<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  GAME 55: Rockets @ Spurs (02/23/05 9:00PM EST)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:03 pm
User avatarPosts: 3321Location: L AJoined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:07 am
and as i promised, i'll let pry start the next thread.
against the
jazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

rox have smooth forecast ahead for next 3 games until the storm comes
jazz - depleted
bulls - interesting... gordon is playing like a rookie possessed
wizards - arenas is dying to torch the rox for payback
dallas - run and gun houston out of town?
seattle - rox have a score to settle...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:03 pm
User avatarPosts: 948Location: Washington, DCJoined: Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:52 pm
tmac again played 45 min tonite... he has been ineffective lately. i know sura is unavailable but shouldnt JVG give Paddget and Bowen more min?
looks tmac needs time to nurse his back again. :(

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:05 pm
no pg. no W. as simple as that.

rox should trade for a PG

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:10 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Cokebabies wrote:
if JVG continues to start rod strickland, he should be fired. even charlie ward is better than rod strickland. seeing strickland running around on the court trying to keep up with tony parker makes me want to cry.

andre barrett might be unexperienced but at least he still provides a spark of energy with his blazing speed. plus, barrett has upside potential whereas strickland is waaaaay overdue.

Rod Strickland is tooooooooo old.....but at least he can provide the right and timely dimes for Yao Ming to score that is lacking in Sura or Ward. Remember that streak of points of Yao Ming early in 4Q to pull the game back into a 74 to 72...2 point game?? Strickland must have passed out 3 to 4 great assists to Yao Ming to score.

But I guess his legs and speed just could not match those young legs and speed of Ginobili and Parker towards the end of the quarter.

As a matter of fact, IMHO, no matter who else played on the point guard position in the current Rockets' roster...even if Sura is healthy, they would probably still be ran over by Ginobili and Parker. :roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:13 pm
pruyen is right. Even with sura. The spurs are that good they would have probarly won.

Losing to the best team in the nba at their home (which they only lost once at) is no disgrace.
I am pleased Yao exceeded his poitns averge. But mad he got so many fouls and not enough rebounds.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:14 pm
User avatarPosts: 948Location: Washington, DCJoined: Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:52 pm
i think sura can do a better job protecting the ball. the steal at the end of the game were awful :x
sura can also provide us with more offense power. but we would still lose
because there is no way sura could make up the badplay of tmac!
he is just bricking lately... :cry:

pryuen wrote:
Cokebabies wrote:
if JVG continues to start rod strickland, he should be fired. even charlie ward is better than rod strickland. seeing strickland running around on the court trying to keep up with tony parker makes me want to cry.

andre barrett might be unexperienced but at least he still provides a spark of energy with his blazing speed. plus, barrett has upside potential whereas strickland is waaaaay overdue.

Rod Strickland is tooooooooo old.....but at least he can provide the right and timely dimes for Yao Ming to score that is lacking in Sura or Ward. Remember that streak of points of Yao Ming early in 4Q to pull the game back into a 74 to 72...2 point game?? Strickland must have passed out 3 to 4 great assists to Yao Ming to score.

But I guess his legs and speed just could not match those young legs and speed of Ginobili and Parker towards the end of the quarter.

As a matter of fact, IMHO, no matter who else played on the point guard position in the current Rockets' roster...even if Sura is healthy, they would probably still be ran over by Ginobili and Parker. :roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:20 pm
User avatarPosts: 3406Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:22 pm
CantonKid wrote:
no pg. no W. as simple as that.

rox should trade for a PG
Baron Davis

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:23 pm
hell no...

u guys complain SF was a ballhog.

davis makes SF look like a PG.

the guys a shoot first PG.

all u yao lovers will be banging ur heads against the wall for every brick davis lays.

plus heres the kicker: he's INJURY PRONE!

and how do u suppose we get davis? trade mot, howard, spoon for him?

plz.. hornets can get more for davis elsewhere.

if anywhere, davis is going to LA.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:33 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Here you go with match photos (from sina.com and a few bonus pictures from Yahoo Sports) and box scores of this humiliating loss to San Antonio Spurs !!! :P :oops: :wink:

BOX SCORE

PHOTO GALLERY

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:35 pm
pryuen wrote:
Cokebabies wrote:

are you kidding me? you make it sound like it is hard to get assists off yao. i could get 5 assists by passing to yao since he is shooting so well as of late.

yes sura has his flaws in terms of hogging the ball at times but his positives far outweigh his negatives. did you see how many times tony parker broke free to the hoop? you know your point guard sucks when tony parker dunks the ball. plus, at least sura has an offensive game whereas strickland shoots as well as mutumbo. the only thing strickland is good for is walking the ball past half-court.

Offline Profile