Author Message

<  Around the NBA  ~  Wang gets mentioned by Shaq :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:54 pm
User avatarPosts: 3321Location: L AJoined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:07 am
Golden State is wang's next home.

face the reality. the heat were desperate to sell tix cuz not many people give a damn about the heat.

shaq is black will rally up tix sales and ergo more sellouts esp. the games against houston and lakers.

wzz is as god as gone. malone, horry, malik, doleac = little or no playing time for wzz.

Wzz is a loser who will get waived again and again... why? once a team has a new attraction ala shaq, they dont need an ex-chinese mercenary to lure in the crowds.

gs can take wzz in and give him the chinese royal treatment for all i care because it'll be their way of drawing in the chinese.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:21 pm
User avatarPosts: 1077Location: usaJoined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:42 pm
hm, i dunno, hows he gonna get there? cause the warriors are certainly not interested, or are they?
there is a big chinese community in GS...
but is he happy in miami


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:43 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Xu.Jing wrote:
hm, i dunno, hows he gonna get there? cause the warriors are certainly not interested, or are they?
there is a big chinese community in GS...
but is he happy in miami


Well, whether he is happy or not, I dunno. But obviously he seemed determined to trim down his fat contents, bulk up his power and strength (according to an interview from his strength/conditioning coach Bill Foran recently in Beijing for the 2004 NBA-CBA Coaches Camp), and it seemed he is still within sights of Pat Riley and SVG.

However, recent recruitment of Michael Doleac (C), signing up of the 18-Year-old new draft pick Dorell Wright (PF), and the rumour of Karl Malone joining seemed to be all suggesting his days at Miami Heat might be numbered !!! :shock: :oops: :cry: :cry: :cry: :wink:


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:45 pm
User avatarPosts: 3321Location: L AJoined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:07 am
pryuen wrote:
Xu.Jing wrote:
hm, i dunno, hows he gonna get there? cause the warriors are certainly not interested, or are they?
there is a big chinese community in GS...
but is he happy in miami


Well, whether he is happy or not, I dunno. But obviously he seemed determined to trim down his fat contents, bulk up his power and strength (according to an interview from his strength/conditioning coach Bill Foran recently in Beijing for the 2004 NBA-CBA Coaches Camp), and it seemed he is still within sights of Pat Riley and SVG.

However, recent recruitment of Michael Doleac (C), signing up of the 18-Year-old new draft pick Dorell Wright (PF), and the rumour of Karl Malone joining seemed to be all suggesting his days at Miami Heat might be numbered !!! :shock: :oops: :cry: :cry: :cry: :wink:


i hear that its a done deal.

malone will be in a heat uniform.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:58 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
CantonKid wrote:
i hear that its a done deal.

malone will be in a heat uniform.


It's NOT a DONE deal YET, as Gregg Popovich is still waiting for Karl Malone's reply to join San Antonio Spurs, as Popovich just lashed out his ultimatum as late as yesterday !!! :shock: :P :oops: :wink:


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:27 pm
User avatarPosts: 3321Location: L AJoined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:07 am
too lazy to register but i hear karl doesnt wnat to go to spurs and be a bench player.

he wnats to earn his own ring, not be TD's backup *****.

besides in the east he wont have much probs cuz he wont have to see TD and KG. :)

he can school Jermaine O'Neal.

other than that there really arent that many other notable PFs in the East.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:35 am
Posts: 193Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:19 pm
SVG and Riley can say whatever they want to say, but the bottomline is Wang will probably be at the end of the bench and on the IR with a phantom injury for this coming season. They won't waive him because he's cheap and an extra body, but he probably won't get many opportunities unless there's a serious rash of injuries.

Wang is by no means lazy. If he were lazy, he'd sit around and get fat and collect his paycheck, instead, he works hard and gets in shape and is ready to play, but is not given opportunities. I will admit that he is pathetic at D and all the practice and coaching in the world won't make him a good rebounder or defender. Still, talentwise he's better than lot of the backup bigs in the league. I also see that he plays timidly whereas in the Summer League and international games, he plays without fear. If Wang was ever given opportunity and votes of confidence by his teamates, hsi GM, and his coach, he would be a productive off the bench scoring machine.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:46 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
pryuen wrote:
However, recent recruitment of Michael Doleac (C), signing up of the 18-Year-old new draft pick Dorell Wright (PF), and the rumour of Karl Malone joining seemed to be all suggesting his days at Miami Heat might be numbered !!!


MORE BAD NEWS for Wang Zhizhi; Miami Heat re-signed their free agent small forward Rasual Butler, a rather accurate 3-point sniper !! :shock: :oops: :cry: :cry: :cry:

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mp ... kn/2707809


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:51 pm
User avatarPosts: 3406Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:22 pm
nerdykid wrote:
SVG and Riley can say whatever they want to say, but the bottomline is Wang will probably be at the end of the bench and on the IR with a phantom injury for this coming season. They won't waive him because he's cheap and an extra body, but he probably won't get many opportunities unless there's a serious rash of injuries. yeah, u got a point there !

If he were lazy, he'd sit around and get fat and collect his paycheck, that was exactly the case w the Clips when he pouted, and ate himself out of bb shape by mid-season.

I also see that he plays timidly whereas in the Summer League and international games, he plays without fear. i can only surmise that he is not as afraid of the scrubs in the Summer League

If Wang was ever given opportunity and votes of confidence by his teamates, hsi GM, and his coach, he would be productive Trust / respect are earned, not given. until he shows that he is will to do the dirty work during practice, he will never earn the trust of his coaches / teammates


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:58 am
Posts: 1109Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2003 10:44 pm
Are We Seeing RACISM here.
I have seen a lot of attacks against Wang Zhi Zhi which is just uncalled for.

Remember he is a second round drafted player.
Was any second round player ever been expected to become a superstar.
Second Round drafted player are expected to be bench players nothing more.
That's what Wang's talent is at.
A Bench plaer.

Calling him lazy and all that is ridiculous.
Anyone here calling Steven Hunter Lazy?
How about Joel Pryzbilla.

I sense Racist Motives here in the constant criticism of Wang Zhi Zhi.
whose abilities would never be more than a backup no matter how hard he work his a.. off.


Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Page 6 of 7
65 posts
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum