Author Message

<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  game 67 - the rockets vs. the heat, 9:30et march 22, 2005

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:00 pm
Posts: 301Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:11 am
rico wrote:
somethings cannot be learned or taught overnight. if Deke can teach Yao become a rebounding monster overnight, Yao can also teach Deke to become a scoring machine which we know it's impossible. we have to face the fact that Yao is not and may never be an automatic boarding machine. But I think as time goes on and with more exprience under his belt, Yao will turn into an above average rebounder.


Yao is already an above avg rebounder, cut down play on the perimeter, he'll be a very good one.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:01 pm
Posts: 52Location: los angelesJoined: Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:50 pm
shokenchi wrote:
start mutumbo from now on. 16 straight wins.


Or, play Yao more when he is ON, otherwise let Dik take over the middle (for defensive purpose).


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:01 pm
Posts: 3803Location: Bet on us!Joined: Thu May 27, 2004 2:29 am
this was a glorious win!


Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:05 pm
User avatarPosts: 474Location: montreal,QC,CanadaJoined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:55 pm
It was definitely a clumsy finish, but a good win regardless. We played with strong defensive intensity, and did a good job on the boards too. Even though we shot poorly again from the perimeter, we did those two things so we were able to overcome it. :D :o


Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:06 pm
Posts: 9122Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:32 pm
here is a funny thougt:
start twin tower, play pure half-court offense and super tight defense; after 8 mins, put in a small line up and start running-and-gunning and take early clock treys.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:10 pm
Posts: 52Location: los angelesJoined: Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:50 pm
Schumacher wrote:
rico wrote:
somethings cannot be learned or taught overnight. if Deke can teach Yao become a rebounding monster overnight, Yao can also teach Deke to become a scoring machine which we know it's impossible. we have to face the fact that Yao is not and may never be an automatic boarding machine. But I think as time goes on and with more exprience under his belt, Yao will turn into an above average rebounder.


Yao is already an above avg rebounder, cut down play on the perimeter, he'll be a very good one.


Little bit more than 8 rebounds per game is above average, for a guy who is 7'6" and "not a stiff"? Are you only comparing him with Sean Bradley (even so, I'll bet you Sean is a better rebouder - per minutes - than Mr. Yao.)


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:18 pm
Posts: 301Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:11 am
Arlie wrote:
Little bit more than 8 rebounds per game is above average, for a guy who is 7'6" and "not a stiff"? Are you only comparing him with Sean Bradley (even so, I'll bet you Sean is a better rebouder - per minutes - than Mr. Yao.)


Rox plays much more of a team rebounding compared to the likes of Wolves where KG gets all. & Rox shoots a lot of long jumpshots.
Yao plays at the perimeter on both offense & defence much more than Deke & Shaq, which btw contributes to more fouls as well as less rebs. I'm merely pointing these facts out.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:34 pm
User avatarPosts: 58874Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Just toooooooooooo many match photos on sina.com on this match. SO ONLY the ones with Yao Ming in them..... For the rest, just click onto the weblink of the photo gallery below. :oops: :roll:

BOX SCORE

PHOTO GALLERY

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:42 pm
User avatarPosts: 58874Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Schumacher wrote:
Rox plays much more of a team rebounding compared to the likes of Wolves where KG gets all. & Rox shoots a lot of long jumpshots.

Yao plays at the perimeter on both offense & defence much more than Deke & Shaq, which btw contributes to more fouls as well as less rebs. I'm merely pointing these facts out.


ABSOLUTELY !!!! Well if posters can take a more objective way of looking at the game and NOT PURELY from statistics....they would have known Yao Ming did not play exactly that poor as described by Arlie.

From the match photos, Shaq is playing unstoppable....and it was those big men, like Yao, Deke and FatSpoon, all fighting ferociously and selflessly trying to halt him by hooks or by crooks.

Do you think any other centre in NBA now could halt this monsterous Shaq like Yao Ming as illustrated in the following photo ???

Image


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Posts: 3803Location: Bet on us!Joined: Thu May 27, 2004 2:29 am
thats a foul pryuen...


Offline Profile WWW

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Page 40 of 43
422 posts
Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum