he took almost all the shots in fourth quarter despite missing numerous in a row. n that is when spurs steamrolled ahead of rox. his turnovers were very untimely ones. it looked like it was his playground n he killed it for the rest of the mates. im really frustrated with his attitude but whats the point? he aint learning. its safe to say he imposed his will on this game.

Yao shot below his par but he was hardly involved in the 4th when u'd think he would be the focal point. he did well to make up for his early rusty shooting. but Yaos play has been really dissapointing of late. n rox have never looked like they r gonna be a threat to the contenders. this loss is so waste, its laughable. i just hope Yao finds himself.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:31 pm
that intensity in Q4 by the spurs is what the playoffs is gonna be like. teams clamping down on defense and leaving it all on the floor.

rockets really had a hard time getting it to yao, but ball movement overall was ******. tmac lost a ball on dunk, missed an easy layup and looked really rushed, the rest of the team looked tight also except yao who hit those FT down the stretch and sura who nailed 2 baskets in a row

for me, this game went pretty much as expected. spurs almost never lose at home and they were shooting the lights out in the fourth quarter. spurs dont have duncan so even from a confidence/momentum pov a win wouldn't have meant much

yao needs to step up though. this is the type of quarter where he could have made the difference in the game. as i say, they're gonna NEED him in the playoffs

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:37 pm
User avatarPosts: 948Location: Washington, DCJoined: Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:52 pm
SirRebus wrote:
daernoth wrote:

Yeah, he had a stupid arm wrapping foul today, even the commentators mentioned that.

he wasnt in foul trouble... that foul is really nonconsequential.
IMO, he was smart today on taking fouls 8)
his offense sucked tho,
:(

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:42 pm
knoxxx wrote:
this is pathetic n i really wish that mcgrady had stayed home for this.

he cost us the game, he took almost all the shots in fourth quarter despite missing numerous in a row. n that is when spurs steamrolled ahead of rox. his turnovers were very untimely ones. it looked like it was his playground n he killed it for the rest of the mates. im really frustrated with his attitude but whats the point? he aint learning. its safe to say he imposed his will on this game.

Yao shot below his par but he was hardly involved in the 4th when u'd think he would be the focal point. he did well to make up for his early rusty shooting. but Yaos play has been really dissapointing of late. n rox have never looked like they r gonna be a threat to the contenders. this loss is so waste, its laughable. i just hope Yao finds himself.

Yao was swamped by Spur defense (double and triple team most of the time) in the fourth quarter, that was why TMac took most shots. After all, the guards could not make wide open jumpers. While Spur (especially Barry) made 3-point shots easily, the Rocket guards were scrambling all over the place to find their rythm. To certain extent, you could credit Spur for their speedy switch.

And of course, the refs did not help either by allowing Spur to foul all the time while calling Rocket closely in the fourth quarter.

:(

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:23 pm
User avatarPosts: 474Location: montreal,QC,CanadaJoined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:55 pm
Just get back from watching this game with my friends,we had a chance to win,but the spurs' defense is just too good, Barry hit some key amazing 3 ball.

After playing very hard on the defensive end through 3 quarters, it looked like our perimeter defenders (in particular) ran out of gas in the final quarter. An anemic offense has a way of sapping energy on the defensive end as well, and there looked to be some of that as well in the fourth quarter. Hopefully the Rockets can bounce back and win tomorrow night.

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:25 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Offline Profile