<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game 45 Houston @ Miami Jan 30 1pm ET on ABC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:02 pm
User avatarPosts: 3406Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:22 pm
pryuen wrote:
Whatever you said... I don't want to argue with someone who thought a scrub with 4 points/3 rebounds and got 5 fouls from Yao Ming for 21 minutes of play outplayed Yao Ming !!!
ROFLMAO

and this from someone who had previously protested, vehemmently, that Yao's 10 TOs in one game is not butter-fingeritis. and equated that many of Yao's single-digit scoring games as being solid performance.

Last edited by bblock12000 on Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:05 pm
User avatarPosts: 50568Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:06 pm
Posts: 8025Location: GuangxiJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:14 pm
Judge wrote:
shokenchi wrote:
pryuen wrote:
stantang wrote:
READ, did I said that? NO! Have you watched the game? NO!

OOPPSS !!! I thought you were that SOMEONE !!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

pryuen wrote:
shokenchi wrote:
yao got outplayed by doleac and i thought that would be mismatch.

C'MON....that's BS !!!! HOW was Yao Ming outplayed by Doleac ??? :shock: :twisted: :roll: Someone with 4 points/3 rebounds/0 blocks and 5 fouls for 21 minutes of play ?? :roll:

yao didnt score against this scrub, blame on sura and other guards i supposed. the scrub scored all his pts on yao. all da front made it hard for yao i guess. rox need to learn to lob.

You must be kidding.

Doleac scored once while Yao was on the Court, and when Yao was forced to cover Jone's penetration. Doleac was wide open then. Doleac's other score came when Yao was off. Doleac missed his shot when Yao was on his face.

Also, Doleac fouled Yao four times resulting Yao's four FT points. In fact, he was not able to stop Yao even once, as long as Yao's teammate passed the ball to Yao.

Doleac might have looked good fronting Yao in causing Yao's teammates' hesitation in passing the ball to Yao. But that's the passers' problem rather than outplaying Yao. Besides, Yao's teammates seldom want to pass to Yao as their first option anyway.

:D

still yao didnt score on a scrub. he needs to tell his mates to pass him the ball cuz they will just keep ignoring him.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:10 pm
User avatarPosts: 408Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:17 pm
kenlau wrote:
Judge wrote:
shokenchi wrote:
yao and shaq were non factors in this game.

Both Shaq and Yao were not the major factor in the first half. But Yao was the best Rocket in the second half while Shaq remained quite subdue. But the other Heats (Wade / Jones) were killing us in the second half. We have no perimeter defence at all. The rotation was late many times. It could be the fatigue factor for the old legs.

Also, is it me, or do Rox guards like to bite on fakes a lot? No way in hell would I jump up for the block when Wade goes full speed, and then stop for a quick pull up. He got a lot of fouls by faking the guy in the air doing that and then drawing some contact.

Yao also inexplicably jumped up while holding both arms up when Wade drove into the paint and got an AND1.

It looked like yao couldn't make up his mind, stand firm and hold both arms up or jump up for the block.. He did both and it resulted in a stupid foul that looked quite ridiculous.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:11 pm
User avatarPosts: 1211Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:26 pm
i don't care, Yao outplayed Shaq :D
the loss of this game is not Yao's fault

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:11 pm
User avatarPosts: 408Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:17 pm
kenlau wrote:
Judge wrote:
shokenchi wrote:

Both Shaq and Yao were not the major factor in the first half. But Yao was the best Rocket in the second half while Shaq remained quite subdue. But the other Heats (Wade / Jones) were killing us in the second half. We have no perimeter defence at all. The rotation was late many times. It could be the fatigue factor for the old legs.

Also, is it me, or do Rox guards like to bite on fakes a lot? No way in hell would I jump up for the block when Wade goes full speed, and then stop for a quick pull up. He got a lot of fouls by faking the guy in the air doing that and then drawing some contact.

Yao also inexplicably jumped up while holding both arms up when Wade drove into the paint and got an AND1.

It looked like yao couldn't make up his mind, stand firm and hold both arms up or jump up for the block.. He did both and it resulted in a stupid foul that looked quite ridiculous.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:17 pm
User avatarPosts: 7114Location: Austin, TX Home of the RoseBowl Champions and NCAA basketball champions.Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 am
cyfjeff wrote:

Thats not a good atitude. The standings will show Yao lost and Shaq won.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:17 pm
Quote:

Hey better than Amare going, oh crap he is coming in, where is the empty space so I can runaway from it.

If you are going to say crap about Yao's defense you better reflect it to Amare because Amare has no D.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:19 pm
cyfjeff wrote:

yea, I'm just glad Yao outplayed Shaq. The win is whats important, but at least it was against the best team in the East.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:20 pm
godlymatrix wrote:
kenlau wrote:
Judge wrote:
shokenchi wrote:

Yao fell for that trick once while the other Rockets fell for that quite a few times. We can't deny Wade is a pretty good player. He is strong, atheletic and skillful. It is very hard to ask your 7' 6" to defend such a guard, if you guards are not doing their job to stop the penetration.

In fact, Yao had success in getting a charge call once under that situation. He had have a block for another similiar situation, had Pagett not been called for a similar bite prior to the block.

Offline Profile