<  Around the NBA  ~  Wang gets mentioned by Shaq :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:34 pm
User avatarPosts: 3321Location: L AJoined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:07 am
chinatown wrote:
Hey, Miami just picked up Michael Doleac, who is also a center with a soft tough from outside. Not exactly a show of confidence in the Da Zhi, if you know what I mean.

WZZ is more suited for PF position. no way in hell would i ever play him at C. He is a shooter, not a inside presence. I say let shaq do the inside damage while shooters like WZZ get their shot to hit a 3.

WZZ = Miami's Nowitzski in theory

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:07 am
User avatarPosts: 2347Location: HKJoined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:48 pm
CantonKid wrote:
chinatown wrote:
Hey, Miami just picked up Michael Doleac, who is also a center with a soft tough from outside. Not exactly a show of confidence in the Da Zhi, if you know what I mean.

WZZ is more suited for PF position. no way in hell would i ever play him at C. He is a shooter, not a inside presence. I say let shaq do the inside damage while shooters like WZZ get their shot to hit a 3.

WZZ = Miami's Nowitzski in theory

that'd be great of him
hope he doesn't mess up this chance though.
beat medvedanko first

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:05 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Geeeeeez Karl Malone may join the Miami Heat according to Timberwolves vice president Kevin McHale !!

If this eventually materializes, this sure is going to be a heavy blow to the prospects and future of Wang Zhizhi in the Heat.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercuryn ... 249257.htm

First it was hoped that he can have meaningful play minutes as backup to Shaquille O'Neal with the trading out of Odom and Grant, but in come Michael Doleac.

We then talked about he may play backup for Udonis Haslem in the power forward position. And now even Haslem could be downgraded as a backup to Karl Malone, if Karl Malone do makes up his mind about joining.

Surely hope WZZ won't be waived by the Heat in due course. :shock: :oops: :cry: :cry: :wink:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:23 am
User avatarPosts: 3321Location: L AJoined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:07 am
pryuen wrote:
Geeeeeez Karl Malone may join the Miami Heat according to Timberwolves vice president Kevin McHale !!

If this eventually materializes, this sure is going to be a heavy blow to the prospects and future of Wang Zhizhi in the Heat.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercuryn ... 249257.htm

First it was hoped that he can have meaningful play minutes as backup to Shaquille O'Neal with the trading out of Odom and Grant, but in come Michael Doleac.

We then talked about he may play backup for Udonis Haslem in the power forward position. And now even Haslem could be downgraded as a backup to Karl Malone, if Karl Malone do makes up his mind about joining.

Surely hope WZZ won't be waived by the Heat in due course. :shock: :oops: :cry: :cry: :wink:

oh he's gonna be waived.

heat will have no prob selling out w/ the whole "Shaq in black" slogan.

wzz = attracts azns = generates attendance.

we'll leave WZZ to some desperate team who wants to bring in azns in attendance.

hmm... golden state? :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:47 am
Not a bad idea. Warriors has by far the best Asian fan base/attendance, plus it's a lousy team, so WZZ should get way more playing time, even if Malone doesn't join the Heat.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:31 am
User avatarPosts: 3406Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:22 pm
CantonKid wrote:
pryuen wrote:
Surely hope WZZ won't be waived by the Heat in due course.
oh he's gonna be waived...hmm... golden state?
the harsh reality is, most probably, Wang will be waived again.

if this---being waived by an NBA team twice in less than a yr---doesn't send a sense of urgency to his system, nothing will. hopefully, the sense of urgency (his last chance in the NBA) will drive him to sacrafice his body, doing all the dirty work, in NBA practices. when he does that, he will earn the trust of his coaches and teammates. this could lead to more minutes and, perhaps, a multi-yr contract.

without an NBA career, Wang will be less able to pay the mortgage on his palacial home in LA.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:16 am
WZZ, now much lean and fit, could possibly play the SF position on the Heat squad - he will cause a big problem for opposing D with his size and outside J, and with Shaq and Malone guarding the paint, he can afford to body up on the guy he's guarding to stop their outside J's and force them to drive past him into the baseline, where Malone and Shaq awaits...
It seem that SVG and Riley really likes him, so let's wait and see if they incorporate him into the system more, even with Malone in the picture.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:02 am
wang at SF? wouldn't he be too slow ?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:13 pm
calyp wrote:
wang at SF? wouldn't he be too slow ?
with NBA allowing zone defense these days, that's not too much of a concern. Surely other SF's will drive right past him, but all he has to do is stop their outside J and force them to drive into the trap. On offense, opposing SF's will be too short to block his long range J's, trying to recover from doubling Shaq.
Remember Tony Kukoc on the Bulls? WZZ will be left wide open just like Tony and hopefully will do some damage likewise. Tony has no D too especially with Shaq and maybe Malone, they don't need WZZ's D as much.
It's all up to the coach the scheme and strategy of the Heat's O and D, and if SVG wants to utilize WZZ the way I described. I hope he will be used to best benefit the Heat and himself.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:54 pm
User avatarPosts: 66Location: Home of the TigersJoined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:14 am
i still don't see WZZ will get anymore playing time from last season.

Offline Profile